Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Pureblood Princess by softballrulz6

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
“HARRY! GET DOWN HERE NOW!”

What did I do now? I got up and walked over to door, took a deep breath, and walked downstairs. Aunt Petunia was sitting on the sofa and Uncle Vernon was pacing the room like he usually did when he was angry. He looked extra large today, that or he gained weight since the last time I saw him since I’ve been locked in my room for the past month until this morning.

“Sit,” he ordered without looking up from the floor. I went over and sat down on the chair farthest away from him. Finally he looked up. He stared at me for the longest time, his face growing redder every second. He looked like he was about to blow, and he did.

“WHY-ARE-THESE-PEOPLE-SENDING-US-LETTERS!” he yelled as he pulled out a letter from his pocket. I expected it to be covered in stamps like it was last year, but instead there was one stamp in the top right-hand corner.

“Well at least they put the right amount of stamps on it this year,” I said carelessly.

“These people send us a letter and all you can say is ‘at least they put the right amount of stamps on it this year’!” he exclaimed making a little boyish voice when he mimicked me.

“Well can I read it?” I asked. I expected him to hand it to me and tap his foot while I read it, but he didn’t do either of them, instead he read it out loud.

Dursleys,
I’m writing to see if you would let Harry come to visit with us the rest of the summer. He is allowed to come anytime he pleases so just send us a letter whenever you come to a decision. Please send the letter our way, the muggle way takes a little too long. We’ll come and pick him up if you allow him to come. We’ll come the muggle way this year.

Best Wishes,
Molly Weasley


I had to look like I wasn’t excited or else he wouldn’t let me go, so I bit my tongue to keep myself from smiling. Uncle Vernon was staring at me, expecting me to plead him to let me go, but since I didn’t, he sighed and said it was fine as long as I didn’t send him any letters. I agreed almost instantly, considering I never want to write them anyway.

I walked away until I was out of sight and then sprinted up the stairs, skipping the squeaky one, and ran into my room and shut the door. I glanced around the room and jumped on the bed, making it creak. I looked underneath the bed and pulled out a book, paper, and a quill.

Ron,
I can come! See you soon!
-Harry

I tied the letter to Hedwig and opened the window so she could leave. She flew out and I went and laid down on my bed smiling. I can’t wait for them to be here, I thought. Then I heard someone knocking on the front door and then I heard:

“Hello Mr. Dursley! I’m Arthur Weasley, remember I picked Harry up last year for the World Cup?”

“What? You! I thought that Molly Weasley was coming!” I heard Uncle Vernon shout. By this time I had made it down stairs and saw him shaking like a coward. I laughed and looked up at Mr. Weasley.

“Hello Harry!” Mr. Weasley said cheerfully, “Molly is here, she’s just in the car. Would you like to meet her?”

“Sure, anyone besides you,” Uncle Vernon snapped, regaining some of his height.

“Ok then!” Mr. Weasley said as he beckoned to the car for Mrs. Weasley to come, but instead, everyone came. At the sight of all the Weasleys except Bill and Charlie, Uncle Vernon started shaking worse.

“Who are all these people!” exclaimed Uncle Vernon.

Mr. Weasley chuckled and said, “This, Mr. Dursley, is my family,” he grinned wider with that and continued, “This is Fred and George, you met them last year. This is Ron, he’s in the year with Harry, and this is Ginny our only daughter. Oh and this is Molly, my wife,” he swelled up with pride just telling someone who they were especially since Uncle Vernon didn’t know them already unlike everyone in the wizarding world.

“Hello Molly,” Uncle Vernon said as he stretched out his hand.

Mrs. Weasley shook his hand and said, “Hello Mr. Dursley! We’ve heard so much about you and your family!” Uncle Vernon must of thought that these were good things and began to swell with pride. “Thank you for letting Harry come and stay with us! We’ll make sure that he gets all his supplies and gets off to school safely! Do you mind if we come in?”

“The house isn’t clean, you can’t come in!” Uncle Vernon said as he began shaking again. This was a very stupid comment seeing as the house is always clean.

“Well ok then, I’ll just go in and help Harry get his things,” Mr. Weasley said and helped himself inside. “Show me where everything is Harry!”

I grinned and led the way up to my room. “Sorry I don’t have everything packed, I didn’t know you were coming tonight…”

“That’s ok! Here I’ll pack for you!” he turned and muttered something and all my clothes flew into the trunk, a little haphazardly, but it was in there. “Sorry, Molly’s really good for this… Ok get your books and let’s go!”

I lifted the floorboard and got out my books and the cookies that Hermione sent me. I grabbed Hedwig’s cage and carried everything downstairs, followed by Mr. Weasley and my trunk. When we arrived back to the front door, Mrs. Weasley was talking to Aunt Petunia. When Aunt Petunia saw us, she said that we better be going and shooed us away. Without saying bye she shut the door and turned the porch light off.

“Well. I’m sorry to say this Harry, but your Aunt isn’t very nice,” Mrs. Weasley snapped. I nodded and laughed. I walked over to the trunk of the car and started to put Hedwig’s cage in when I noticed that she was perched on top of the car.

“You can go and hunt tonight if you want, but I’ll be at the Weasley’s till school,” I said and she gave a reproving hoot and flew away.

“Here Harry, you dropped this.”

I turned around and saw Ginny, she was blushing and holding a pair of my underwear. I blushed too. “Thanks Gin,” I said as I quickly reached out and grabbed it from her, brushing her fingers as I did so. I pulled back quickly because it felt like a wave of electricity had shot through my veins, and it looked as she had felt it too because she had also pulled back suddenly. We were staring at each other until I heard a ‘Let’s go’ from Mr. Weasley and I quickly opened my trunk and threw the underwear in it. We went and got in the car, and again this car had an engorgement charm on the inside because Fred, George, Ron, Ginny, and me were sitting in the backseat. I got to sit next to Ginny on the way and for some reason my hands kept sweating and I felt very uncomfortable and had to keep fidgeting every few seconds.

Finally after what seemed like an eternity, we arrived at the Burrow. Fred and George volunteered to get my things and Ron had to run and get some things from the garden for supper, so I had to walk with Ginny to the house. I felt myself start to sweat again and I stopped to look at some flowers so Ginny could get in front of me so I could try and figure out what was going on, but she stopped and asked what I was doing.

“This flower umm, caught my attention,” I said stupidly. She laughed and she leaned to look at the flower too. She brushed my arm and I felt the electricity again, but this time I couldn’t help but reach for her hand. Surprisingly, she let me hold it and she moved even closer. I was surprised by my sudden actions, but it made me realize why my hands were sweaty every time I got near Ginny. She was looking at me as if she expected me to say something but instead I looked away and looked at the flower. I felt her turn my face to look at her and she was getting close. Very close…


A/N: This is my first story so far and I hope you like it! Please review!