Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Forever Yours by harry_potter_star

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Disclaimer- I do not own anything Harry Potter, such as Hogwarts, Lumos, James and Lily etc, I should hope that by now you all know what I'm talking about!!






Chapter 6





Snowflakes!!






The next morning, everyone stared at James and Sirius, James especially.




No one could quite figure out how the two of them had gone from being absolutely fine the night before, to being covered in scratches, bruises, and in James’s case, a black eye.




Though everyone wondered, no one asked about it. Perhaps they were afraid of the answer. No one likes to think of their home as unsafe.




Whatever the reason was, the group of boys were quite content to keep the previous night’s adventures a secret.




Of course, Lily and Jada had eagerly filled Thaliana and Roxanna in on the events, and they were both fascinated with the story, and furious that neither of them had been asked to join them.




“Well, after all, what’s the point of hearing about it when you could have experienced it?” Roxanna pointed out.




“Believe me, I would much rather have heard about it than be there!” insisted Lily. “It was a nightmare, and at one point, we all thought that James was dead!! That’s not exactly my idea of a good time.”




The girls could all see that Lily wasn’t exaggerating, none of the boys looked as if they had particularly enjoyed the nights’ events.




James in particular didn’t look much better than he had the night before, and all four of the boys were incredibly grumpy.




When Remus was asked to pass the strawberry jam, he simply snapped, “Get it yourself.”




The girl had done so, and incredibly hurt look on her face.









James, Sirius, Remus and Peter sat on their beds, incredibly bored. Sirius began to click his tongue, and the sound echoed through the silent dormitory.




James sighed impatiently. “Sirius, would you shut up?” he pleaded.




Sirius shrugged indifferently. “I’m bored, it’s keeping me sane.”




“It’s driving me insane!” grumbled Remus, grabbing a pillow and throwing it at Sirius’s head.




“HEY!!”



James looked out of the window gloomily. It was perfect weather, as usual.




“If it would hurry up and become winter, we could be out there snowball fighting!” he complained.




The other boys nodded. “It’s too bad we can’t just… magically make it snow or something like that,” sighed Peter.




Sirius, James and Remus all sat up abruptly and stared at him excitedly.




“What?” asked Peter, nervously.









Lily stirred restlessly in her sleep. Something incredibly annoying was on her face.




She shook her head impatiently, and glanced at the clock beside her bed. It was only 5:30 am.




Lily swung her legs onto the floor, and gasped in surprise.




Something soft was covering the floor, and stuff was falling onto her head from the ceiling.




“Lily, what on Earth is going on?” asked Krysta, the girl who shared the dormitory with Lily and her friends.




Lily snatched her wand off of her bedside table. ‘Lumos,” she muttered, and a thin beam of light shot out of her wand and onto the floor.




Lily was unable to full believe what she saw. “It’s snowing,” she breathed. “indoors…”




“But it can’t be,” protested Jada, who had woken up.




Thaliana switched on the light, and the room became brighter.




‘Oh my goodness,” she murmured in shock.




Everything in the entire room was covered in a thick blanket of pure, white snow. The strangest bit about it was that it wasn’t cold, or wet, just soft and perfect.




“We must be dreaming!” insisted Lily, shaking her head. “I’m going back to sleep.




“Shouldn’t we do something about it?” demanded Krysta.




“It won’t hurt to leave it be for a few more hours,” yawned Lily, already half asleep.



*





At breakfast the next morning, everyone was excited about the snow, and the biggest thrill of it was that none of the teachers seemed to be able to do anything about it



Roxanna seemed especially excited, as she hadn’t woken up the night before to see the snow.




The excitement reaches absolute breaking point when all of the lessons that day were cancelled.




Lily was talking happily with her friends, when she overheard parts of the boys’ conversation.




“…and now we’ve got no lessons for the entire day! We should have thought of this before!” exclaimed James enthusiastically.




It was you four!” cried Lily.




James jumped guiltily. “You won’t tell anyone, will you?” he pleaded. “It was only a bit of fun!”




Lily pretended to consider this, and then she smiled. “Well, alright, I suppose it didn’t hurt anyone, and we did get out of class…”




The four boys grinned.




“Thanks Lils, I knew you’d see it our way,’ Sirius smiled.




“Call me ‘Lils’ one more time, and I will tell the teachers on you. My name is Lily.”




“Right,” Sirius nodded. “I’ll remember that.”










A month had gone by, it was December, and snow was covering the outdoor area of the castle as it had done to the indoor area the month before.




Lily and her friends immediately ran outside after breakfast. The boys followed energetically, and were soon wrapped up in a snowball fight together.




Sirius threw a snowball at Remus, who ducked as quick as lightning. The snowball hit Thaliana in the back of her head.




She whipped round, scooped up some snow, and threw it at Sirius.




Lily, Jada and Roxanna looked at each other, and then made some snowballs of their own.




Lily and Jada advanced on James, who threw his hands over his face. “Have mercy on me, that’s two on one!” He cried, as the two girls pelted him with snow.




Lily ran towards James and pinned him to the ground, laughing joyfully.



James laughed as well, and tried to throw her off of him, but Lily noticed that he didn’t seem to be putting much effort into it.





“Jada! Hurry up, he’s got no escape!’ she cried, amidst her giggles.










Sirius paused in mid throw, and looked towards his two friends.




“Remus, look,” he said, nodding his head towards James and Lily.




Remus shook his head, smiling. “He’s got it bad for that girl,” he remarked.




Sirius wholeheartedly agreed with him, as James managed to push Lily off of him, knocking her to the ground and tried to shove snow down the front of her jacket, grinning radiantly.




The door to the castle burst open, and Calista, Mabel and another Slytherin girl named Elara Mills came out, shortly followed by Robert Goldstone, Bertram Aubrey, Deimus Figgins and Charlie Patman.




At almost exactly the same time, Robert and Calista saw Lily and James, and their faces took on identical looks of fury.




Both of them turned huffily to follow their separate groups, looks of utter disgust on their faces.






OK everyone, I just had a good idea. how aboutI make reviewing a liiittle bit more fun? For each chapter, I'll make up a reviewing challenge for you to fufill, and the winner of the challenge gets a mention in the challenge winners section at the top of the page.

By the way, just so you know, You can send in reviews that have nothing to do with the challenge!!



This chapters reviewing challenge is to...

Write a 100 word or less poem or limerick on why Calsita sucks. Be as creative as you like, and don't be afraid to think outside the lines!! The best (or most creative...hmm) one will be judged by me. Entries are valid until the 24th of November, 2005, when the winner will be picked. Have fun, and i hope to see some enties, as well as feedback on my whole Review-Challenge idea.

I hope that you liked the chapter, I personally didn't mind it!! I know that it's a little shorter than usual, but the next one won't be!!The first year is probably the shortest year out of all of them, so we will be moving on to the second year sometime within the next 3 or 4 chapters I'd be guessing... I absolutely love the reviews I have got so far, Please keep them coming, and I promise that I'll respond for your trouble!