Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Forever Yours by harry_potter_star

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 3 - Discoveries

Disclaimer - I don't own anything Harry Potter. End Of story.


Lily lay in bed, fidgeting. All that she could think about was James Potter.




She knew that he would be asleep in his bed. She pictured him, lying still, with his hair falling into his face, and a thin beam of moonlight from the open window casting a soft glow over his perfect features…




She knew that there was really no point in thinking about him like this, as Calista had made it very clear of her attraction to James.




I have absolutely no chance against her, thought Lily, miserably.




She’s pretty, and charming, and funny, and flirtatious, and outgoing…. unlike me.




Still, no matter how hard she thought this, she couldn’t rid her thoughts of his beautiful hazel eyes.








The rest of the week was hectic, and the classes really did seem to fly by. Lily adored being able to do magic, and was pleased to find that she had quite a talent at it.




She particularly liked Charms, and, when asked, she succeeded in levitating a feather.




Right after she levitated Jada onto a nearby bookshelf.




That had been the high point of the first day to everyone but Jada, who had promptly toppled down off the bookcase and onto James, knocking him to the ground.




In potions, the potions master, Professor Slughorn had taken quite a liking to her.




He was a fat, jolly man who reminded Lily of a younger version of Santa Clause. Lily thoroughly enjoyed her lessons with him.




She managed to create a potion perfectly to instruction, and finished first, closely followed by James and Sirius, neither of whom looked at all pleased at being beaten by a girl.




James was incredibly enthusiastic when it came to Defence Against the Dark Arts, and he was called up to the front to demonstrate spells more than once that week.




Easily the most enjoyable part of the days, were in the late afternoon, where they all liked to sit in the Gryffindor Common room and talk.





Thaliana always had a lot to say about Calista and James, and Lily was only too interested in listening.




“She’s crazy over him, you guys,’ Thaliana was saying to Jada, Lily and Roxanna one of those afternoons.




Jada glanced over at Lily. Jada had a strange knack of noticing things about people that most people wouldn’t. .Jada already knew that Lily liked James, though Lily hadn’t told anyone.






Well, as long as Jada knows, I might as well tell the rest of them, thought Lily.




She opened her mouth to speak, but Thaliana got there first. “And Robert Goldstein likes Lily,” she declared, proudly.




Lily blushed, pleased. “Really? How do you know?” she asked.




“It’s just obvious!” Thaliana announced. “Oh, Lily, won’t it be cute? You and Robert, and James and Calista can go double dating together! It’s completely obvious that James likes Calista, I’m surprised you hadn’t noticed Lily. A lot of the time you’re right next to Calista When James goes gaga eyes at her, it’s hard to miss!’



Thaliana somehow managed to blurt out this entire thing in one breath, and was gasping for air by the end of it.




Lily lowered her eyes to the floor. “Yeah, great, Calista is really lucky,” she mumbled.




Jada stood up. “Come on Lily, I need to show you something,'” she said firmly, and Lily followed her upstairs.






Upstairs, Jada and Lily sat on Jada’s bed. “What did you want to show me?” inquired Lily, curiously.



“Nothing, I just want to talk to you in private, but if the others knew that they’d just follow,” explained Jada, shrugging.




“Well, what about?” asked Lily.




“James,” declared Jada, firmly.




“W-what about him?” asked Lily, innocently.




“I know you like him, don’t deny it, and I’ll tell you this now, He doesn’t like Calista!”




“Are you sure?” pressed Lily, hopefully.




“Definitely,’ said Jada. “ I’ve known James my whole life, and I’d know if he liked Calista. Thaliana’s just imagining things.”




Lily smiled, relieved. “Thanks, Jay,” she said.



*




It was the first Saturday of the school term, and the weather was beautiful. Everyone in the castle seemed to be outside, and Lily couldn’t blame them; the weather really was too perfect to spend the day inside.




Lily and her friends sat under a tree by the lake, talking. One of Calista’s friends from Slytherin had joined them, Mabel.




Mabel had unruly, thick black hair that looked as if it had never been brushed, and cold, black eyes.




Mabel always wore a scowl, and Lily had rarely seen her smile.




In fact, the only time Mabel ever seemed to smile was when she was doing the thing that she loved the most; gossiping about various girls behind their backs.




Lily didn’t see the point in this; she really wasn’t interested in the fact that Jacqui McKinnon had had her first kiss with Christopher Talon, nor was she interested in exactly how April Kilner had lost her right ear in a duel with Ursula Madden.




Lily allowed her gaze to wander over to James and his friends, as they played boisterously in the sun.




James’s messy black hair caught the sunlight as he ran, Lily noticed, making it look like it had strands of pure gold woven into it.




Lily laughed at herself; she was beginning to sound hopelessly soppy. After all, James was just another boy that she had a crush on, right?




She turned back to her friends, who had stared a new, slightly more interesting topic; ‘Who is the cutest out of the Changelings?’ (The newest Wizard boy-band)




“It’s definitely Rod,” Roxanna was insisting.




Thaliana looked outraged. “Rod? He looks like he got run over by a truck and rolled in undiluted bubotuber pus. Kennard, on the other hand…”




“Smile, ladies,” said a voice. Lily looked up to see James holding up a camera. “James, don’t you dare…” she started to say, but it was too late, James had already taken the picture.




The girls ran up eagerly to see how the picture had turned out.




Lily was in the middle of the other girls, mouthing something furiously into the camera. Jada was on Lily’s right, with her hands behind her back, and she was smiling shyly.




Calista was grinning flirtatiously at the camera and batting her eyelids next to Mabel, who was scowling darkly.




Thaliana was laughing and looking at Roxanna, who had jumped up behind them and stretched her arms to the sky in a ‘look at me’ pose.




“Burn it Potter, or face the consequences,” said Lily. “I look absolutely…”




“Beautiful,” said James. “Lily, you look fine, and I’m not throwing this out or burning it. I’m keeping it as a memory of our first week at Hogwarts, and if you do anything to it you’ll have to, let me see, ‘face the consequences,’ ” James mimicked Lily.




Lily blushed. James had called her beautiful! James!




Calista looked furious. “Do I look beautiful, James?” she asked, shamelessly. James didn’t answer her though; he was far too busy grinning at Lily.




*





Calista leaned against the tree, scowling. Lily stood up, face to face with her. “Calista, is anything the matter?” she asked, cautiously.




Calista glared at Lily. “Oh no, nothings the matter, only that one of my best friends was just flirting with the guy I love.” She snapped.




Lily looked at her, shocked. “What do you…’




“You know perfectly well what I mean, and you should give it up now, it’s not working. James is never going to like you Lily. You’re boring, thick, and let’s face it Lily; you’re just not pretty enough.’




“Calista!” scolded Thaliana, shocked.




“You know what Calista?” asked Lily, her voice dangerously low. “You really are just like Petunia. You let jealousy get away with you, you are a spoilt little brat, and you can’t face the fact that James is not impressed by a snotty, rude little bitch like you.”



_____________________________________________________________________





James looked curiously towards where Lily and her friends had been sitting. Lily and Calista were facing each other, a venomous glare on both of their faces.




Thaliana and Roxanna had both jumped up, and Jada looked murderous, a very unusual thing for his cousin.




Lily shouted something that James couldn’t quit make out, and Calista stared at her for a minute. Then, she lashed out and punched Lily right in the face.




Lily went sprawling backwards, and before she had a chance to get up, Calista had pulled out her wand.




Quick as lightning, James whipped out his own wand, and shouted “EXPELLIARMUS!”




Calista’s wand flew out of her hands, and landed a few feet away.




Remus and Sirius were now at James’s side, and Peter was nowhere to be seen.




Jada had run over to Lily, whose face was now covered in blood.




Mabel glared at James, and pulled out her own wand.




“Stupefy!” she cried. James tried to dodge the curse, but then saw black.

*





James opened his eyes, sleepily. “James, finally, we thought you’d never wake up!” said a voice. James reached out to get his glasses from a nearby table, and the scene in front of him came into focus.




James was in the Hospital Wing. The two beds next to him were occupied by Lily and Remus, both of whom looked a little abashed, but overall fine.




Their beds, along with James’s, were surrounded by Sirius, Peter, Jada, Thaliana and Roxanna.




“What happened?” asked James, confused.




“What, after you were knocked out, or before?” asked Sirius, grinning.




“After, you dolt.” Said James, who was now grinning as well.




“Well…there was a lot of fighting, a lot of spells, a lot of blood, a lot of screams, and you were hit three times by spells we don’t know of, and you turned a lovely shade of purple. Then Professor McGonagall came with Peter, and gave everyone but you detention,” Sirius told him, pleasantly.




“Oh, thanks for that… detailed explanation, Sirius,” said James, grinning wryly.




“Anytime.”



“Lily, you absolutely exploded at Calista, I’ve never seen you like that before,” remarked Jada.




Lily smiled. “Well, Jay, considering you’ve only known me for a week, that’s not saying much.”




“You know what I mean…”




“What was the fight about?” asked James, curiously. The girls looked instantly awkward.




“Well, you know… things,” said Lily, blushing.




James had a strong feeling that there was something that she didn’t want him to know.




I really hope that you liked it, please let me know about anything that I'm doing wrong, am I cramming too much into one Chapter? Do my characters seem unrealistic? Is my story all around bad? (Don't think that I am an all-around negative person, because I'm not, I would just like to know what I can do better) Thanks for reading, and a special thanks if you take the time to review.