Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Forever Yours by harry_potter_star

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 8 – The First Summer





Disclaimer – I don’t own anything Harry Potter, though that’s a little obvious, I don’t have enough money to be sued, unless JK Rowling aims for under $85. I also don’t own the song, that is by Tammin. That is all.




Am I losin’ my mind?
You’re everywhere and I don’t know why
Somethin’ I can’t deny
On and on like a song in my head
And I can’t do a thing about it




When your Heart can’t stop
Like a runaway train
And love walks in like a hurricane
It’s a beautiful thing




When it feels so good
That you can’t let go
And you’re so far gone
Coz you couldn’t say no,
It’s a beautiful thing.



It’s a Beautiful Thing, By Tammin Surzok







Lily sat at the kitchen table, staring at her sister. Petunia slowly put a spoonful of cereal into her mouth and chewed it, without taking her eyes off of her younger sister.




Lily’s mother was upstairs taking a shower, and her father was at work. Petunia was terrified.




This was the first time since Lily had discovered that she was a witch that she and Petunia had been alone in a room together, and Petunia was convinced that if she so much as blinked, Lily would turn her into a cow or something; a thought that Lily did her best to encourage.




A slight movement outside the open window made Lily look up sharply. A beautiful barred owl flew through the window, its wings spread majestically.





Petunia whipped around and screamed as the gorgeous creature landed on her head daintily.




Lily jumped up and gently pulled the newcomer off of Petunia, who had gone completely still, and was so pale that she resembled several of the ghosts at Hogwarts.




The owl hooted in protest, and tried to get back towards Lily’s trembling sister.




“Get out of here; you haven’t seen a magical owl when it’s angry,” Lily warned in an undertone.




Petunia didn’t need telling twice, and she darted out of the room in a panic. Lily smiled and turned towards the owl, who was looking sadly at the door that Petunia had ran out of, and she took the letter off of its leg and read it.





Dear Lily,


How are you? I’m good, and I hope that you are too! What have you been doing? I haven’t been up to much, to tell the truth. Do you still like James? I hope so; it’s going to be so cute when the two of you finally get together! You know how we thought it was strange that my parents never sent me a letter about that huge fight with Calista? Guess who got a looong lecture when she got home? I kept telling them that I didn't mean to give Calista horns, I was just trying out a spell I learned in a book I found....Mum was surprised that we know those spells, but Dad thinks it's because of that You-Know-Who guy... Something about defense skills. Anyway, I’m really bored here at my house; there’s practically nothing to do, so we should catch up together sometime soon! Write again soon, I’m hopeless at letters, aren’t I?


Love Jada


PS, isn’t my new owl beautiful? Her name is Allia, pronounced A lee ah






Lily smiled in delight, grabbed some pen and paper, and wrote an answer to her friend.





Dear Jada




I’m good thanks, it’s great to hear from you! I’ve been lazy, and I haven’t been writing, but that’s me for you! You’re right, we should catch up, and Mum said a couple of days ago that you can visit! If you can, send me a letter, and come around at 12:00 am by flew powder or whatever that stuff you told me about is called. If your parents say that you can't go, just tell them that it will be a good educational oppurtunity to experience two different lifestyles and see the way that muggles live their lives. That will pretty much force them to let you go; They wouldn't want to deprive their beloved girl the chance to mingle with muggles and expand her knowledge and intellectual boundaries! I'm starting to sound like an encyclopedia, hey? Anyway, of course I still like James, what do you take me for? I hope he will ask me out this term, because there is no way on this Earth that I am asking him! You are all right at writing letters! Your owl is gorgeous, and she really likes Petunia! ( I’ll take that as a sign that she is as crazy as she is pretty ) Where did you get that name from; I really like it!


See you


Luv ya, your bff


Lily






“Here Allia, take this to Jada,” Lily said, and she could have sworn that Allia smiled at her before taking off with Lily’s response tied to her leg.




Lily went up to her room to look at the letters she had received in the past few days from her two other friends.




She dug through her top drawer until she found them, slipped inside her Transfiguration book.





Dear Lily,


How have you been? Good, I hope, I’m sure you can imagine how I have been! Calista has been a nightmare to live with! Have you ever climbed into bed to find it filled with flobber worms? I’ll recommend to never do that. I have absolutely no idea where she got her hands on that many, probably from one of her Slytherin friends. Anyway, on the bright side, I have decided Kaine is soooooo totally cute! You know, that guy from 3rd year Ravenclaw? Sigh! Write back!!


Thaliana





Dear Lily,


Oh My God, you wouldn’t believe it!!! Rod is getting married to Felicia Turnrod!! Can you believe it? He decided against Fantalia! I found her address and sent her hate mail. I also started an ‘I hate Felicia Turnrod’ website. The site address is www.ihatefeliciaturnrodthehorribleperson.com You don’t think it’s a bit much do you? I can remember it, but I feel a little sorry for the regular visitors. Should I shorten it to IHFTTHP.com? it’s much easier to remember. Anyway, I hope that you’re good. Thali has written to me, and she doesn’t seem thrilled. I definitely wouldn’t want to be her right now… Got to go!!


See you later!


Roxy





Lily giggled at Roxanna’s letter; she wasn’t sure if she would ever get over Rod.




Well, she reminded herself, you haven’t exactly gotten over James yet, have you?





*







James stepped inside his mansion, his hair messy and his eyes gleaming.




Mrs Potter looked up from her book and laughed. “Did you have fun on your new broomstick?” she asked affectionately, surveying her son’s jubilant face.




James nodded enthusiastically. “Yes! This has definitely, all around, not a doubt, no question about it, totally, completely and…definitely been the best birthday ever!’ he cried.




Mr Potter came in the room. “Glad to hear it,” he smiled softly. “I can’t believe you’re twelve already,”




Sylvia grinned. “You’re just a big softy, you do know that, don’t you?” she asked.




“I do.”




James rolled his eyes as his parents leaned in to share a kiss, and he started to make his way out of the room.




“James,” his mother called out. “Would you like to invite some of your friends over for the weekend?”




James grinned immediately. “Yeah! Thanks Mum!”


*








Remus was still gazing around James’s enormous house in wonder. Sirius didn’t look entirely impressed, as his house was similar in size, and Peter wasn’t there, he was on holiday in Switzerland.




“Can we all have a go on your new broom James?” he asked hopefully.




James nodded. “Okay, but I would’ve thought that you would want to explore some of the passageway first…” he trailed off. “But, if you don’t want to of cour-“




“YOU HAVE SECRET PASSAGEWAYS?!” Sirius screeched. James winced, and Remus jumped.




“Yes, I do-“




“Well, what are we waiting for? Let’s go!”




“Alright!”




“Wait you two, haven’t we had enough experience with passageways to last a lifetime?”




“Oh don’t be such a spoilsport Remus; I know for a fact that all of these passages are safe! Besides, my parents are here, they’ll be able to help us if anything does go wrong!”




Remus still didn’t look convinced. “Well, Okay,” he relented finally. “We’ll tell your parents, and then if they think it’s safe, we’ll go.”




James and Sirius stared at him for a minute, and then they both burst out into hysterical laughter.




Finally James managed to choke out an answer. “Are you kidding? We can’t tell my parents we’re going in a passageway, they’d go crazy!”





*






James stood proudly while Remus and Sirius stared in awe around the outdoor-underground room.




“So Remus, are you still annoyed that I brought you?” James asked.




Remus shook his head, still unable to believe what he was seeing.




Instead of ground above his head, there was simply a clear blue sky, and though no sun shone, the entire room was filled with light.




Not far away from where the boys stood, there was a majestic waterfall, with crystal clear water tumbling over the edge into a large pool of bright blue water.




Green grass covered the ground, and trees were scattered occasionally, bearing fruit of all kinds, under one of which, two unicorns grazed lazily.




The three boys were given the illusion of never ending space, as the grass seemed to go on forever.




Sirius turned to James. “How the hell did you do this?” he asked in wonder.




James laughed. “Oh, it took me awhile but I figured it out, I told you I was smart. It’s pretty good magic for a guy who’s only just turned twelve, huh?”




Remus’ jaw dropped even further, and James laughed.




“I can’t believe you two believed me!” he giggled. “Nah, this thing has been here ever since my great-great-great-great-great and greater still grandparents built this house. And Remus, I was only joking before, we are allowed down here.”




Remus and Sirius glanced at each other, and then they simultaneously tackled James to the ground.





*






James lay in his bed, troubled. In the bed next to him, Sirius snored loudly.




“Remus?” he hopefully spoke into the darkness.




“Yeah?”




James took a deep breath. "I know this may come as a shock to you, but I really like Lily. A lot.”




“I know,” responded Remus.




James was startled. “You do?”




“Yes, it’s pretty obvious. Now, was that all?”




“No… Last term, Calista told me that Lily had said all of these horrible things about me, and I’m really not sure whether to believe her or not,” James moaned.




Remus was silent for a moment. “Have you tried asking Lily her side of the story?” he asked.




“No, I didn’t think that she’d tell me if she did.”




“Well James, this is just my opinion, but so far we’ve known both Lily and Calista. From what we know, Lily is a caring, sweet and nice person, and Calista is an overly-jealous, short-tempered she-beast. Think about that, and then tell me whether you are going to believe her or not.”




James smiled into the darkness. “Thanks Remus.”




“Anytime.”






Ok, That's the first year!!! Everyone proud of me?? Alright, this challenge will have no winner, simply answer this questions please : What has been your fav chapter so far and why? Believe it or not, That is an incredibly useful thing for me to know!! Thanks and cya!!