Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Fight for Ginny by Sorn

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
7. Ginny’s Birthday

“GINEVRA MOLLY WEASLEY AND HARRY JAMES POTTER, WHAT IN THE NAME OF MERLIN DO YOU TWO THINK YOU’RE DOING?” Mrs. Weasley screamed, waking the two newly reunited lovebirds. They had talked long in to the night, holding one another until they fell asleep on Ginny’s davenport.

“It’s not what you think, Mum,” said Ginny, recovering from the shock of being woken like this faster than Harry was.

“It looks like the two of you slept there all night,” Molly said, not losing any steam.

“Well, ok then, it is what it looks like, but since when was sleeping a crime?” retorted Ginny.

“YOU DID WHAT?” Fred yelled, as he entered the room charging straight at Harry. George stopped his twin from reaching him. “We owe Harry a chance to explain himself before we kill him,” George said, as they glowered at Harry.

“Mrs. Weasley, Ginny and I were just talking last night and we fell asleep. That’s all that happened,” Harry said. He could not bring himself to call her mum at this moment in time.

“I would not call kissing nothing,” Ginny said, casting him a look. He was not sure but Harry thought she was enjoying herself at the costly expense of his life.

It was George’s turn to go after Harry, but Fred stopped him saying, “I get first crack at him,” as he turned toward him.

It was Mrs. Weasley who stepped to Harry’s aid. She moved between the twins and him ordering them out of the room. They only left after spitting several unveiled threats.

Once the twins were gone, Molly returned her attention to the new couple. “So you two are dating again,” she stated rather than asked. “I caught Ron and Hermione in an even more compromising position last night, and that is why I am going to set some ground rules. I quite simply will not allow some things to go on in my…” But she could not finish what she was about to say. Molly realized that it was in fact not her house, but Harry’s.

What Harry said next made Mrs. Weasley very proud and left Ginny in a state of disbelief. “Mum, I may own this house, but it is yours as well. I promise to abide any reasonable rule you see fit to impose, and any reasonable punishment you want to hand out.”

Harry had just done what no Weasley child ever accomplished; he had stopped a Mrs. Weasley tirade befor it even started.
“Since most of the people are of age in the house, maybe we should sit down together as a family and set the ground rules,” Harry said, breaking the silence.

With Molly’s agreement she went to get the rest of the family to celebrate Ginny’s birthday.

Fred and George spent the morning shooting Harry nasty looks. He thought they were surely waiting for the chance to have a go at him until Ginny took the twins aside for a private conversation. When the twins returned they were very pale.

“Harry, mate, stop by the shop this afternoon. We have some new products that you might want to see. We are giving members of the Order a discount and first crack and our expanded line of defensive magic items,” George said. Fred nodded and they both acted like he was the old Harry who helped them get started.




Later that morning after Molly had put a fair fight trying to keep the kids from going to Diagon Alley, the four of them appeared with a pop in the back of Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes. Molly was very worried about how little protection they were going to have. It was Lupin who calmed her down by explaining that the Ministry had over a hundred wizards and witches from Magical Law Enforcement in the Alley during shopping hours. That did little to help, but when he told her Harry had asked several members of the Order to be nearby, just in case, Molly finally agreed to let them go.

The foursome left the back room and entered the shop’s main floor. “About time you all got here,” said Fred.

Harry told the other three to have a look around because he needed to talk to Fred. After Harry said this, Fred looked at Ginny and paled, but he and Harry once again entered the back room.

About twenty minutes later, Harry emerged and met up with his friends. “Everyone ready to move on?” he asked. With nods of agreement, they headed for the front door. Harry grabbed Ron and held him back, saying, “Here, take this, and you and Hermione disappear until we meet back here later,” Harry said, handing Ron a sack full of gold.

Ron started to protest but Harry cut him off. “Take the money or I will hex you. I want to spend the day with Ginny alone. That isn’t a gift; it is a bribe,” he finished, indicating the sack.

Ron smiled and left the store. Once outside he grabbed Hermione’s hand, saying, “Come on, and let’s pick out a new book for you.”

Ginny put her hand in Harry’s and made to follow, but he stopped her. “We’re not going that way, unless you really want a book?” he smiled.

“Oh, and just where are we going?” She sounded very curious.

“Well, first we could go to Madam Malkin’s. Since the only robes either of us own are school robes, I thought we could get some new ones,” he said, as they started down the street.

Ginny stopped him and she was not smiling. “I don’t have enough money for robes,” she said, her cheeks reddening a little.

“Well then, it is a good thing that no girlfriend of mine is allowed to pay for anything on her birthday,” said Harry with a smile, but the look she was giving him quickly erased it.

“Just because you’re a man doesn’t mean I am not allowed to pay for anything,” she said, her tone dead serious.

Harry’s heart stopped. “I… Well… It’s… Birthday… I didn’t,” he stammered.

The smile that spread across her face did even more to confuse him. “I was only teasing you, silly,” she said, her voice full of laughter.

“Oh.” He forced a laugh that was not at all convincing. Ginny grabbed his hand and led him off. They had a good time at Madam Malkin’s. Harry was sure that Ginny had a better time picking out clothes for him than she did for herself. They each left with three plain black work-robes and four robes that were much nicer but not overly fancy.

The next few shops they went to, he was glad Ron was not around to see him. These shops were the kind that did not cater to the likes of seventeen-year-old boys, and every time Harry stepped out of one, he feared that someone he knew would see him. He felt himself very lucky that he did not see anyone he knew.

Feeling rather hungry the newly reunited couple headed to an upscale restaurant just off Diagon Alley and behind Quality Quidditch Supply. They may have enjoyed the meal if the waiter had not announced Harry’s name to everyone in the restaurant. They skipped pudding preferring to leave the stares and whispers behind.

As they left they saw Neville Longbottom and his grandmother. “Hiya, Harry,” he said, and then he added, “Oh, hi Ginny, I didn’t see you there.”

They both greeted Neville with a smile and Ginny gave him a hug. As she broke the hug, Neville blushed and asked, “So are you two going back to school next term?”

“No,” Harry answered. When they saw the look of disappointment on Neville’s face, they both felt sorry for him. Harry and Neville had never been as close of friends like Ron and Harry, but Harry and always had a fondness for him. His respect for Neville had really grown over the past two years.

Inspiration struck Harry and he said, “Ron, Hermione, Ginny and I are home schooling, and I was wondering if you would be willing to join us instead of returning to Hogwarts. Of course with your permission, Mrs. Longbottom.”

“That would be great,” Neville blurted out. His face quickly went from one of happiness to fear that his gran would say ‘no.’

“We’re doing the same lessons as we would have at school,” Ginny added helpfully.

Mrs. Longbottom looked at Neville. “Well, as all your friends won’t be attending school this year, I guess it won’t hurt for you to home school with them. But I expect you to do well on your N.E.W.T.’s,” she finished with a stern look.

After profusely promising that he would get O’s on all his exams, Neville’s gran turned to Harry and asked, “When should I bring Neville by?”

Harry thought for a second and then said, “Well as soon as possible, since we have started lessons.”

“What?” Neville exclaimed, fear etched on his round face.

To Neville’s relief Harry said, “We are just reviewing last year at this point so Ginny can catch up.”

“Are you going to sit the exams with us Ginny?”

“Maybe, it depends if Professor McGonagall thinks I am ready,” she answered.

“Could you be ready tomorrow?” Harry asked.

“Yeah, no problem,” Neville answered, and then looked at his gran to make sure this was ok.

With a nod from her, Harry said, “Someone will be round to escort you. The house is under heavy protection.”

“I will be ready, Harry,” Neville said, as the two parties parted company.

It was time for the lovebirds to return home, so they set off arm in arm back to the twins’ shop.