Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Forever Yours by harry_potter_star

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Four - Late Night Explorations

Disclaimer- I don't own anything Harry Potter. The End. Exciting hey? About as exciting as a disclaimer can get.


On the 31st of October, the girls woke up with a feeling of anticipation. On arriving at the Great Hall, they saw that it had been decorated beautifully for Halloween.




Floating, carved pumpkins were scattered throughout the room, and the ghosts seemed to have taken it upon themselves to swoop down on any unsuspecting first year and fly through them.




Moving skeletons, fake ones, (Lily hoped) were wandering around the tables, and occasionally falling to bits, leaving scattered bones littering the floor.



Roxanna seemed to appreciate it more than the rest of Lily’s friends, as she had come from a Muggle family as well, and wasn’t used to such a display for a holiday.




Thaliana had adorned her hair with miniature bats to celebrate the occasion, and to Lily they looked almost... too realistic.




“Thali… are those real bats?” asked Lily, disgusted.




Thaliana nodded enthusiastically. "They’re quite tame, though. You needn’t worry about them," she consoled Lily, who had not-so-subtly moved several feet away from her friend.





The owl post, when it came, brought some bad news for Jada and James. “Aunt Bay was killed last night,” said James, bluntly, passing the note to Jada.




“Who?” asked Jada, sounding confused?




“You know, the one who joined Voldemort last year?” asked James.




Jada started. “Don’t say his name, James.’




James looked guilty. “Sorry, I forgot,” he apologised.




“Why can’t you say his name?” asked Lily.




Jada looked stumped. “Um, I don’t know actually, we’re just not supposed to,” she said.




“Well, I think it serves her right,” snarled James coldly.


“Don’t let my mum hear you say that,” said Sirius. “She reckons that anyone who joins Voldemort ought to be congratulated.”




“Where’s Remus?” inquired Jada, suddenly.




“He had to visit a dying aunt or something,” said Sirius, offhandedly.




“That’s terrible!” exclaimed Jada.




“Yeah…” mumbled Sirius vaguely. “ For some reason he didn’t seem too upset though. He mustn’t have known her well."




*





It was the first Qudditch match of the year, and Lily was excited. She had always been interested in flying, ever since her first lesson.




The game had begun. It was Gryffindor versus Ravenclaw, and Lily was sitting on James’s left. James was on the edge of his seat, as he adored Quidditch.




The commentator was a pretty fifth year girl called Chantal, who didn’t seem at all interested in the match.




“Aubrey passes to Clifton,’ she started. “And I do love Rachel Clifton’s hairstyle today, it’s very stylish, and it shows off her bone structure incre-“




“The match, please Chantal,” reminded professor McGonagall, irritably.




“Right, Professor. Anyway, Clifton passes to Robins, but the Quaffle is intercepted by Chang. Chang passes to Toll. Toll drops the Quaffle. Blundering idiot, I really don’t know why I ever went out with him Sorry Professor. Oh look, Ravenclaw score. Again. And a Bludger goes full pelt towards the Gryffindor seeker, and- WHOAH!!”




The Gryffindor seeker had stopped right in front of Lily and James, and moved out of the way of a Bludger at the last minute.




James grabbed Lily quickly by the shoulders and pulled her out of the way, and the bludger zoomed into where Lily was just sitting, making a hole in the back of her seat.




“And the Bludger almost kills two eleven-year-olds. The two of them make a fantastic couple if you ask me…So, Chang gains possession of the Quaffle again, and all that flying has given her a serious bad hair day. That’s why I do commentating and not Quidditch.”




The rest of the game went along the same lines as that. Ravenclaw won by a lot, as expected.




“I’m joining next year,” muttered James angrily, as they made their way back to the castle. “This year’s team is hopeless.”




*




Lily sat down in her armchair, writing in her diary by the fire. James watched her, silently and patiently, under his Invisibility Cloak.




As soon as she went to bed, he and his friends would be free to explore the castle, though he was content to sit and watch her write.




After what seemed like an eternity, Lily closed the diary and rose from her seat to go to bed.




James picked up the mirror that Sirius had lent him and said his friend’s name into it.




Sirius’s face appeared in the mirror. “It’s about time!” cried Sirius, impatiently.




“Well it’s not my fault,” hissed James, irritably. “Lily stayed for an eternity just writing. It’s not as if it’s going to be published or anything.”




Sirius rolled his eyes. “Peter and Remus are already asleep,” he grumbled. “I’ve been bored stiff waiting.”




“I haven’t exactly been having the time of my life either,” complained James. “At least you didn’t have to worry about how loud you breathed for an hour! Wake Remus and Peter up and get down here so we can go.”





James put down the mirror, and looked at the door expectantly. There soon appeared Peter and Remus, looking very bedraggled, along with Sirius, who was full of energy and practically jumping up and down.




James hurried them all under the cloak, but they soon found that they could only remain unseen if they stayed pressed up together, not moving at all.




James thrust the cloak off, annoyed.




“This isn’t working. How about we take it with us, and throw it on if there’s an emergency,” he reasoned.




“So, exactly, where are we going, again?” asked Remus, yawning, his messy light brown hair falling into his eyes.




“The secret passageway that my Dad told his brother, Jada’s dad, about when Mum wasn’t looking,” said James. “He said that it led to a great place, but Mum called me upstairs before I could here any more.



Soon, they arrived on the first floor, and James confidently led them over to a statue of an old wizard with a short, pointed beard.




The statue was old and cracked, and the stone was flaking off.




James tapped the wizard with his wand, and said, “Dissendium.”




The statue split in half, leaving a large crack, just wide enough for a teenage boy to slip through.




(“That’s good,” Sirius remarked. “This way we can keep coming back until we leave Hogwarts.)




James climbed through the opening first, and the other boys followed. He took a cautious step forward, and suddenly, the ground seemed to disappear beneath his feet.




James dropped his wand in surprise as suddenly he was speeding forward at an alarming rate.




Startled cries from behind him told James that the others had met the same fate.




Suddenly, James hit solid ground with a thud, and he collapsed in a heap.




Sirius came down next and promptly fell on top of him, soon followed by Remus and Peter.




James, at the bottom of the heap, was hardly impressed.




“Gerrof meh yer guysh!” he demanded, lying face first in the dirt.




The other boys obediently tumbled off of him and pulled him to his feet, while he spat out grains of dirt in disgust.




“Where are we?” asked Peter, trying to sound casual.




“I’m not sure,” said Remus, uncertainly.




Sirius walked foward slowly, but he ran into a wall of fallen rocks.



"Okay, so we go back then," he said, grimicing in pain.



He turned around, coming face to face with the slide that had brought them there in the first place.




“How?” whispered James timidly.







hope you liked it... not one of my favourite chapters, but it keeps the story flowing.




Ok, I'm tired of asking nicely, heres the deal. I get ten reviews for this chapter, you get a new chapter. Fair? I'm sorry if I sound brutal, but if this is what I have to do to get some reviews, then this is what I have to do.