Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Unexpected Love by anticrombie0919

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 3:


Draco slammed the door. How could that filthy mudblood think that she could insult him like that!

“Pureblood, female, and willing to shag with you?!” he muttered in a taunting voice. ‘I could have any girl! Damn, I could have Hermione if I wanted! But why would I want to?’ these thoughts racing through his head as he set the password (giant squid), and stepped into his room.

It had a black carpet, paintings of Salazar Slytherin on the circular stone wall, a pine bed, and a wardrobe was open next to a large pine desk. In between the large windows and his bed was a small door. Wondering what it could lead to as he opened it, he heard a slow creak. He turned around hurriedly thinking it might be someone on the stairs outside his room listening in. ‘Probably that mudblood Granger trying to dig up some dirt on me and get me expelled or something.’ He went and opened the door leading out to the hall. Nothing. What was he thinking? He was getting paranoid. Why, who knows.


He closed the door slowly, still thinking someone might be listening to him. When the door was securely closed (he had checked), the blonde teen leaned against the wall. He sighed audibly and shook his head. He returned to the mysterious door, and opened it quickly. Again he heard the creek, though it was faster and at a higher pitch this time.

“It was just the door! Merlin, I AM paranoid!” he said decisively. Then he stepped into the room.

At first he thought he had stepped into a forest. Everything was green. The forest green walls matched the counters (moss green) and rested under tinted windows that allowed both light and privacy for the bathroom and the wall length mirror that rested under the windows. Even the rug looked and smelled like grass! The shower/tub was surrounded by light green glass that had moving bubbles moving in it. He walked over to the other side of the moderately sized loo. He reached out and started to turn the door knob. ‘Huh.’ He thought. ‘This door doesn’t squeak.’


***************************


Hermione Granger was lying face down in her bed, trying very hard not to scream.

‘Draco Malfoy is living scum of the Earth! He thinks he can push me around! JUST because my parents are muggles! Merlin! I get better grades than him! Why, WHY, did he have to be Head Boy?!?!’

She flopped over onto her back, closed her eyes, and sighed.

‘Maybe if I just ignore him? No, that never works! It hasn’t worked for the past six years, I doubt it’ll work now!’ She laid on her bed unmoving. ‘I’m just going to have to grin and bear it! Well, maybe not grin. Unless, of course, I get a wicked insult for that pompous little brat!’ She sat up, chuckling to herself at all of the things she could do to Malfoy.

‘Hmmmmmm. He didn’t look too bad as a ferret!’ She glanced at her watch. Nine fifty-four. Time to get ready for bed. She really missed the long nights out in America. The parties, the blaring music, and dancing with all those guys. The Head Girl smiled, the memories of those nights fresh in her memory. She gone to a lot of parties with Aimee and, to her surprise, guys had actually asked her to dance. It took her a little while to get used to it, but after a few weeks she could grind, mosh, and even slow dance.

She liked to mosh better than anything else, though. The guitars, the drums, the beat, everyone jumping up and down, bumping into each other. It was great! But try to explain that to Harry and Ron. Ginny understood what moshing was pretty quickly but the boys were oblivious! ‘I really need a romance in my life. Great friends can only get you so far. If only I could meet some guy who liked to dance and listen to alternative music!’ She thought sadly, knowing of no guy like that at Hogwarts.

Snapping herself out of her reflective, wishful mood, Hermione stood up and walked over to her vanity. She pulled the wooden chair back and sat down. The lonesome girl reached into her dark grey backpack next to her vanity and took out her laptop. Dumbledore had magically enchanted so that it would run smoothly and now she was going to try it out for the first time. She opened it up and started checking her e-mail. ‘Oh! Look, I got one from Aimee . . . .’


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Draco opened the door and stepped into another room. It was circular like his, with large windows, a white carpet, and a king sized bed. Looking around the room he saw something that made his jaw drop as he cried out in surprise.

“Bloody shit Granger! What the hell are you doing in here!?! And what are you wearing!?!?”

Hermione spun around, hair spinning out underneath her, causing her to look angelic. Unfortunately, the momentum of her spin caused her not only to fall out of her chair, but go flying toward none other than her fellow Head. On reflex he lunged, just managing to catch her and maintain his balance. He couldn’t help but notice her cleavage in her low cut t-shirt. ‘Wow! Granger’s got some curves!’

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN MY ROOM MALFOY!?!”

“What? Your room?!” ‘Wow, she looks half way descant for a mudblood in that tight t-shirt.’ He stood there, holding her arms by the crook of his elbows. She stood up abruptly, causing his thoughts to trail off.

“Remember! This is the Heads Dorms! But just because we share a dorm DOESN’T give you PERMISSION to come into my room anytime you want!” Hermione screamed and Malfoy could see the rage coursing through her. ‘How dare he! Come in my room without knocking! And definitely not invited!’ she thought savagely.

“What if I didn’t know it was your room, you filthy mudblood!” Malfoy yelled with feeling. ‘What is her problem? I made a simple mistake! Merlin, it’s like I caught her naked or something!’

“Well, if you can’t figure that out, then you aren’t suited to be Head Boy!” The woman stated. ‘How in the world did he get to be Head boy? His father must have bribed someone! No doubt Snape helped! Argh! And I have to share a dormitory with him!’

“ME! You aren’t suited to be Head Girl! You filthy, stupid, ignorant, ungrateful, little mudblood! You think that you can invade my privacy!” Malfoy shouted, not remembering that he walked into her room and was standing there in only his undershirt and casual pants that he had changed into earlier.


“If you think so little of me, why are you even here? If you don’t like someone you generally stay away from them!”

‘Damn! For a pompous, arrogant, idiotic, weird, stupid, geeky, obsessive, gross, perverted, evil, soon-so-be-Death-Eater, pureblood manic, jerk-off ferret, he doesn’t look too bad!’

“Are you checking me out Granger?!” Malfoy questioned, repulsed. ‘Ha! I knew I could have Granger if I wanted to! I’ve never met a girl who doesn’t think I’m hot, and I’m not starting here!’

“Merlin, no! You little pervert!” Hermione said indignity, even though she knew that the blush creeping up her cheeks would give her away. Hopefully, he would think it’s just because she’s so pissed off.

“Good! I wouldn’t want a mudblood to look at me.” Malfoy stated simply. He stood there, his arms folded over his toned and tan chest knowing that it flexed his muscles for him. He loved that pose, it made girls go crazy.

“Really, Malfoy? Then how come you checked me out earlier?” Hermione asked, smugly. She was used to guys checking her out, but Malfoy! ‘That pervert will look at any girl as long as she stands still long enough!’

“I did NOT!” He screamed. ‘Why would I? She’s a mudblood! Nobody checks out mudbloods except muggles, other mudbloods, and blood traitors! And I am none of those!’ he thought indignity.

“Oh please! Like I didn’t see you looking down my shirt earlier!” She said, sounding disgusted and haughty at the same time. ‘He doesn’t want to come off that high and mighty horse of his! Well, he seemed to have come down a little. He’s practically drooling over there and he still is trying to say that he didn’t check me out!’ she thought angrily as she put her hands on her hips, and putting one hip out to the side.


He asked menacingly “What guy would even look at you?!” He gulped. He could see almost all of her legs. Her small navy and white polka-dot shorts matched her tight white shirt that was low cut enough for Malfoy to easily see her cleavage.

“HA! I’ll have you know that many guys have danced with me over the summer! I even had seven guys ask me out! In case you haven’t noticed, I’ve been getting stared at by so many guys I can’t even count!”

This was a little bit of an over statement, but Malfoy didn’t know that. ‘He thinks he’s the only decent looking person! Well, he’s going to realize that he’s not the only person in this entire school who can get someone to check them out!’

“You?! Bookworm Granger! I don’t believe it!” Malfoy said, aware that he was easily provoking Hermione to say something rash. ‘I highly doubt she’s even kissed a guy!’ was his only thought.

“Well, why don’t we have a dance and I’ll prove it to you!” she asked with a glint of a dare in her eye. She wasn’t going to let him get away with this. He had tormented her, her friends, and everyone else who doesn’t slobber on his shoes! Time for some major pay back!

“Fine!” He said, “And I dare you to dance with me so I can so if it’s really true!”

‘Ha! Now I can tell everyone how crappy of a dancer she is! I mean, she can’t be good at dancing! She’s a mudblood for Merlin’s sake!’

“You’ve got a dare!” Hermione said confidently. She knew this was one dare should could definitely win. So many guys have told her that she was the best dancer that turning Malfoy into putty at the sight of her dancing shouldn’t be any problem at all.

The two Heads stood there glaring at each other for a while. Then Malfoy turned, walked to the door and stopped, calling “This will be one fun dance! Watching you fling around, trying to dance! It’ll be hilarious!” Then he turned and walked away without a backward glance.

Hermione ran to the door and said loudly, even though Malfoy was already in his own room and not listening “Don’t you ever open this door again Draco Malfoy!”