Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Banana Twins by Accio_Chocolate

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: JKR owns the characters, I’m just sending them on an adventure into the future.




Sleepovers




A fire crackled merrily in a London flat. It was no ordinary flat, as it belonged to the biggest mischief makers of the time. Fred and George Weasley, proprietors of Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes, were engulfed in a game of wizard’s chess. Identical looks of concentration would have made an outside observer think they were either deep in thought, plotting their next moves, or had just taken some U-No-Poo by mistake.

“Check!” cried George victoriously. He started to dance in celebration, but his ego quickly deflated at one word from his opponent.

“Checkmate.” Fred grinned cockily, and then said, “Too bad your chessmen couldn’t tell us apart. I bewitched them not to call out hints if they were going to be taken.”

“Cheater! No wonder I thought I was doing so well.” George seemed to take his brother’s trickery in stride. However, the cogs were already turning in his head, searching for a way to outsmart his twin.

Lights began to flash within the flat. Fred summoned a bewitched periscope to see who was about to enter their humble abode. Grinning in delight, he announced, “Our favorite people are here!” Running to the door, he opened it, and swept down into a bow.

“Uncle Fred! Uncle George! We missed you!” Two whirlwinds ran into the room, followed by their parents.

“Hello, brothers dearest.” Ginny walked towards them, her pregnant stomach leading the way.

Harry closed the door, and greeted his brothers-in-law, “Hi guys. We really appreciate you taking care of Lily and Molly while we are at St. Mungo’s. Mum would have taken them, but they begged to stay with their favorite uncles.”

Lily began tugging on George’s pants. She batted her eyelashes at him, and asked, “Unka George, where are your new tricks? You promised when we came you would have a surprise for us. Where is it?”

George scooped his niece up and began to tickle her. Fred followed suit with Molly, and the room rang with laughter.

“You had better not give them anything dangerous. After all, you are responsible for the girls for the next few days.” Ginny warned.

“Mommy, we’ll behave, we promise!” said Fred.

Molly, Lily, and George echoed him, and then smiled angelically at the parents.

“All right you lot. I know you are bound to get into some trouble, but after all the times you did it at Hogwarts, I’m sure you’ll be safe. Ginny, stop fretting, they’re going to be fine. Besides, your mum is only a floo away, and we’re going to be close by as well.” Harry grinned at the two sets of twins. “Now what are the rules?”

“Don’t go outside unless Uncle Fred or Uncle George is with us,” said Lily.

“Don’t answer the door without checking to see who is there first,” seconded Molly.

“Don’t give them anything dangerous to play with,” pitched in George.

“Don’t let them test any new products, even if they beg and plead,” added Fred.

"Don't put one hundred chocolate chips in anyone's mouth and dare them to sing the Hogwarts' school song," chorused the Weasley twins.

“And don’t forget to check in at least twice a day,” the group concluded.

Ginny straightened, and said, “Well, I’m glad you know the rules. I’m going to miss you girls very much. As for you two monkeys, you’re going to wish you had never agreed to this. Goodbye everyone!” Ginny and Harry disappeared with two pops.

“Let the games begin!” declared Fred.




Later that evening, Fred and George were beginning to wonder why they had agreed to watch Lily and Molly for a week. It was much different when you were the responsible adults than the doting uncles. Managing two three year old girls was quite a task, especially since they were covered head-to-toe in color changing ink.

“Ok girls, we need to clean you up before dinner. You might want to close your eyes for a minute.” Pointing his wand towards the miniature ink blotters, Fred did the incantation, “Scourgify!” Pink bubbles shot out of the tip of his wand, scrubbing the girls until they were pink-cheeked and spotless. Lily, with her red hair and green eyes, looked like she was ready to spit. Molly, with black hair and green eyes, had an identical expression on her face.

Plates of roast beef with potatoes and gravy appeared on the table. “Dig in!” Fred cheered.

Everyone tucked in, and the girls kept a running commentary up on how their uncles were eating their food. Lily exclaimed, “Look! Uncle George is making a mountain of potatoes!”

“Uncle Fred’s is a volcano!” Squealed Molly.

The girls began building their own mashed potato volcanoes. Soon, dinner was over, and banana splits appeared on the table.

“We made these banana splits special for out two favorite nieces,” declared George.

Molly and Lily began eating the ice cream treats, not noticing that their uncles hadn’t touched the ones sitting in front of them. All of the sudden, they burst into song.

Let me hear you say, this is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S
This is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S
Again, this is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S
This is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S

“Sheer genius if I do say so myself,” laughed Fred.

“I agree most certainly,” responded George before spooning a few mouthfuls of his banana split into his mouth. He began singing in an off key voice.

Let me hear you say, this is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S
This is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S
Again, this is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S
This is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S

Lily and Molly giggled in delight.

“Crooning Custards. We’re still testing out the banana split flavor, but we’ve got the coconut cream pie that sings I’ve Got A Lovely Bunch Of Coconuts, and the chocolate gateau that sings Crocodile Rock. I think we might have finally figured out the right charms for the banana split. What do you think George?” queried Fred.

“I think we’ve got it. Now who wants to play with some more new inventions?”

Lily stated matter-of-factly, “Unka George, Daddy said we couldn’t play with any new products.”

Fred smiled, “I didn’t hear him say products, I heard him say inventions. What did you hear Molly?”

“No, he said inventions. That means we aren’t breaking any rules!”

“That’s right. Tomorrow we are going to go to Diagon Alley to the store. We can take a look at all the new inventions then. I think it’s time for bed now.” George picked up the protesting girls and headed for the spare bedroom. He opened the door, and the girls gasped in delight. The room was a pale purple with baby pink trim. Two beds covered with pillows were against opposite walls, with a knotted rug in between. There were toys heaping out of a toy box, robes to play pretend in, and a chemistry set on the dresser. Dropping his nieces onto a bed, he snatched up a pillow and bellowed, “Pillow fight!”

Feathers were flying as everyone joined in the fray. Fred was charming pillows to hover over George’s head, then rip open, showering him with downy feathers. Molly was spinning in a circle, hitting anything that was in her way. Lily was giggling helplessly as she bounced on the bed, tossing pillows into the air.

George shouted, “Haven’t you ever had a pillow fight before? You are supposed to pick up a pillow and hit everyone else with it!”

Everyone else took his advice and began pelting him with pillows for criticizing their techniques. Soon the group was out of breath and red-faced. Taking seats around the room, they surveyed the room that was in chaos. Fred did a quick spell to return everything to its rightful place.

The girls finally settled down and went to sleep. Fred and George exited the room, exchanging looks of relief.

“How did Mum do it?” asked Fred.

“Well, Ginny was the only girl. Girls are worse than boys. Mum was lucky to only get stuck with one.” joked George.

“That must be it!” agreed Fred.




A/N: I had to pick an Elton John song! Don’t ask why, form your own opinion. This chapter is dedicated to my friend Kim, who is most definitely B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

A/N: The song lyrics to “Hollaback Girl” belong to Gwen Stefani. They were just appropriate to borrow (and edit) for my story, which sadly, I will not make any money on.

A/N: I was inspired to add the chocolate chip rule after eating almost that many myself, although sadly, I didn't sing the school song.