Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Unexpected Love by anticrombie0919

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
See You Tomorrow:


When they met in the Great Hall the next morning they started to talk about the subject that had been in back of their minds.

Draco “Jerk-off-Bouncing-Ferret-Stuck-up-ass” Malfoy.

Harry, sitting next to Ginny, leaned forward past the sixth year’s head of scarlet hair and questioned the group,

“What do you think Malfoy’s up to?”

In response he got shrugs, blank stares (not unlike the one’s they gave the teachers), and one response that he most likely would have preferred to have not to heard.

“Well, he’s only been nice to Hermione, right?” Ginny said.

After she paused for a few seconds, she continued with the blush creeping onto her face rapidly.

“So maybe, I mean, well . . . he’s not known as the Slytherin Sex King for nothing, is he?” She looked around to see astonished faces and agape mouths.

“Well, it was just an idea. I mean, it’s possible, right? He would shag anyone, no matter what he thought of ‘em.” She ended her speech and looked around at their still surprised faces.

Recovering slowly, Hermione said:

“Well, that’s a possibility, but I think he might just be messing with Harry and Ron’s heads so that they screw-up the Quidditch game.”

She didn’t add that she was planning to make his life hell for messing with her brain, but she did mutter,

“I’ll make him stop.”

At first it seemed like no one heard her. Then Ron turned to face her and said, “You?”

He paused.

“Hermione, if anyone’s going to stop him,” another pause. “It’ll have to be me and Harry.” His voice was growing strength until his last word, where people around them turned to see what was going on:

“What is Ron doing NOW?!” “I hope he doesn’t flip out again!” “He’s already embarrassed those poor Gryffindors enough!” “Bloody hell! He needs solitary confinement!” and “Ron, Please SHUT THE BLOODY HELL UP!” his fellow Hogwarts students said and/or yelled.

Hermione was confused. Did Ron just say HE’D be the one to make Malfoy’s life a living hell?!

“What?!” She asked him fiercely.

“Do you think I can’t take care of myself?! That I can’t stand up to Malfoy?!!!”

She turned to face him and watched his eyes dart from side to side, looking for help.

Finally, consigning to the fact that no help would come, he cleared his throat and began.

“I . . . I . . . just don’t want you to . . . to get . . . hurt.” Ron looked down, waiting for Hermione to speak.

When she did, it wasn’t the most comforting answer for him.

Her face distorted in anger and frustration she said,

“You think I’ll get hurt! By Malfoy. Well, I’m going to do what I want to, no matter your opinion.”

She was on her feet with her index finger poking Ron in the chest and her hands flying.

“Me, get hurt by Malfoy.”

She muttered half to herself, and half to the blonde boy on the other side of the room, even though she knew that he couldn’t hear her.

Hermione’s voice was rising as she said,

“We will definitely see about that, Ronald Weasley.” And she stormed out of the hall.

What was with Ron? He usually was shy, quiet, and meek! Except for a few times, when they fought! Ugh!

Hermione slammed open the doors leading out to the grounds. I can NOT believe him! He thinks that just because he’s a guy he has to protect me! Well, not exactly protect me, but he thinks that HE’S the only one who can stand up to Malfoy! I never thought Ron would end up being a sexist male chauvinist pig. Pity.

She continued walking at a high speed in a random direction.

Ugh! That JERK! She threw her books down savagely and sat down, looking at her surroundings for the first time.

Hermione was in an area right off the lake, with the picturesque sky shinning through the trees to warm her face. She could see the lake but surprisingly, after investigation, she found out that is was extremely hard to see her. You had to look straight at her spot to see anything. And even then, it was difficult.

Granger felt her anger evaporate.

“Wow.” Was all she could whisper.

She ran back through the bushes and sat down. Leaning back as she calculated the time she had until class started, she closed her eyes and decided to catch up on some sleep. Hermione had stayed awake last night thinking about what Malfoy might be up to and plans to make him pay. The woman turned on her side and tried not to think.

She had just fallen into a light sleep when she heard a twig crack. She looked up, and guess who stepped out of the bushes?

Yah, you got it.

The one and only.

Malfoy. Draco Malfoy.

“Oh my God! Not you!” She groaned.

How come every time, every time, I get something awesome, he finds it and destroys it?

“Glad to see you too Granger.” Malfoy said sarcastically.

What was her problem? It wasn’t like he walked in on her naked. She really needs to get over her privacy issues. He thought calmly to himself.

“I just was looking for you because Dumbledore has been asking me about the dance. And I need something to tell the old bat.”

“He is NOT an old bat, and why couldn’t you wait until later?!” Hermione asked him sharply.

I can not believe it!!! He ruins everything! He was SO impatient, thinking of his needs and not her privacy! Why, God why?! He just had to be Head Boy, didn’t he!?!? UGH! I found this wicked ass place and then Malfoy comes along and ruins it! Just like him!

“Must you always wreck a good thing?!!” She was now on her feet with her fists clenched beside her.

“If I wreck something of yours, Mudblood, that’s a good thing.” He stated simply.

It was time for pay back. He leaned forward and whispered in her ear,

“In fact, for your uncaring disposition, I might ‘accidentally’ inflict some damage myself.” He placed his hand lightly on her shoulder, let it rest there for a few seconds, and then pulled slowly backward.

By this time Granger had pulled out her wand and had it at his neck. Surprised, he stumbled backward into a tree. Pieces of bark and loose leaves dug into he back.

“Now, now . . .” Malfoy gulped. “NO . . . no need to get violent!” His voice squeaked and Hermione gave a quick, unbelieving, laugh.

“You weren’t the one who was threatened, were you?” She asked, supposedly innocent.

She was hot. He could see the sparks behind her eyes and almost could feel the anger coursing through her veins.

He made a big mistake, and chuckled. Oh, shit. He thought.

He laughed.

How DARE he laugh! was the only thought registering in Hermione’s brain as she said the words “Cado Corpe!” and moved her wand hand in a circle twice.






The first thing Draco saw when he woke up was a brown bush.

A very soft brown bush. No, it wasn’t a bush. Bushes don’t move, do they?!

Because this bush was moving. And talking, and coming into focus . . . . . . .

“Granger!” He screamed. He shot up straight. Then he waited for his brain to think up a satirical comment that was up to the usual standards.

Nothing.

“Damn! Granger, what the hell are you doing here?!” He demanded her answer with a fierce voice and strong grip on her arm.

Hermione felt her back stiffen and answered with coldness and, she admitted to herself later, hints of fear and embarrassment.

“When you were in MY place, I got a little upset and knocked you backwards.”

Her voice lowered a notch. “And you knocked yourself out and I brought you up here.”

She looked at him and grimaced. “Don’t feel like I didn’t get a punishment. I have to come here for an hour everyday until you get better.”

His mouth fell open and he quickly closed it.

“Who are they punishing, me or you?” He asked her,

letting his grip on her arm slacken until his hand fell off. This was too much to take in after you just woke up.

She gave a quick snort. “Both.” She stated lightly and sadly.

Surprising herself, she started to laugh. He looked so funny, his hair was sticking up and he was all disoriented, blinking in the bright late day light.

She tried to muffle her laughter with her hand, but it just wasn’t working.

He looked at her.

“Why are you laughing, Granger?” He asked, less sharply than usual. This just excited a great burst of laughter.

She lifted her hand and pointed it at his hair. His gel had worn off, and it was discombobulated and loose.

He gingerly touched his head and groaned. She was now pink in the face with laughter. He started to laugh along. A slow chuckle at first, then a steady laughter that rang through the room and into the hallway.

Finally they were done and Draco questioned “When are we going to plan the dance?” with a smile still on his face.

“I don’t know. Soon, I guess. It’s going to be on Halloween, probably. We should talk to the prefects and ask them if they have any ideas. I’m tired of the same dance year after year.”

She pondered to herself for a moment.

“Maybe we can do a masked ball theme?” She asked him.

I love masked balls. They are so elegant!

And she had never been to one, so this would be an excellent chance to experience it! But it was a ‘mudblood’ theme, so she knew it was hopeless. It never hurt to ask, though.

“Sounds great!” He said.

Wow.

He just surprised himself so much he felt dazed. He had been in the same room as Granger for more than five minutes and they hadn’t given each other dirty looks, insulted each other, or inflicted injuring physical contact! And he had agreed with her! He had laughed with her! “So, um . . . . I guess you had better go tell Dumbledore.” He said to her.

“Uh, yah. My hour’s up anyways. I’ll bring you your homework tomorrow and tell you what Dumbledore said. Um, see you tomorrow Malfoy, I mean” she paused for a second

“Draco.” She was just as shocked as he was!

He said the dance was a good idea. This was monumental.

She left the room and closed the door.

So much for pay back. She thought.

But what if he was toying with her?

“Then he will be in a LOT of pain.” She said decisively.

She was now half-way to Dumbledore’s office. She kept on pondering and walking, and when she reached the door to his office, she said to herself, “I don’t think he’s messing with me.”

And she couldn’t hear Malfoy, after she closed the door, whisper as he lay back down,

“See you tomorrow, Hermione.”





A/N: If and when you review, please let me know what you like and dislike about the story so far. Thank you!

~ Anticrombie0919 (a.k.a. Sundance)