Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Love Can Make You Feel Stupid by VanillaScent

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
AN: I've been told for some OOCness, but GOOD OOCness.... Yes... OOCnes... Good.... lmao ;)


CHAPTER TWO Enjoying Each Other's Company

Ginny walked into the library, ready to teach her riva- her brother's rival, Transfiguration. 'Who'd have thought? A student a year younger than Malfoy teaching HIM a subject he was failing.' At this thought, Ginny grinned. She could have fun with this. . .

She walked over to an empty table and set all her books down and sat down on a hard chair. She waited for Malfoy, wondering why he was the one eating so slowly. Five minutes passed. . . Ten. . . Fifteen. . . Then he was here.

"You're late, Ferret-Boy," she said, flipping through her Transfiguration book.

"No, you're early," he shot back.

"Whatever. Just sit already. Now. Why are you failing the easiest class on earth?" Ginny asked, grinning.

"What does that got to do with anything?" Draco snapped.

"Well, you see. It's like this. We find out your weakness and work on it. Do you get it?" Ginny asked mockingly.

"No, Malfoys don't have weaknesses. I'm only failing because I'm late for classes and because I can't transfigure living things into anything. That, Weasley, is not a weakness," Draco answered.

"Sure, whatever. Now, you're failing because you're late for class? How am I supposed to help prevent that?!" Ginny exclaimed. Draco shrugged.

"Aren't you supposed to be the smart one around here?!" exclaimed Draco.

"Yes, but. . . Fine, why are you late for classes?" Ginny asked.

"I dunno. Potions is in the dungeons and I have Potions before Transfigurations, I guess."

"Well, I can't help you with that, of course. That's your issue, Ferret- Boy. But, I can teach you how to transform animals or any living thing into pillows and teacups."

"Great. Just great," Draco replied sarcastically.

So, through an hour of tutoring in the library, Draco finally succeeded (after thirty-two tries) turning a small spider that was crawling up Ginny's book, into a nice button.

"Good. You've got it. Excellent, Malfoy!!!! Oh, I'm so proud of you!" Ginny exclaimed and hugged the Ferret-Boy. . . he hugged her back.

"Ginny!!! Get off him now!" Ron's voice yelled.

"Quiet down!" Madam Pince snapped.

Ron blushed as Ginny finally realized what she was doing.

"I'm so sorry!" she said.

"Er. . . It's fine. See you tomorrow, Red," he said, sort of stuttering and walked off.

Ginny shook her head mentally and followed a red Ronald Weasley out of the library and into the Gryffindor common room.

"Ginny! How did it go?" Hermione asked immediately.

"Okay. He finally got how to transform a spider into a button," Ginny answered.

"He didn't do anything to you, right?" Hermione asked.

Ginny shook her head. "How did it go for you? How'd Crabbe do?"

"Crabbe is so stupid! I can't help but say that! He has no clue what radios are! He just has a mind of a nymph I guess!" Hermione complained. "I bet he doesn't even know what a nymph is! Ron's stupid too! He's getting tutored by-"

"I hugged him," Ginny blurted.

"Who?" Dhyna asked coming down from the girls' dormitories.

"Malfoy." Ginny sighed. "He hugged me back. I know I shouldn't be feeling this way, but. . . It felt nice to be in his arms!" Ginny added dreamily.

"You should be glad Ron didn't hear that," Dhyna whispered.

......................................

The next day, after breakfast, Ginny headed off to advanced Transfigurations. She was glad to receive this offer - partly because it was limited and partly because she needed to see how Draco was doing. She walked into the chattery classroom and sat down next to Neville.

"Ginny!" Ron hissed. "Come sit here!"

Ginny rolled her eyes and took her stuff to sit between Ron and Hermione.

"Ron, I'm fifteen! Not fiv-"

"Good morning, class. Now, I hope you've been practicing how to transform a parrot into a quilt. We shall have a test over that lesson on Thursday," Professor McGonagall announced. At this, Ginny memorized this in her head so she could help Draco. "Now, today, like I promised, we'll be transforming small spider (at this, Ron squeaked) into buttons. You will each work with partners and each of you will be experimenting with ten spiders. Take some notes first and once everyone looks finished, we shall began. Now, parchments and quills. Notes, began." Professor McGonagall swished her wand at the black chalkboard and notes started forming in white chalk.

................

After twenty minutes of non-stop notes, Professor McGonagall told the students to pair up and once person to grab a bag of spiders for each of them.

"Ginny, you want to wor-" Hermione started.

"Hey, Weasley! Come here!" Draco shouted from across the room.

"Mr. Malfoy, don't shout!" Professor McGonagall scolded, making Draco roll his eyes.

"Just a second, Hermione," Ginny said and made her way over to the Slytherin.

"Yes, Ferret-Boy?" she asked.

"Partner?"

"What?!"

"Partners," he repeated simply, rolling his eyes again.

"Er. . . sure. Why not," Ginny answered, smiling weakly. "I'll be right back."

Ginny turned around and faced her brother.

"RON!" she exclaimed.

"Ginny, you're my partner," he growled.

"No. Go tell Hermione that I can't be her partner. Leave. Me. Alone. RONALD!" Ginny practically shouted. "Grow up, Ronald and spiders won't hurt you!"

"But Gin!" Ron started, blushing (Draco snickered).

"You should all have a partner by now. Begin," Professor said and Ron groaned.

'Ha!' Ginny thought, grinning.

"Just what are you so happy about? Being able to be the most handsome guy's partner that every girl's drooling over?" Draco stated.

"You wish!" she snapped, but inside, she was actually happy. . .

For the rest of the class period, Ginny managed to transform her ten small spiders into shiny, black buttons in approximately five minutes.

"That was fast, Red," Draco complimented, not showing his awe.

"Yes. Now, you better start. I expect you to be able to do it too," Ginny said.

He nodded. "No hugging, Weaslette," he said, smirking.

Ginny blushed bright red. "Shut up!" she mumbled.

Draco didn't hear this, but shut up anyways and muttered a simple spell to transform the first spider into a button. Unfortunately, he didn't succeed.

"Come on, Malfoy. Concentrate," she encouraged.

He nodded again and mumbled the spell again. . . It worked! Draco grinned.

"You smiled," Ginny said, smiling herself. "You actually smiled."

"Yeah. . . Er. . . I mean. . . So?"

Ginny giggled and encouraged Draco some more to transform nine more spiders into black buttons. After seven minutes exactly, lying beside Ginny's pile of black button, lay Draco's pile.

"Great job, Ferret!" she smiled.

The two pair sat down and Ginny played with the buttons. Draco looked around and laughed at the fact that Ron was cowering over the spiders and had transfigured none.

"What's so funny? Aren't you scared of anything?" Ginny asked, defending her brother.

Draco snickered again. "No."

Ginny snorted and Draco laughed harder. "What are you scared of, Red?"

"I'm scared that you'll die laughing at some stupid, lame snort," Ginny said.

"Hey!"

.....................................

"Now, you should all have transfigured the small spiders. We have exactly sixteen more minutes of class left. If you're finished, you may get another bag of spiders to practice on or read pages forty through forty-eight in your textbook. If you aren't finished, then please do hurry up. Yes, you Mr. Weasley," Professor McGonagall stated. Draco snickered some more.

"Shut up!" Ginny ordered. "Read your textbook, Ferret-Boy! No wonder you're failing!"

"No," he answered, still laughing.

Ginny rolled her eyes and giggled at the sight of Ron hiding behind Hermione's back.

"See. It's funny, Weasley," Draco said.

"Yeah. . . " Ginny agreed, giggling.

"Look at the two! They actually like each other's company!!!" Ron exclaimed.

"RON! Transfigure these, NOW!" Hermione ordered.

"Hermione! We have to stop the two! They're enjoying each other's-" Ron said.

"Company. You've been saying that for the last ten minutes! NOW! RON BILLIUS WEASLEY! Start transfiguring!" Hermione yelled, blushing.

"Great! They're laughing louder at my middle name. Thanks, Hermione!"

.....................................
End of Chapter Two. :)