Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Pureblood Princess by softballrulz6

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
“Wake up!”

“My head!” I grunted as I grabbed my head, “It hurts so bad!”

“Well you probably have a hangover, Harry!” snapped whoever was standing at the door. I rolled over to see who it was but I closed my eyes as soon as I saw the light coming from the doorway.

“Who are you?” I shouted. I heard footsteps coming towards me and then a “SMACK- “What was that for? And who are you?” I whined as rubbed my face where they slapped me.

“Harry, it’s me, can’t you tell?” shouted a girl’s voice.

“Ginny?”

“Yeah me! What the heck did you drink last night?” Ginny shouted even louder.

“All I drank was the butterbeer Lupin gave me!” I shouted back.

“BULL!”

“Bull? I swear that’s all I had! Please stop yelling at me!” I whined as I grabbed my pillow and held it against my ears. Ginny grabbed my pillow and chunked it across the room.

“You want me to stop yelling? You need some punishment for what you did last night!” Ginny screamed even louder, finally collapsing on my bed as she started to cry. “Our relationship was supposed to be a secret! Why did you have to do that?” Hearing her cry like a little kid crushed me and caused me to finally open my eyes. The pain from my hangover suddenly ceased but it was instantly put into my heart. I grasped my chest but seeing her crying because of something I did made me reach out and begin to brush my hands through her hair, hoping it would make her feel better.

“Don’t you dare touch me! After what you did last night, WE ARE THROUGH!” She half screamed, half cried as she grabbed my hands and threw them back at me, making me bump my head against the headboard and making the pain return to my head. I looked at her in disbelief. What did I do? All I remember is dancing and eating cake!

“Don’t look at me like you didn’t do anything! You know what you did and because of it, we’re THROUGH!” She shouted as she jumped up and ran downstairs.

I stared at where she disappeared hoping she would come back and explain what she was talking about. I laid back down and tried to remember what all happened last night. All that came to mind was saying hi to everyone and then… Sirius… The memories came flooding back of what had happened to him in the U.S. What is he going to do? I mean look at him, he was already sad for having to stay inside a little bit and now he can’t go out at all!

“Good morning, Harry.”

I figured it was Ginny again, and her mother made her come up here and apologize since she probably heard what was said earlier. “Good morning. Look about this morning; I’m sorry. But I really don’t know what I did last night and so would you please forgive me?” I continued to look at the covers on my bed and then I felt someone sit on the end of the bed.

“I forgive you because you didn’t know and you couldn’t control it either. Lupin told me everything,” she said in a very motherly apologetic tone. For the first time, I looked up and my jaw dropped. It was Mrs. Weasley. “I still sound like a young girl, don’t I?” she laughed, “But Lupin did tell me that he gave you some firewhiskey to help you feel a little bit better and maybe forget what Sirius had told you. What he didn’t expect was that you would get that drunk. I mean you were drunk almost instantly and then you did some things that I came up here to tell you about.” After saying this, she sighed as if she would be happy not to tell me.

“Um… Is it bad?” I asked. She nodded. “Is it real bad?” I questioned hoping that she would shake her head and say ‘it’ll be okay’ but that wasn’t the case.

She sighed again before continuing, “Well it really upset Ginny, what you did was bad. Well it was bad to do in front of a whole bunch of people, anyway,” she paused once more and my heart began to pound. “Well it started out with just you two dancing and then you looked funny and you two began to dance closer and wilder. People began to ask you, ‘What’s wrong Harry?’ And you’d just say ‘Who’s Harry?’ After some very wild dancing, you and Ginny were snogging in the corner. Very wildly, must I admit. Finally I made you two separate,” she finally quit and looked me in the eye.

It felt like my stomach had just fell out and I was about to cry. I have never even given Ginny a kiss on the cheek in front of anyone before, let alone make out with her in front of about fifty or more people! ‘I’m sorry,’ was all I could muster at the moment and I thought she would get up and leave but instead she added more things to list of my devious acts.

“Harry I hate to tell you this but, you also did something else, too. Luckily we stopped you before something really serious could happen,” she took a deep breath to prepare herself for what she was going to say and continued, “You snuck and found Ginny and began to dance, again. Dirtily, might I add. This time instead of just making out with her, you had taken off her shirt and was… kissing her chest.” She took another deep breath and continued, “You had her pants halfway off before Lupin stopped you.”

We sat in silence for what seemed like forever and then I choked, “Where were we?”

“You two were on the dance floor, I just think that everyone was in shock and didn’t react or something because normally Professor McGonagall wouldn’t watch someone do that,” Mrs. Weasley sighed. Professor McGonagall! She saw that?

Mrs. Weasley let me sit and let it all sink in before she said it was almost time to go to the King’s Cross. After she left the room I got up and went to the bathroom, put on some muggle clothes, and packed my trunk. I left it in Ron’s room because Fred and George volunteered to levitate it to the car since they are now of age. I walked downstairs and saw everyone sitting at the table. Everyone except Ginny looked up. Hermione and Ron muttered ‘good morning’ unexcitedly so I assumed they heard the shouting match this morning. I walked over and sat next to Mr. Weasley who half-smiled and continued to read the Daily Prophet.

“Time to go everyone!” ordered Mrs. Weasley as she came in with Ginny’s things floating behind her. Everyone stood simultaneously and walked to the car. Once again, there was an engorgement charm on it so everyone and their things could fit. I hopped in the car and found that Ginny was sitting up front with her parents. On the way, no one said anything and the radio was broken so it seemed like forever before we arrived at the King’s Cross.

Finally we made it to the barrier, ten minutes before the train was suppose to leave. After everyone made it through the barrier, Mrs. Weasley gave everyone a hug and kiss wishing everyone good luck.

“You all better go!” Mrs. Weasley said as she ushered all the red-haired kids on the train. “Harry, can I talk to you before you get on the train?” she asked. I nodded and followed her so we were by ourselves. “Look, I haven’t told Ginny about Lupin giving you the firewhiskey, and I thought that it would be better if you told her,” she paused and looked to see if I was paying attention and then continued, “I also thought that it should be you to tell her about Snuffles.” I nodded and looked down at my shoes. Suddenly, Mrs. Weasley had me in a tight motherly hug. “Best of luck!”



Since Ron and Hermione had to go to the prefects’ compartment, I figured I’d try to find Ginny. I saw Luna and I figured she would know where Ginny was so I stopped to talk to her.

“Hey Luna!” I said, trying to sound cheery. She looked up and waved. “Have you seen Ginny?” I expected her to just say yeah and where she was, but instead she frowned.

“I heard what you did at a party last night. You know it really upset her and she was crying in the last compartment on the right,” she paused, readjusted her glasses and continued, “If you talk to her and she gets mad and tells you to leave, you’re welcome to sit with me.” She smiled and waved goodbye. I said thanks and headed to the last compartment at a sprint. I stopped just outside and put my ear to the door and sure enough, I heard someone crying inside. I knocked and walked in.

“Ginny! Dean!” I shouted in surprise. Ginny was sitting on Dean’s lap, not even daring to look up. The two of them readjusted and Dean stood up and took me outside the compartment, shutting the door behind him.

“I think you should leave. What you did to her was wrong and I’m not going to let you get near her so you can sweet talk her into going out with you again!” Dean snapped as he opened the compartment door again and then slammed it in my face. I just stood there in shock. She just forgot about me like that? She’s sitting in his lap! He just wants to have her all to himself! I mindlessly walked back to Luna’s compartment and sat across from her. Could this day get any worse?

“She was with Dean, wasn’t she?”

I looked up and saw Luna just sitting there with a triumphant look on her face. I nodded and looked back down at my feet. Now she’s going to rub it in my face, I wish she’d stop.

“You know what?” she didn’t pause for an answer before continuing, “She wanted you to walk in on her and Dean, to make you feel sorry for what you did.”

“Thanks for letting me know,” I replied. She just doesn’t know how sorry I am and how bad I need to talk to Ginny.

“Your welcome. Most boys are clueless about girl’s motives, so I thought I’d clue you in,” she said, trying to sound smart. I looked up and she was smiling a weird smile and then began to stare out the window. I looked back down at my feet and began to think about what exactly I was going to say when I got to talk to Ginny. Should I say sorry and then explain, or buy her something special and then explain? I asked myself, but soon my thoughts were interrupted. This time it was an excited Hermione, who had obviously blown over this morning’s shouting match.

“Guess what!? We get our own prefects bathroom!” she squealed as she jumped up and down, “and we get to boss people around!” Finally she collapsed beside Luna and sighed, thinking it was the happiest day of her life. Ron walked in and said the usual ‘hey’ and sat down beside me.

“That was the most boring meeting I’ve ever set foot in!” he said as he pulled out some sandwiches he brought from home.

“NO it was not! It was the most exciting!” Hermione snapped. The two of them argued till Hogsmede came into view. There was an ‘oh my gosh’ from Hermione as she ran out the door with her robes in hand. Luna soon walked out with her things leaving Ron and me. I had to tell him about Sirius and the firewhiskey, and what I just saw with Ginny and Dean. We were changing when Ron kind of casually asked if I had fun last night.

“Yeah, I guess. I don’t remember much…” I bit my lip and continued, “There’s something that I have to tell you.”

“If it’s the fact that you were drunk, I already know,” Ron replied almost instantly.

“No, it’s not that. Sirius told me something really important,” I paused and Ron looked at me curiously, “He told me that a wizard saw him transform while he was in Florida. They had told the President and if the President decides to tell Fudge, then he can’t leave his house at all…” I quit and sat down with my pants halfway on. Ron was just standing there, looking at me.

“So that’s why you got drunk?” he asked, thinking he had it all figured out.

“No. I thought I was drinking butterbeer. See, Lupin gave me some firewhiskey, thinking that it would let me forget what Sirius said. Instead, I totally forgot everything, and I didn’t have any idea what happened last night till your mum filled me in this morning.” I sighed and brushed my hands through my hair. Ron finally sat down and said we were in deep doo-doo. We sat there until we heard people rushing through the train. We jumped up and I pulled up my pants and we melted into the crowd. We heard Hagrid in the background calling for the first years as we ambled on to the horseless carriages.

We sat with Neville on the ride. Finally we got there and we melted into the crowd once again.

“Harry, Ron!”

We wheeled around and saw Lupin. Why is he here at Hogwarts? Our expressions must have asked this questions for us because Lupin laughed and said, “I’m a substitute teacher until Dumbledore finds a permanent Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher!” Then he got serious, “I need to talk to you two along with Hermione and Ginny. Have you seen them?” We shook our heads. “Oh well, I’ll just tell Dumbledore to send them before the sorting… You two follow me up to my office,” Lupin replied as he headed up the stairs. We rounded the last corner before we made it to Lupin’s office and we ran into Ginny and Dean.

“I’m sorry if I’m interrupting something here, but I need to talk to Miss Ginny in my office please,” Lupin ordered, almost cracking a smile. The two of them broke apart from their snogging session and blushed. Dean muttered ‘sorry’ and ran past us towards the Great Hall.

“Ginny Weasley! What the bloody hell were you thinking?” shouted Ron as he jumped and waved his arms in her face.

“Settle down, you can resolve this after I talk to you all,” Lupin interrupted as he unlocked his office door. “Go in and have a seat, Hermione should be up here any minute.” We all obeyed and sat down, Ginny sat next to Ron. While we were waiting Ron continued to get on to Ginny about snogging Dean. I didn’t listen. I didn’t care about Ginny snogging Dean. Actually I didn’t listen because it bothered me too much.

“Ok everyone, there is some truth needing to be told,” Lupin started. I looked around and saw Hermione sitting next to me. I guess I didn’t see her walk in… “Ok it’s about last night. If Harry hasn’t told you the story yet, I’m going to fill you in,” Lupin stopped abruptly and looked at Ginny, who popped a bubble. She was in the middle of blowing another one when Lupin said ‘excuse me.’

“What? I don’t need to hear Harry’s story. He got drunk last night and then he did what he did. It’s all his fault, no one made him drink. So as you might guess, I broke up with him and I’m now going out with Dean,” Ginny snapped as she went back to popping her gum.

“I think that you’re the one who needs to hear this the most, so stop blowing bubbles and listen or I’m taking points from Gryffindor,” Lupin said in a calm fatherly tone. Ginny quit with an unhappy look on her face. “ As you all know, Sirius was present at the party last night,” he paused and we nodded, “He told Harry some disturbing news. He was vacationing in Florida when someone saw him transform. Just so happen, this man was a wizard.”

“What? A wizard saw Sirius transform? I bet that was gross!” Hermione shrieked as she thought back to last year.

Lupin nodded and continued, “This man reported it to the American Wizard President so if they let Cornelius know, then Sirius has to stay inside even more than he does now. No need to worry about him feeling too cramped, I’m working on a whole floor of my house just for him to live in. Once I finish it, he’ll stay with me until it blows over.” Lupin let it all sink in before he added, “I’m having house elves bring up some food since you all are missing the feast.”

“House elves? You they are mistreated and abused?” Hermione shrieked at the mention of house elves. Ron muttered ‘not again’ and Hermione shrieked even louder at that. “NOT AGAIN? You know that no matter how many times I tell people about how they’re mistreated, they just blow it over! Maybe one day someone will notice my efforts to make house elves free!”

“I notice Miss Granger!” squealed Dobby who had been standing there for Hermione’s whole speech. “They asked if one of us could take food to Harry Potter and his friends so I agreed at once!” Dobby walked over and sat the food on Lupin’s desk. “I hope you enjoy your meal! Please stop by the kitchens any time you please Mister Harry Potter sir,” Dobby said as he turned and walked out.

“Well I’ll leave you four here to eat, while I go get ready for the lesson tomorrow,” Lupin said cheerily as he also got up and walked out the door. We stuffed our faces while the plate magically refilled every time we cleared it.

“Ron and I have to escort the Gryffindor first years to the common room so we have to go, see you two later!” Hermione squealed as she jumped up and ran out the door. Ron just sat there until she came back in and told him to hurry up. He got up and waved goodbye before heading to his doom and Hermione’s dream. I waved and just looked at the floor and drank some pumpkin juice. Maybe Ginny won’t yell at me tonight.

“Harry”

I looked towards Ginny, she was crying again but she was silent. I tried to choke out ‘what?’ but it ended up being “err?” Ginny actually giggled when I said that, but she still had tears pouring down her face.

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have accused of just getting drunk for fun,” she said as she wiped tears off her face. I thought about this for a second, I didn’t know what to say. I figured she wouldn’t forgive me so soon.

“Well I didn’t get drunk on purpose. Actually I didn’t even know that I drank some firewhiskey,” I finally replied stupidly. I laughed because I thought it was stupid not to know you drank something totally different from the usual butterbeer.

“What? How could you not know?” hissed Ginny. Her eyes narrowed, but her face still glistened from her fresh tears.

“Lupin gave it to me.”

“Stop blaming everything on him! Don’t you think that he would have said something to me about it if he did?” Ginny yelled as she stood up and bent over me, her tears dripping onto my face.

“But he did give it to me, he told me it would make me feel better,” I replied looking towards the ground because I was afraid of getting her tears in my eyes.

“I wish you would quit telling me lies!” Ginny cried as she bolted towards the door and turned towards me before she left and then she just ran out the door slamming it so I could remember it forever like all the mornings I had spent with her at the Burrow…