Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Your Eyes: The Beginning by GryffindorsHeir

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: again, a bit short but i promise the chapters get more interesting. i hope you like this one anyway! let me know what you think guys!



“Where the blazes is Hermione?” Ron asked, checking his watch. It was almost midnight, and Hermione had not returned from patrolling.

Harry reflexively checked his watch. Like Ron, he was starting to get a little worried. He always waited up for Hermione, but this was the latest he’s ever had to wait. Harry was about to suggest that they go and look for her, when the portrait hole swung open.

“Hermione, where have y- What happened!?”

Both he and Ron ran over to her with concerned looks on their faces. Hermione was very pale, and her cheeks were stained with tears. She looked at them for a few seconds with blank eyes, then said,

“Professor Dumbledore wants to see the three of us right now.”

“What?” Ron asked. “Why does he want to see us now? It’s almost midnight! Hermione, tell us what happened.”

“It has something to do with Malfoy, hasn’t it.” Harry didn’t ask, but stated an obvious truth.

Hermione merely nodded to his statement.

“Alright then, come on. Let’s go.” Harry led the way out of the portrait hole while Ron and Hermione followed. As he was about to go down the corridor leading to Dumbledore’s office, Hermione stopped him.

“No, he’s not in his office.”

Harry looked at her. “Then where is he?”

“The room of requirement.”

“What is he doing in there?”

But Hermione didn’t answer; she just led the way down the corridor that would take her back to the room. She felt as though her world were unraveling.

‘The one guy on earth I pick to fall in love with, is a Death Eater.’ Hot tears began to roll down her face again, and she quickened her pace to make sure neither Harry nor Ron saw them.

They stopped in front of the apparently solid wall, and waited while Hermione walked past it three times in order to make the magically concealed door appear. She stood still in front of it for a few seconds; as if taking her last chance to run in the opposite direction.

“Hermione?” Ron asked nervously.

“Wha- oh nothing, I’m fine Ron.”

She reached out her hand, turned the knob on the door and the three of them walked into the room; the door concealing itself once again.

*~*~*~*~

They sat there silently after she left. Dumbledore had conjured a chair for himself, and was seated in it and staring around the room as if fascinated with its contents. Draco could cut the silence with a knife. He knew why Dumbledore had sent for the wonder team; to tell them all about the recent events. There was however, another reason, and that was to give him the chance to tell him whatever he wanted said before he was surrounded by people who wouldn’t want to hear him out.

‘Look Professor, I’m really sorry about the Dark Mark, I’ll try not to do anything like that again. But, if you would please protect me from the Dark Lord, I’d really appreciate it…Oh that sounds so bloody stupid! But how am I supposed to tell him-’ his thoughts were interrupted.

“Draco,” said Dumbledore in his characteristically calm voice. “I can’t help but notice that you have a lot on your mind.”

“I do sir.”

“Well, no one is around except for me, so why not share.”

Draco looked down at his wand that was resting in his hands. He knew what he had to do, but was having a hard time getting started.

“Did you want to take the mark?” Dumbledore asked quietly.

“NO!” Draco burst out, without watching his tone. “I didn’t, I didn’t want it. But my father and my mother were there, and the Dark Lord would have killed all of us if I didn’t take it.”

“I see. Why then, did you not come to me the moment you returned to school? I can help you Draco.”

“How? How can you possibly help me? Especially now! He will know that I have betrayed him and he will kill me, my parents, and,” Draco stopped. He didn’t want to say it.

“And Hermione,” Dumbledore finished for him.

He looked up into Dumbledore’s face. There was a pained expression there that he had never seen directed at him from anyone. It was full of concern and sorrow.

“Yes, he will, and you have to protect her. She, she won’t listen to me if I tell her what I told you. None of them will; they won’t believe that Draco Malfoy son of Death Eaters became one, but really didn’t want to do it in the first place.”

“You don’t know that,” said Dumbledore. “Ms. Granger cares a great deal for you, and I am sure she would listen.”

“Ha! She won’t, and with all due respect sir, you know she won’t. But she will if you tell her.” Draco looked at Dumbledore pleadingly.

“Alas! That I cannot do. That Draco, is something you must tell her yourself.”

There was a few moments silence where neither of them spoke. Draco knew that Dumbledore was right; he would have to tell all of them what he had just said to Dumbledore. He was wishing that Voldemort had finished him off, when Dumbledore spoke.

“You know Mr. Malfoy, it is very strange, given your actions for quite sometime, that you are at all concerned about Ms. Granger’s well being. I was under the impression that you two highly disliked each other.”

“I don’t dislike her,” Draco said in a whisper as he looked down at his wand again. “I-”

Draco looked up as the trio entered the room; the door making a clicking sound as it closed behind them.