Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Love Can Make You Feel Stupid by VanillaScent

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Three: My Friend the Not-So-Helpful

---------------

"And where do you think you're going, Ginny?" Ron asked suspiciously, as Ginny started walking out of the common room.

"Tutoring. Shouldn't you be on your way, too?" Ginny answered.

"Where are you going to tutor?" he asked.

"Library. Now, Ron, if you don't leave me alone, than I am going to make sure mum knows you're failing a subject," Ginny challenged.

"You wouldn't!" Ron growled.

"Watch. Me," Ginny said and walked off.

Ginny turned around and walked over to the library, happy for some odd reason. . . That she had Ron back off? No. . . Not exactly. . .

Ginny walked over to the table where she and Draco studied yesterday. Surprising, Mr. Ferret was already there, organized and ready to be tutored.

"Hmm. . . you're late! Are you too poor to buy a damn watch?" Draco snapped, mockingly.

"No! You're early and I am quite aware of the time, Malfoy," she said, grinning.

"Now, what are we doing today?" he asked lazily, leaning back on his chair.

Ginny put down her old Transfiguration textbook and sat down.

"Weasley, how can you read from such an ancient thing?!" Draco remarked, picking up the Transfigurations textbook from Ron (that was from Fred, that was from Percy).

Ignoring his insult, she took out a small feather from her bag and set it down. She also took out her wand and muttered a spell and the feather turned into a small parrot. It squawked and said, "Ginny! Ginny!" Draco started laughing at this.

"Oh! Would you let it go? You're gonna die laughing someday," Ginny said, rolling her eyes.

"The parrot. I don't get it. How in the bloody hell do we transfigure a hideous creature like that?!"

"You transfigure it with a wand, Malfoy. Seriously, I thought you were smarter than that!" Ginny exclaimed jokingly.

"Shut up. . . Now, I just can't seem to grasp that, Red. Explain and help. We have a quiz Thursday."

"Test. Now, come one. Up! UP!" Ginny had to pull Draco up out of his seat to get him to practice transfiguring the parrot.

----------------------

"I still can't get it, you know," Draco said, sitting down lazily in his chair.

"Well, duh! I see that! We'll practice tomorrow. If I'm in the common room five minutes later than Ron, I'm dead, " Ginny said and walked off.

"But aren't you my tutor? Or are you too stupid to know? Honestly, I thought you were going to help me, but it seems this time is your nappy time or something. All you do is sit your puny, poor little arse down and think or read. It's not like I wanna be here with filth in front of me!" he exclaimed. "I seriously think there was some misunderstanding and I think I should have been the tutor."

Ginny abruptly turned around and glared and walked back towards him. She pointed a finger at his chest and said, "You are the stupid one around here. You can't even transfigure a bloody parrot for Merlin's sake! And do you think I like being here with you?!"

"Well, you probably do, considering I am charming and gorgeous and sexy and han-"

"Yes, but you forgot that you are impolite and stupid and idiotic and. . . and. . ."

"Like I was saying. . . Handsome, attractive. . . " he just went on and on.

"The bleach has infected his brain," she mumbled and walked off, leaving Draco listing all kinds of compliments. 'Wait. . . did I just agree to him being sexy?!' she thought as eyes widened. '. . . Nah. . . Right?'

-----------------

"Ginny, you're five minutes late!" Ron yelled.

"No, Ron, you're early!" Ginny replied and walked up to the girls' dormitories. As soon as she reached upstairs, Ron heard a shrill shriek from her room.

Ginny sighed to herself and dressed into her blue, hand-me-down dressing gown that was a bit big for her. She sighed again and grabbed a book and sat on her bed.

'No way. That's Malfoy. This book is stupid!' Ginny thought. She had read the first couple of pages of her book to find out that the main character in the book looked exactly like her and had a major crush on what sounded like Draco. She set the book beside her lamp and yelled into her pillow.

There was nothing else to do so Ginny decided to set off to dreamland but was interrupted by her friend, Dhyna's squeal.

"Ginny! Ginny! Guess what!" Dhyna yelled.

"What? Ron's having a fit?" Ginny smirked.

"No. You know, you look a lot like Malfoy when you do that. . ." Dhyna said.

"Shut up. Now, you were saying," Ginny said sternly and annoyed.

"Well, Leo Markins from Ravenclaw asked me out! He came up to me and handed me a rose and asked me out! Just like that!!! We're going to Hogsmeade! You should come!" Dhyna squealed some more.

"Leo?! LEO?! You've had a crush on him for ages! Congratulations, Dhy! And sorry, I can't double date. No guy!" Ginny sighed.

"Oooh! I get to play. . . matchmaker!" Dhyna giggled.

"NO! NO WAY!" Ginny yelled.

"Yes way. . . or you can just find a date yourself. . ."

"Whatever. 'Night, Dhy," Ginny said and turned off the light, making darkness sink into the room.

"Get a date, Gin," Dhyna whispered and ignored the pillow Ginny threw at her face.
----------------------

AN: I hope you read and review. :)

Love-
Vanilla~