Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Unplottable Story by Foxy Wolf

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: I would like to thank Potterphile12 (GO BADGERS!) for the amazing BETA-ing. And feel free to R&R, I'm open to constructive critisism.


It was a warm sunny day. Harry was sitting by the lake, and got to thinking about the upcoming exams. He really hoped he would pass the ones he needed to become an Auror.

But then again, it would be a really bad story if the hero didn’t pass, and get to live out his dreams, Harry thought.

He started to make his way up to the common room, so he could study with Ron and Hermione.

“Skid marks.”

The portrait swung open and Harry stepped inside. He saw his two best friends snogging in one of the armchairs by the fire. The two of them had been inseparable since their stay at the hospital wing after the incident at the Ministry of Magic.

“Oi! Mate! Grab a chair and sit down with us,” Ron yelled at Harry after breaking himself loose from Hermione’s lips.

Harry walked towards them, but out of the corner of his eye, he saw the fiery mane that was Ginny Weasley’s hair. He put his hands over her eyes and kissed her on the cheek.

“What are you playing at, Harry?!?” Ginny squealed and jumped up from where she was sitting.

Harry looked at her nonplussed and said, “Pardon? I thought we were dating.”

“No. Not in this story, remember?” Ginny said and went on “I’m with Cho in this one. She came to me when Michael Corner ditched her, because she knew I dated him once. And well... one thing let to another...”

“How was the kiss?” Harry asked excitedly.

“Quite wet,” Ginny answered frankly.

Harry’s eyes glazed over and he thought about going to the bathroom’s privacy, while the picture was still fresh in his memory.

“Harry!” a mysterious voice interrupted his thoughts.

Harry jumped in surprise and started to look around. “Who’s there?” he asked, and thought this was oddly familiar with an incident that occured a few years ago.

“I’m the narrator. And might I say that there might be underaged people reading this!”

“Sorry,” Harry said “But I’m 16 years old. And the thought of two beautiful girls ki..."

“THANK YOU! Typical male. Can we please get on with the story?”

“Yes, all right then.”

Harry turned around and saw a cute girl with long blonde hair and green eyes, like his own. But her hands were at her hips and she looked furious.

“What do you think your doing, kissing Ginny Weasley?” she bellowed. “And don’t use that: ‘I must have mixed up the plotlines’ again!”

“And you are?” Harry asked and measured her with his eyes.

“I’m Laura Murray. You know; the Gryffindor girl in the same year as you, that no one’s ever heard of before now because it fits in with the story” Laura proclaimed.

“Sorry, I just thought...”

“Yeah, I know: ‘plotlines,”Laura said and looked a bit sulky.

Harry gave her a nervous smile, and backed away to get over to Ron and Hermione.

“What was that all about?” Ron asked grinning.

“Apparently, she’s my girlfriend.”

Hermione surpressed a fit of giggles, but put on a serious face and said, “Really Harry, you ought to show a little more compassion.”

“That’s easy for you to say. In these stories you usually end up snogging Ron, and I’m always with hundreds of diffrent girls like what’s-her-face, that you’ve never even heard of before,” Harry said angrily and gave Laura a furtive look across the room.

“I’m just glad we don’t have that kind of problem. Right, sweetums?” Hermione said and started to play with Ron’s fingers.

“Sure thing, pooh-bear,” Ron said, and looked over at Harry.

“What’s with you?”

Harry grimaced. “I just think I threw up a bit in my mouth," he said "And by the way Hermione, I thought you had joined Malfoy on the Dark Side in becoming the next Lord Voldemort as his brainy mistress.”

Ron looked perplexed.

“Or was it having extra lessons with Snape in the late hours, wearing your ‘innocent’ school girl uniform.”

Ron rose from his seat very quickly and looked at his ‘pooh-bear’ with utmost revulsion.

“You what?” his ears were growing more red by the minute.

Hermione’s eyes shot daggers at Harry as she started to explain to sweetums.

“Oh come off it, Ron. You know that’s two completely diffrent plotlines, and well...there are so many stories, it’s hard to keep up.”

But Ron wasn’t listening. He was making his way through the portrait hole.

“Two can play at that game,” he said “I’m going to find Luna.”

Hermione ran after him, and Harry could hear their bickering getting fainter as they went further down the corridors.

Harry started to wonder where this story was going, when all of a sudden there was a loud CRACK, and Fred and George Weasley were standing in front of him.

“How did you two get here?” Harry asked.

“We Apparated,” Fred proclaimed.

Laura felt like it was time for her to be in the story again, and said, “Honestly. Haven’t you read Hogwarts: A History. Might I remind that Hermione has said....”

“Yes thanks. We know,” George interrupted “and might I ask who you are?”

“I’m Laura Murr...”

“That’s my suposed to be girlfriend,” Harry interrupted and looked at a very huffy Laura, who turned on her heel and stormed up towards the girls’ dormitory.

“I thought you were with that exchange student from America, even though this school has never had exchange students that we’ve heard of,” Fred said grinningly.

“Yeah, I really can’t keep track of this anymore. Anyway, how come you two can Apparate in here?” Harry asked.

“Well this is fanfiction,” George said, “so we thought we could bend the rules a bit.”

“I would appreciate if you two didn’t interfere in my story” the narrator interrupted again.

“Hey lady, we have every right to be here,” Fred proclaimed.

“All right but please don’t change the rules. It’s making it hard for the story to make sense.”

“You think this story makes sense....?” George asked “Well we’ll do our best.”

“So, what did you two want?” Harry asked.

“Nothing really. We just thought it would fill out nicely in the story,” Fred answered.

“And we wanted to see if it was one of those stories, where you were getting it on with Malfoy.”

George continued and tried not to laugh. The twins looked at each other, and just before they Disappareted with a loud CRACK, they burst out laughing.

Harry started to become really annoyed with how lame this story was, and the thought of him and Malfoy was just sickening. He decided to go for a walk and see if he at least could get ready for the next plotline, he was sure to be thrown into. Suddenly he heard girls giggling.

Two, by the sound of it.

He walked passed the statue of the one-eyed witch and saw Ginny and Cho standing very close to each other.

“Hi Harry,” Cho said as her cheeks started to blush pink.

Harry was a bit embarrassed and didn’t know what to do. He thought about going back outside, when he saw Ginny standing in the doorway of an empty classroom. She winked at him and walked inside. Harry tried to swallow, but his mouth was extremely dry. Cho followed Ginny inside and waved at Harry to follow them. And so he did.

And you can all guess what they did in there....






They played Exploding Snap.