Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Unexpected Love by anticrombie0919

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 4~~~~~~~~~~~~

Malfoy stared at his plate. Why did he have to make that dare with Granger? Now he has to plan a dance! And he has to do it with the filthy Mudblood! Damn! What was he thinking? Maybe he could just explain to her that he got caught up in the heat of the row. No, that would involve talking to her. Malfoy sighed loudly. “What’s wrong, Dracokins?” Pansy asked, making Malfoy cringe.

“Nothing Parkinson. Why don’t you go shag yourself so I don’t have to be around you? And I thought I had told you that we had broken up!”

Pansy’s simpering smile didn’t falter. “Oh Dracokins! I know you love me!” Malfoy convulsed. How could that little slut think that he fancied her! Batting her lashes like it made him give in! Well, it used to, but it won’t anymore!

“Really Parkinson? That’s news to me! And by the way, you’re the biggest whore I’ve ever met so if you would be decent enough not to talk to me, I would greatly appreciate it!” Malfoy leapt out of his seat, making Pansy draw back. With his face red in anger he left Pansy sitting sulkily at the table.

“Wonder what’s got his knickers in a bunch?” Ron asked questioningly from the Gryffindor table.

“Maybe he found out he’s playing us in Quidditch next month?” Harry questioned calmly. The infamous trio burst out in laughter. Ron could be seen trying not to choke, and Hermione had turned bright red.

When they finally got themselves under control enough to talk, Pansy, who had been walking out of the Great Hall, steered a course for them. “And what are you filthy Gryffindors laughing about?” she asked snobbishly.

“Your face, Parkinson. It’s hilarious,” the girl of the trio stated smoothly. The Gryffindor tale exploded with giggling. Pansy turned a beet red and trudged out of the Great Hall with the snickers of the Great Hall echoing after her.

“Ha ha! That was really fun, but now it’s time to go to class!” Hermione said with touches of finality and humor in her voice.

Ron stuck his tongue out. “Aw man! We have Snape first! This is going to be a fun first day!” he told his friends sarcastically. The trio of friends laughed joyously and left the Great Hall.

When they finally reached the cold dungeon classroom, the professor was waiting. “Ah, I see you have made it just on time. Another minute and I would’ve had to deduct ten points. For being so close I think I’ll take five points from Gryffindor,” he said with a satisfied smirk.

Harry, Hermione, and Ron’s jaws dropped. “But Professor, only half the class is here!” Harry said tensely and indignity.

“I’ll deduct another five points for back talk, Mr. Potter. Now, you three take your seats or I shall deduct more!” Snape snapped with an air of ‘I-can-do-whatever-I-want-to-you-and-you-can’t-stop-me!’ about him.

The infuriated trio worked their way over to their usual seats from last year. Hermione, sitting in between Ron and Harry, heard her red-haired best friend mutter “Slimy little git! I just wanna . . . .” He made a violent motion under the desk.

“Ron! He’s a teacher!” Hermione whispered, shocked at Ron’s willingness to hurt a teacher. Even though Snape does deserve it… She thought to herself. Sighing she took out her cauldron, supplies, and a spare bit of parchment. Brring! The bell had rung and all the Gryffindors were in their seats.

The entire class turned their heads to face the door as the Slytherins came into the room, laughing and talking loudly. “Sit down, sit down.” When everyone had finally settled he continued. “Today we are making the Light Potion. Can anyone tell me what it is?”

Hermione’s hand rose straight in the air as always. “No one! Tsk, tsk! I would have expected better from my Advanced Potions class.

“The Light Potion, or lux bibo, creates a light emotion in the drinker. Various emotions that emanate from the drinker are happiness, joy, love, peace, contempt, relaxation, and often ecstasy. Many side affects are; epiphanies, giddiness, un-perturbation, visions, finding true love, and felling great surges of passion.”

“Well? Why aren’t you taking this down?” Snape asked sharply, ignoring the fact that Hermione had been scribbling on parchment since he began talking. When the class had finally finished taking notes Snape informed them, “Next week we will be making the Light Potion, so come prepared for a particularly hard class. No mess ups will be allowed.”

“Somebody needs to give him the Light Potion,” muttered Ron as the class scrambled out of the dungeon classroom to the much awaited bell. The three best friends laughed heartily at Ron’s joke, walking towards the warm air wafting in from the doors.

When they arrived in McGonagall’s classroom they took seats near the front, with much persuasion from Hermione, (“We’ll learn so much more if we’re at the front!”), and took out their copies of Transfiguration: An Art. Professor McGonagall walked in with her usual set face and brisk pace.

“Good morning class. Today we will study human transfiguration. Am I correct in thinking that no one but Miss. Granger has studied it before?” The class returned her question with blank looks. “I see I am correct. Well then, start reading! Tomorrow we are going to practice the incantation. Tonight’s homework is to write an eighteen-inch essay on the complexity and precision of human transformation. Due Friday. That is all.” Harry and Ron exchanged looks as the entire class, except Hermione, groaned.

“I can’t believe it! Eighteen inches due on Friday! Bloody hell! That’s wicked!” whispered Ron, rather loudly, to his friends.

The raven-haired man nodded in agreement and the Head Girl just looked appalled. “Ron!” she said with indigence. The red haired teen just rolled his eyes and opened his book. Following suit, Harry and Hermione opened their books.

Their next classes, History of Magic and Charms, passed by uneventfully. Except when Ron almost blew up Harry’s hat with the Removable Charm.

Jumping out of their seats when the bell rang, the two boys walked up to Gryffindor Tower and the lonesome girl walked to her own common room. Well, not just mine. Malfoy, ugh, shares it too.

“Password?” the annoyingly cheery girl asked Hermione.

“Hogwash,” she stated in a bored tone.

“Yes, yes that’s the password! You’re correct! Come on in! It’ll be a blast, so just climb on through! Unless you want to stand out here, just me and you!” Hermione climbed through the portrait hole as fast as she could.

“What the hell! Granger! What are you doing here?!” He was lying on the couch with his hair disheveled. Hermione had thought she heard something coming from the common room but decided she hadn’t and focused on the matter at hand.

“Do we have to go over this again?! I live here too, you know!” She said walking over to the couch. “And why is your shirt off?” she asked curiously.

Malfoy was lying there on the couch with his shirt off, showing his tanned and toned, but-not-to-toned, chest. Hermione started looking around the room. Seeing a female’s shirt on the ground and lip gloss smudges on Malfoy’s face, she had a suspicion that something was happening.

“Who were you shagging?” she asked resolutely with her hands on her hips.

She has nice hips, he thought. Then he shuddered at his thought. Snapping back to reality by Hermione’s glare, he said “Shag? Me? I’m Head Boy, remember? We Heads don’t do things like that!” He stated with a hurt expression on his face. The acting was ruined a smidge by the fact he said the last sentence with a sarcastic tone.

“Save me the dramatics, Malfoy… or should I say ‘Slytherin Sex King’. Who is she and where has she gone? And you’re right. Heads don’t do things like that! Maybe this will convince Dumbledore you don’t deserve to be Head Boy,” she said with a hint of ‘ha-ha-I-got-you’ in her voice and an uncharacteristic smirk on her face. She watched with glee as Malfoy’s face fell.

What! That Mudblood has been spying on me! Malfoy thought before saying, “You don’t deserve to be Head Girl, you filthy little Mudblood!” Hermione’s face contorted in anger and Malfoy decided to add one more insult. “And the only reason you are getting your knickers in a bunch is because you want to be the one shagging me.”

Hermione stood there, her fists clenched and anger radiating from every pore. “You are such a-” Before she could finish the sentence, Malfoy was up off the couch and pressing Hermione against the cold stone wall with his hands on her wrists, pinning them to the wall and his pointy face inches away from hers. Her breathing was ragged and he had a mischievous smile on his face that made her wonder what he was planning in his twisted, perverted, and evil little mind.

“You’re not going to tell anybody about your suspicions of me having a girl in here, are you? That wouldn’t be good for me.” He paused. “Or you,” Malfoy stated, at first sounding like it was an everyday conversation, but Hermione shivered when he slipped the threat in.

Regaining composure she stated simply, “Now why would I do that? I don’t have any reason to tell. Yet.” Hermione smiled at the sound of her own threat and thought, Ha! Take that you evil, jerk-off, pompous little bastard. She was jerked out of her thoughts by Malfoy letting go of her arms and stepping back from her.

“Of course you wouldn’t. Goodnight, Granger. I’m going to bed early so don’t wake me. After all, the Slytherin Sex King needs his sleep.” He gave her his classic smirk and left the room, heading up the staircase towards his bedroom with his classic swagger. Hermione picked up a pillow and threw it at the couch. Ignored by Snape, insulted by Parkinslut and Malfoy! Ron was right. This was a fun first day back.