Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Fight for Ginny by Sorn

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: I hope you like the story.
1. Ginny’s Fight

Ginny watched as Harry walked away. He had just told her that it was over. Harry had just told her that he could not continue to see her, that he could not let her be used against him. Voldemort had used Ginny once before in her first year, through a memory of his teenage self that was stored in a diary. He had used Ginny to attack a number of the Muggle-born students at Hogwarts, and to lure Harry into the Chamber of Secrets. In the Chamber Harry had defeated a sixty-foot basilisk and destroyed Voldemort’s diary, saving Ginny in the process.

After that day Ginny’s crush for Harry had grown from a small acorn into a great oak, but he never seemed to notice her as anything other than his best mate’s little sister. Her hopes began to fade. It was Hermione who gave Ginny some advice during her fourth year she had told Ginny to let Harry go and that she should see other people. At first Ginny didn’t take her advice; she was not quite ready to give up her hopes, not just yet. A few weeks after Hermione’s suggestion, Ginny began to hang around a boy by the name of Michael Corner. Ginny enjoyed his company and began to move on. Even though she was seeing Michael, she always held hope that [she and Harry] would be together. In the end Ginny had found out that Michael was a big git, a good kisser, but a git nonetheless.

After Michael, Ginny went on to date Dean Thomas who was in the same year as Harry. In fact Harry and Dean shared the same dorm room. Ginny and Dean’s relationship did not last through her fifth year; she broke it off with him largely because he was far too clingy for her liking. It wasn’t Ginny’s only reason, though. At times she thought that Harry was showing signs that he was looking at her as more than just his best mate’s little sister. Ginny knew that she was right when Harry kissed her after the last match of Hogwarts’ Quidditch season. To Ginny that kiss blew all the fairytale kisses away. That kiss lit a fire that started in her belly and spread though out her body, and completely consumed her whole being. From the moment of that kiss to the moment that Harry had told her that their relationship was over, Ginny had had a relationship that went beyond any of her wildest dreams.

Harry had chosen to keep Ginny at arm’s length from him because he feared for her safety. After Dumbledore’s death, she knew that Harry would do just what he did; she had always known that Harry was destined to defeat Voldemort once and for all. Ginny she also knew that the prophecy, which was destroyed during the fight at the Department of Mysteries, said that Harry was the only one who could destroy Voldemort. She had suspected that Harry knew exactly what the prophecy said, and at this moment she knew that her suspicions were correct.

What Harry did not know was that Ginny was not going to just let him dictate the terms of their relationship to her. She had six older brothers, and that was where Harry underestimated her. With six suffocating big brothers around, Ginny had learned to fight for what she wanted at an early age.

With fierce determination in her eyes, Ginny vowed that she would not let Harry go without a fight. The only question was how to fight this battle.




As the sun started to rise over the town of Little Whinging, and its inhabitants began to stir, a sudden popping noise broke the eerie silence in the kitchen of Number Four, Privet drive. The popping noise was made as a bushy-haired woman by the name of Hermione Granger who Apparated into the surgically clean kitchen. Unknown to most of the residents of Little Whinging, and to the horror of the Dursleys, a wizard lived at number four. Hermione visited Harry every day since they had gotten out of school. Unlike the other days that Hermione had come, today would be the last day she would visit Harry here. Today was special.

On this date, seven years ago, Harry James Potter found out that he was a wizard, and not just any wizard: he found out that he was famous. Until his eleventh birthday, Harry had lived the life of a Muggle. Muggles were what wizards called non-magic folk. On Harry’s eleventh birthday, he found out that he was famous because he lived. Harry had survived when no other had. The most evil wizard the world ever known had come to kill Harry Potter. Harry would have died had it not been for his mother sacrificing her self, trying to protect her child; it was her sacrifice that protected him. Her love and her sacrifice had shielded Harry and reflected Voldemort’s killing spell back at him, which destroyed his body. Even though Voldemort had no body, he could not be killed, so he had fled and gone into hiding.

Voldemort and Harry met again at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry during Harry’s first year. With the help of his friends Ron and Hermione, he was able to thwart Voldemort’s plan to regain his body. It wasn’t until the end of Harry’s fourth year at Hogwarts that Voldemort was able to reach his goal. Even though he regained his body he once again failed to kill Harry.

Harry’s fifth year saw Harry, along with the help of Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Neville Longbottom, and Luna Lovegood, foiling Voldemort’s attempt to steal a prophecy pertaining to Harry and Voldemort. This victory came with a high price, a price too high for Harry. His godfather, Sirius Black, was killed in the fight with Voldemort’s Death Eaters.

Harry’s sixth year at Hogwarts came with the knowledge of how Voldemort could be killed, but yet again the side for good lost a valuable member. Harry’s mentor, and the headmaster of Hogwarts, was killed. Serverus Snape, a trusted member of the Order of the Phoenix, had killed Albus Dumbledore. Dumbledore was possibly the greatest wizard to live and the only wizard of whom Voldemort was ever afraid.

The Order was why Hermione was here today. The Order was about to get three new members today even if they did not know it. Today was Harry’s seventeenth birthday, the day that Harry finally comes of age in the Wizarding world.

Seconds after Hermione Apparated into the room, Harry stepped through the kitchen door and asked, “Are you ready?”

Hermione nodded and took Harry’s hand. “Where are we going?’ she asked.

“To the Ministry,” Harry answered and, with a popping noise, they were gone.

An hour later the Dursleys had awoken to find a letter on the kitchen table from Harry.

Dear Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia, and Dudley:

As you know, today I come of age. I am writing to tell you that I never intend to step foot in your home again. I know that we will not miss each other and it is hard for me to admit but that saddens me. All I had ever wanted from you was to be my family. Instead, I was nothing more than a burden to you.
Well that is no longer the case as I have left for good. I do wish to extend to you a promise that if ever you need help all you need to do is ask. If you write a letter and address it to me, my owl Hedwig will come by to deliver it.
I should warn you that Remus Lupin should be arriving at your home sometime this morning. Please direct him to my old room, where he will find a letter that will explain everything. Goodbye and I hope you have a happy life.

Harry Potter


Just as Uncle Vernon finished reading the letter, many popping noises sounded from the living room. Signaling that his family should stay where they were, Vernon entered the room cautiously.

Knowing that this would most likely be the last time he would ever see wizards, Vernon had more confidence than at any other time he had encountered them.

“Which one of you lot is Remus Lupin?” he demanded.

“I am,” said the wizard in the front whose robes were torn and tattered, his face looking only slightly better.

“The boy’s already left. Said he left a letter in his old room. After you are done in his room I want you out of my house, and never come back.”

Lupin was shocked by this news. Recovering quickly he hurried up the stairs to the smallest bedroom, where he found a note sitting on top of Harry’s trunk along with a cage for Harry’s owl, Hedwig.

Taking the note quickly and opening it Lupin read.

Dear Remus:

I am sorry for not telling you ahead of time that I was going to leave on my own. I know you and the Order want to protect me, but I am of age. I know you don’t think so but I do know what I am doing.
I need you and the following members of the Order to meet me at my parent’s home in Godric’s Hollow; Mad Eye Moody, Professor McGonagall, Tonks, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, and the rest of the Weasleys. You should also extend an invitation to Bill’s fiancé] as she has the right to know what her soon-to-be husband will be getting himself into. Once we are all there, I will explain what is happening.

I have enclosed a piece of parchment that gives the address of my parents’ home, as Hermione has helped me hide it from prying eyes. Show this note to no one but those on the list I have given you. Destroy it when you are done.

There is one last request I need to make: will you ensure that you bring my things with you?

Love,

Harry Potter


A/N I hoped you like it Chapter three will be up almost right away. Please let me know what you think. Chapter Three is called The Truth Be Told.