Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Your Eyes: The Beginning by GryffindorsHeir

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
DISCLAIMER: I am not the literary master mind known as J.K. Rowling and therefore do not own any of these characters.

*~*~*~*~

That night it was extremely hard for Hermione Granger to sleep. She kept waking up throughout the night; the only thing she remembered from her dream was a pair of electric blue eyes. His eyes…

The next morning, being Saturday, Hermione woke up feeling her lack of sleep in the form of very heavy eyes and a slight headache. She took her time getting dressed then headed down into the common room to find Harry and Ron.

As expected they were the last people there, loyally waiting for her before going down to breakfast. Their expressions changed however when they saw her face.

“What happened, Hermione?” Ron asked. “You went to bed early! Didn’t you get any sleep last night?”

“No, I couldn’t sleep very well last night. I kept having this weird dream but its no big deal.”

Hermione decided that she was not going to tell them that every time she had woken up she was left with the picture of Draco’s blue eyes in front of her.

“Shall we go down to breakfast then?” She asked. Ron nodded and headed towards the portrait hole.

“You go on Ron,” said Harry. “We’ll catch you up, I have to ask Hermione something.” Ron looked confused but shrugged and exited the common room, leaving Hermione alone with Harry.

‘Great!’ she thought. ‘If Harry asks…I can’t lie to one of my best friends…

“What is going on Hermione? I know it has something to do with Malfoy.” As he said this, he sat down in one of the armchairs by the fire and just looked at her expectantly.

“I…nothings wrong.” She lied.

“Yeah right,” he said. “That’s why you have been completely zoning out in potions and staring at the Slytherin table at every meal, and,” he added “that is why you go ghost white and suddenly change your attention to something else whenever Malfoy makes eye contact with you.” He just sat there and let her soak what he said in. She thought she saw a slight gleam of triumph in his eyes.

‘Oh hell, How could I have been so obvious without knowing it?’

“No, Harry it’s just…I’ve been tired that’s all. N.E.W.T. level and everything, that’s all.” She couldn’t believe she was lying to him.

“Listen Hermione,” he was serious now. “I don’t know why you would but if you like Malfoy, I would like it if you told me.”

She was shocked at both realizing what he said was true ‘Damn it!’ and that he didn’t look disgusted or angry with her in the slightest.

She thought for a minute then burst into tears.

“Oh Harry! I don’t know what’s wrong with me! He’s never been kind to any of us, but for some reason that doesn’t matter to me anymore!” Sobbing she sat with her head in her hands in the arm chair across from him.

Harry had thought that he had guessed correctly. He moved over to the chair next to Hermione and put a loving arm around her. He really didn’t like the idea of Hermione fancying Draco Malfoy, but he also didn’t like to see his friend like this.

“Look Hermione,” he began; she stopped sobbing but didn’t look up. “I don’t like him, I probably never will,” tears began to form a new in Hermione’s eyes but she still kept her face in her hands. “But, if you like him then I will try to stand him a bit more.”

Now she looked up, was he saying what she thought he was saying?

“Yeah, well thanks Harry,” she said in a shaky voice. “But he will never notice me like that. He hates all of us, and plus I’m a mudblood.” Tears started to fall again as she said this last word.

“Looks like we will just have to get him to notice you then, won’t we?” He smiled at the look on her face.

Harry was offering to help her gain Draco’s affections! She could not believe any of this but was so elated that she now had someone to confide in.

“Oh! But you can’t tell Ron! You know that he has always fancied me, even though he’s with Lavender, he’d have a heart attack at the thought that instead of him I choose Draco.” Hermione was so worried that she started to cry again.

“I won’t. But we better get down to breakfast before Ron starts to become too suspicious.”

Hermione nodded, dried her eyes, and they made their way down to the great hall.

*~*~*~*~

He hadn’t slept at all, and knew that it showed on his face. All he could remember from those dreams were her eyes. Her beautiful brown…

’NO!’ he thought ‘I can’t let these thoughts enter my mind! She is a mudblood, and I am pure. It won’t work. Plus I already have Pansy so what am I looking at Hermione for anyway?’

At the same time he realized that he had used her name, he also knew why he would want her over Pansy. Where pansy was bigger and a slight more man-ish, Hermione was small and feminine. She was much more physically appealing than Pansy was, no question…

With a vigorous shake of the head, he cleared his mind of these thoughts and headed up to the great hall for a late breakfast.

Just as he came up from a passage way off the entrance to the great hall, he ran right into Hermione and Harry on their way down the stairs. All three of them stood staring. He noticed Harry had an odd look on his face. Then he looked to Hermione and noticed that she had been crying. All of a sudden he felt angry, but realized that in light of the relationship between the three of them he could not voice his concern.

‘I must keep her from noticing.’

“Watch where you are going Granger! That’s the second time you’ve dirtied my robes with your mudblood filth!” Harry looked like he wanted to bash his face in and Hermione merely went pale.

“I’m sorry Draco.” She said, barely above a whisper.

Then she and Harry left him standing there shocked. She had used his name. There was no venom in her voice at all. He had to be imagining it, or he could swear that…

Clearing his mind again, he entered the great hall.


*~*~*~*~

Please review guys! this is my first fan fic attempt!! thanx! i have more chapters coming!!