Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Fight for Ginny by Sorn

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
9. Hem, Hem no more

Neville slept very little his first night at Potter Manor. He could not believe that less that twenty-four hours ago he was looking forward to being with his friends. Now he would give anything to be with his Gran.

Neville sat up quickly as the door to his room opened. “Who’s there?” he asked.

“It is Dobby, Master Neville,” said the house elf Neville had met last night.

“Dobby is bringing Master Neville some breakfast. Master Harry said you would be up early and that Dobby should wait for you to wake then bring you food. Master Harry also said Dobby is to make sure Master Neville eats something, even if it is but one piece of toast.”

“I’m not hungry,” Neville said.

“Master Harry is saying you would say that, and Master Harry says if Neville was to be joining the Order then Master Neville must eat.” He said this as he sat out the tray of food on the occasional table in the room.

As Neville did not really feel up to arguing that he was not hungry, he sat down and took a piece of toast. Before he knew it, he had put away three eggs, two slices of toast, and four pieces of bacon.

“Master Harry wishes you to join the meeting now,” Dobby said as he started to clean up the meal.

“Meeting? But it is not even six yet,” he replied questioningly.

“Yes, Master Harry says the Order is very busy today and needs to get an early start,” he said, now done cleaning. “Can Dobby get Master anything else?” he added.

“No, thank you, Dobby. Where is the meeting?” he asked as he stood and starched.

“In the kitchen. Dobby can show you if you would wish,” he offered, looking eager the help Neville.

“No thanks,” he responded.




As Neville walked into the kitchen, everyone looked up at him; Harry motioned for him to sit down and then asked Lupin to continue.

“I just don’t see the point in making such an offer to the Malfoys, and I don’t know if we can trust the Ministry in this matter,” Lupin finished.

Harry laughed, “I think those were almost the precise words I used when Hermione first proposed the idea. As she pointed out, without Snape giving us information on the Death Eaters, we have no idea what he is up to.”

“I don’t think he will give up any truthful information,” said Remus, trying to reemphasize his point.

“To be honest, I agree, but I don’t think it’s Lucius we need to talk. If we can get Narcissa…” Harry paused to let it sink in, and then continued. “She has more current information, and may help us find Death Eaters.”

Harry turned back to Lupin. “If the only objection you have is to say that it won’t work, then I say that we should try, or else it will fail for sure.” He and Lupin discussed this very topic last night and the only reason they were covering it again was to provide the rest of the Order a chance to give his or her opinion, or find a true flaw with the plan.

The feedback from Lupin and Hermione had done a great deal to help Harry gain confidence in himself and the plans they had made. It was not Lupin or Hermione who brought up an objection.

“You should know that the Minister is not very happy; he does not like to fact that he is not in complete control,” said Mr. Weasley.

“We are hoping to address that today. Harry and I plan to talk with him before we talk to Malfoy,” said Kingsley.

“Really, and what do you hope talking to him might do? As soon as we do he will have Umbridge and Fudge doing whatever they can to convert him to their way of thinking,” said Mr. Weasley in a tone of disgust.

Harry and many of the others were taken aback at his tone; they had never heard Arthur refer to someone like that.

“Sorry about that,” he said to the surprised faces staring at him. Since Mr. Weasley found out about the Dementors Umbridge had sent after Harry, and then that she was going to use an Unforgivable curse on him, his disdain for her had grown.

“Don’t worry about it, Mr. Weasley,” laughed Harry. He was still having a hard time calling Arthur dad. “I don’t know if we can do anything about the Minister’s counsel.”

A short time later, the meeting ended. Taking Neville and Hermione aside, Harry told him that she would be getting him caught up on everything that was happening. Harry noticed that he seemed hurt that Harry was not the one to do this.

“I would have preferred to explain it all to you myself, but I would not be able to do it today. We will need everyone working together,” Harry reassured him. “But before that happens I need a favor.”




Once again Harry, Ron, and Hermione found themselves standing in the atrium of the Ministry of Magic. This time the Minister expected their arrival. He and five others stood near the lifts that would take them to their destination. With him was Fudge, Umbridge, Kingsley, two witches who were unknown to the trio, and Percy Weasley.

Harry’s stomach was doing some amazing flips and twists as he approached the group. The Minister was the first to speak. “Hello, Mr. Potter. Before we proceed any farther, I demand that you tell me everything you know.”

Harry gave this some thought before he answered, “Well, I guess we wasted our time coming here today.”

Turning to leave he almost smiled when the Minister exploded, “You arrogant little prat! Who the hell do you think you are, dictating terms to me? I am the Minister of Magic! I deserve your respect.”

“Respect? You really think I owe you anything? I have shown your office all the respect it deserves, but as far the respect you deserve, I don’t own you a damn thing. Since you took the office, you have done little more than the ignorant administration before you. That comes with little surprise as you have kept them on as your top advisers. Fudge is too full of his own ego to remove his head form his arse, and that cow is little better then a Death Eater.” Harry was very calm as he pointed at Umbridge.

“I will have you know that Dolores Umbridge is a respected member of the Wizarding community,” the Minister interjected on her behalf.

Just has she and Harry had talked about it was Hermione’s turn to speak. “She would not be very respected if the Wizarding community found out that she sent Dementors to kill an unsuspecting, underage Wizard and a Muggle and then later intended to use the Cruciatus Curse on that same Wizard!”

With a sickeningly sweet smile, Umbridge turn her attentions to Hermione and said, “I think you will find that even if I did these things you accuse me of, you could not prove it.”

Her smile faded quickly as Harry reentered the conversation, “Maybe she can’t, but I can.” He took the pensive out of his robes, along with several small bottles that were filled with a swirling silvery-white substance.

“Memories can be changed,” blurted Umbridge, with a look of panic.

“Yes they can, but with a Pensieve those changes are very easy to spot,” Hermione said as she flashed Umbridge the smile that she gave Ron when he was being particularly thick.

Setting the Pensieve down, Harry poured the first bottle into it and, with a tap, the scene from almost two years ago played out in front of them. It was like sitting in the stands at a Quidditch match and watching every thing going on below. He did the same thing with the next bottle, and then the next, until the memories of himself, Ron, Hermione, and Neville all had shown the same thing from slightly different angles.

Fudge and Umbridge were the only ones who were not shocked at what they saw. The Minister turned to the two unknown witches and ordered them to arrest Umbridge; then he turned on Fudge. “Did you know about this?”

Looking like someone had just popped him, Fudge took a moment to answer, “Not until after Dolores returned from Hogwarts last year.”

“I will have your resignation on my desk within the hour,” and with that he ordered Umbridge to be sent to Azkaban were she would await a trial.

“I’m sorry, Minister, I had no idea that Dolores…” Percy started, but could not finish, as he was interrupted by Ron’s fist. With a cry of pain and a great splash, Percy was found in the atrium’s fountain.

“Are you really so damn thick that you can only think about saving your job?” Ron screamed at him.

Looking very stunned, Percy did not answer. Harry stepped between the two brothers to prevent Ron from attacking him again. “Percy, of all the things you have done wrong in the past two years, none of it compares to what you have done to your mother. It is killing her that you won’t talk to her. Even though you have been the world’s biggest prat, all you would have to do walk up to her and give her a hug and she would forgive you for everything. I think, in time, she might be able to convince the rest of the family to do the same.” Harry looked upon him with pity.

Turning to the Minister once again, Harry said, “Shall we see to Malfoy?”