Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Your Eyes: The Beginning by GryffindorsHeir

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Sorry for this one being so short.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
“Hermione, no, I have to tell you-”

“Tell me what?” Hermione was in a state of disbelief.

‘I can’t want anything, can I? One thing can fix itself, and then something else has to go wrong! Why?’ Tears were forming anew in Hermione’s eyes.

“You’re a Death Eater!? You are a Death Eater, and I’m an idiot!”

Draco could only stare. He had to get her to listen to him, but he didn’t think that he had a very good chance at succeeding.

“Hermione-”

“No, you keep your mouth shut!” Thinking quickly, and taking advantage of his weakened state, Hermione searched Draco’s robes. Draco could hardly move as it was, due to the torture he had undergone, so he could do nothing to stop her from finding his wand, and throwing it across the room.

“Hermione, I need to talk to you.” He tried to sit himself up on the bed, but Hermione moved her wand even closer to his face, causing him to lie back down.

“Move, and I will curse you and go and get Professor Dumbledore,” she said. Though she was visibly shaking all over, her steady wand hand was enough to convince Draco that she would carry out her threat.

“How…how long have you been a Death Eater?” she asked shakily, but still steadily holding her wand, which she now had pointed directly at Draco’s heart.

Draco didn’t know what to do. He had backed himself into a corner. He didn’t want to lie to Hermione, but at the same time, the Dark Lord would kill them both if he admitted the truth.

“Hermione, I -” but again he was interrupted.

“No, answer my question! How long?”

He hesitated before answering, and then let out a breath, “Since this past summer. But Hermione, you have to listen to me,” he pleaded.

“Ha! Of course I do, so you can feed me some other lie, just to further whatever plans Voldemort has you following.”

“No, you have to listen.”

“No, I do not! You have to listen to me Malfoy,” she spat with all the hatred she could muster. “You will answer my questions, and that is all.” She was finished having the wool pulled over her eyes, she was going to get answers.

“Now, tell me what Voldemort planned for you to do.”

‘Not for me to fall in love with a mudblood,’ Draco thought.

“Look, Hermione -”

“Answer the question!” she said more forcefully, gesturing with her wand slightly to make sure he got the point.

‘She knows now, and everything is messed up anyway... There is nothing left to do, I have to tell her. At least I will have been honest with her one last time, because it doesn’t look like she will be around after this.’

Draco sighed, leaned back onto the pillow, and closed his eyes. When he spoke, he spoke slowly and almost in a whisper.

“The Dark Lord,” he paused for a second, still keeping his eyes shut; he didn’t want to look into her eyes. “He…he gave me orders to kill…to kill Professor Dumbledore.”

After what seemed like ages, he dared to open his eyes and look at Hermione. Her face was ghostly pale, and her eyes flashed a mixture of fury, anger, fright, shock, and tears.

‘I have to tell her everything.’

“Hermione, I’m not done. I have to -”

“No,” Hermione interrupted, but in a very small voice. She stood there with her wand pointed at Draco for a few more seconds, not saying anything, just staring into his eyes.

“You are done. That is all I need to know.”

“No, Hermione, please listen to me!” a single tear rolled down Draco’s cheek, as he pleaded for Hermione to listen.

Hermione shook her head.

“I am finished listening to you Malfoy. Whatever I thought about you, or about anything else, isn’t and was never true.”

“No-”

“I am going to restrain you, and go and get Professor Dumbledore. He will decide what to do with you.”

More tears began to fall from Draco’s eyes.

‘She isn’t going to listen to me.’

“Please, Hermione.”

‘He looks so sad, and there is something in his eyes, I can’t…no! He is a Death Eater! This is just him trying to get the better of me.’

Petrificus Totalus,” Hermione said aiming the spell at Draco.

His body instantly became immobile; all he could do was stare back at Hermione’s slightly trembling form.

He begged and pleaded with his eyes for her not to go; for her to change her mind and hear him out.

“I am going to get Professor Dumbledore,” she said, and before she turned and left the room, Draco noticed one small tear slide down the side of her face.

Hermione left the room of requirement, and as soon as the door had vanished behind, her she fell to the floor crying.

‘Why does everything have to go so wrong?’

She continued to cry as she sat there on the floor. She had been hurt and lied to. There was only one thing to do now; go get Professor Dumbledore, tell him what she had found out, and take Draco out of her life…forever.