Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Forever Yours by harry_potter_star

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 18 - Discussions on the train “Jada!” Lily cried, and the two girls ran to greet each other. “What is going on?” Lily demanded, unable to help being blunt. “Oh, I’m so sorry Lily! I thought my letter would help you not to worry!” Jada apologized, wringing her hands. “Not to worry? Not to worry? I had no idea anything was wrong until that letter!” Lily cried in disbelief. “Oh. Well, it was all over the papers, and- JAMES!” Jada screamed suddenly, causing Lily to jump. James came towards Jada and Lily, and Lily heard her parents draw in breaths when they saw him. Lily didn’t blame them, James looked worse than Lily had ever seen him. He had huge bags under his eyes; he had clearly not had much sleep. His messy black hair was messier than ever, and it was obvious he hadn’t even made the slightest attempt at taming it. “Are… are you OK James?” Jada questioned, and it was clear she had noticed the drastic change in James’s appearance as well. “Yes, I’m fine,” James forced a smile, which turned more sincere when he saw Lily. “What happened? No one has told me yet!” Lily cried out in frustration. James looked bewildered. “Hasn’t Jada told you yet?” he asked incredulously. “No James, you know we can’t write stuff like that in letters!” Jada scolded him. “Well, do you want to tell her, or should I?” James asked, giving a dirty look to Petunia who was standing beside Lily. “You can tell both of us James; no one apart from you or Sirius seems to know what’s going on around here!” Jada complained, folding her arms. James nodded. “Well, Sirius came over my house, we went outside when we weren’t supposed to, and Dementors showed up and tried to kill us. We would have been worse than dead if it weren’t for my parents showing up just in time. Jada looked enthralled, but Lily simply looked confused. “What are Dementors?” she asked. James looked thrilled, and Lily realized he was hoping she would ask that question. “My parents told me all about it after we were attacked,” James began in a low, storytelling voice. “Dementors are these awful creatures who guard Azkaban, you know, the Wizard’s prison. They suck happiness out of you, and if they can get close enough, they suck your soul out through. Your. Mouth!” he finished with relish. Lily stepped backwards, her face wrinkling up in horror, and Petunia was listening with interest. “What happens then, do you die?” Lily demanded curiously. “You’re worse than dead, you’re still alive, but only existing. You would be better off dead,” James informed her earnestly. “We’d better get on the train!” Jada noted, glancing up at the bustling crowd. “You can tell us exactly what happened when we get on.”
The compartment was incredibly cramped; Remus, Sirius, Peter, James, Roxanna, Lily, Thaliana and Jada were all crammed in, eager to hear James and Sirius’s story. James and Sirius told the tale, each adding their own gory details, James’s version including a high pitched cackling in the background that Sirius hadn’t heard, and was sure James had made up. Once they had finished, everyone sat in a shocked silence. Lily suddenly knew why James looked so bad; he and Todd had gotten along very well. The door burst open, and an 11-year-old girl burst into the compartment. She had brown eyes and long strawberry blond hair that she wore in a ponytail. “Thali,” she began, panting. “How long- oh, Thali, you’re hanging around with boys. Mum says you’re not allowed to do that,” the girl said with a superior smile. “Crystal, it’s none of your business who I hang around with… and don’t you dare tell Mum,” Thaliana warned through clenched teeth. Lily realized that it must be Thaliana’s little sister. Crystal broke into a smile. “Oh don’t get worked up, you know I would never tell her,” she laughed. “Besides, it’s a stupid rule! I’ve already got two new guy friends; this place is packed with them!” Thaliana laughed. “So, what were you going to ask?” she questioned. Crystal shrugged. “I forget. Oh!” she exclaimed, noticing James and Sirius. “Those are the Dementor boys aren’t they? Wow, you two are so lucky! You are famous! Which one of you is it that Callie went out with?” Thaliana’s eyes widened suddenly. “The one with glasses, thanks for visiting, now you can go,” she urged in a voice that verged on panic for a reason Lily couldn’t decipher. Crystal looked like she had no intention of moving. “Then, that means that you are Sirius,” she guessed slowly, pointing towards Sirius. Sirius nodded, looking happy at being recognized. “Then, you’re Remus?” Crystal guessed with a sly smile, pointing at Remus, who nodded, glancing at her finger warily. “Thali used to like you!” she sang joyfully, clapping her hands like a small child. Remus looked pleased, and he sat up a little straighter in his chair. “Did you really?” he asked interestedly, looking at Thaliana. “No!” Thaliana cried, looking mortified. “Yes you did, don’t lie! But you stopped because his hair grew too long, and you said his nose was crooked, and-” “GET OUT!” Thaliana roared, lunging at her sister and shoving her out of the compartment. Crystal let out a scream of protest, and shouted threats at her sister that continued long after the door was slammed in her face. “Is my nose crooked?” asked Remus, sounding hurt, and touching it gingerly. “No, of course it isn’t,” Jada comforted him, looking at Thaliana funnily. Thaliana turned a brilliant scarlet, slouched in her seat, and she didn’t say a word for the rest of the trip.
*
Lily looked up the long table that the members of the staff sat at. She was very happy to be back at Hogwarts; she had grown quite attached to it lately. Scanning the teachers, she was surprised to see that Professor Vaughn, who had been the newest DADA teacher, had already been replaced by a short, thin woman with long blond ringlets that she allowed to fall about her face. She wore heavy make-up, she looked barely 21, and many of the older boys were gaping at her stupidly. Lily rolled her eyes, especially after seeing that James and Sirius were included in that number. At least Robert wasn’t- wait. “Robert!” she exclaimed indignantly. On her right, Robert jumped guiltily. “What? I’m allowed to look!” Lily narrowed her eyes at him, and he hastily added, “But you are much prettier than her Lily, I’m surprised anyone has even noticed her after you walked in, and-” “Save it Robert; you’re babbling,” Lily ordered, but she was smiling, obviously amused.
The first lesson of the year was Divination. The Divination teacher, Professor Madera, was a pretty, black woman with long, sleek, jet-black hair that rivalled even James’s. She wore purple velvet robes and about 20 gold and silver bangles on each wrist that caused her to jingle every time she moved. “Aaah, welcome class,” she breathed. Lily and Thaliana exchanged a “look”. “Now, Divination is a precise and serious art form,” she informed them. “It is such an ancient practice that even several Muggles have the ability to See. Of course, the Muggle versions are not nearly as precise. Allow me to demonstrate.” Professor Madera scanned the classroom, surveying each child carefully. “YOU!” she exclaimed suddenly, causing several kids to jump. Lily realized she was talking to her. “Me?” she asked, not quite grasping what the teacher expected her to do. “Come up here,” ordered Professor Madera. Lily nervously walked up to the front of the classroom. Lily could feel all eyes on her as Professor Madera grabbed her hand and began to study it closely. She glanced, embarrassed, at Jada, who was covering her mouth in an attempt to cover a laugh. Professor Madera drew back and smiled humorously. “According to a Muggle, this girl will face a hard and dangerous life, and she will die young. She will find an unexpected love that will be as strong as possible, but it will end not too long after starting.” Lily looked at her, horrified. “Of course, that’s all a load of rot,” Professor Madera comforted her. “That is simply a very broken and weak version of Divination. Believe me when I say, my dear, that you will live to be well over a hundred.” Lily gave her a wry smile and went back to her seat. As she passed him, James mimicked Professor Madera in exaggerated movements, waving his arms around mystically, and Lily stifled a giggle. So, James was still flirting with her. Boys.

How long do you think Lily and Robert will stay together, and how will they break up?? Thats the challenge! enjoy!!