Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Pureblood Princess by softballrulz6

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Monday

“Wake up! It’s the first day of classes!” squealed Hermione. I rolled over and saw a bushy haired girl standing between Ron’s bed and mine. I looked at my watch and it said 7:30.

“What? Hermione, it’s 7:30!” I whined, hoping she would leave so I could get another hour’s worth of sleep.

“Ron and I have prefect duties!” snapped Hermione, obviously getting tired of my laziness.

“Nuh-uh! I haven’t heard anything about it!” said Ron. His eyes were still closed and drool was dripping from his mouth.

Hermione must have just looked at him for the first time and squealed, “Ron! Wipe your face!” He pulled his sleeve over his hand and wiped it across his face, just smearing his drool. “You are so disgusting!” Hermione hissed as she walked to the door, “I’ll be waiting for Ron down stairs.”



“See you at breakfast, Harry,” Ron halfway said as he walked out the door behind Hermione. I waved and walked back upstairs and grabbed my backpack and my invisibility cloak. I was walking down the stairs when I saw Ginny sitting by the empty fireplace.

“You know, they need to light a fire on mornings like this,” I joked, hoping it would make her look up, but she kept staring at the fireplace. I walked over to her and sat in the chair closest to her. “Good morning,” I stated hoping she would at least acknowledge my presence. She nodded her head in a hello like manner, which was a start. I should explain…

“Look about last night, I was telling the truth,” I was starting to feel desperate and was about to go on and on, but she actually looked up. I found her eyes this time and I repeated what I said last night, “Lupin did give it to me, he told me it would make me feel better.” Ginny’s face lightened and the corner of her mouth twitched. She opened her mouth and was about to tell me something but suddenly someone started shouting.

“GET AWAY FROM HER!” It was Dean. “What did I tell you on the train? Stay away from her!” he had run down the stairs and was now in my face. “All you do is hurt her! Can’t you just let her be?” he grabbed Ginny’s hand and led her out the common room door, but just before she walked out she looked in my direction. Making sure no one was looking, I put on my invisibility cloak and walked out behind them.
“I’ll make sure he doesn’t bother you anymore, ok?” Dean was saying to Ginny as he slipped his arm around her waist. She flinched but he didn’t seem to notice. “I said ‘ok?’” Dean repeated, but she still didn’t answer him. I caught up with them and was walking silently behind them so I could hear everything. “Gin, what’s wrong?” this time he moved his hand from her waist to her butt and gently squeezed it. She flinched again, but he didn’t notice. He continued to walk with his hand clamped onto her butt until he reached an unused classroom. “Let’s go in, I’ll make you feel better,” Dean said as he pulled her inside. I slipped inside behind them just before he closed the door.

He led her over to the teacher’s unused desk and set her on it as he began to kiss her. She pulled away and said ‘stop’ but he just kept going. He forced her to lie down as he crawled on top of her. Ginny didn’t fight back, but didn’t she let him on, she just laid there helplessly. He took off her cloak, flung it across the room, and began to unbutton the blouse she had on. Finally she realized what he was doing, and she pushed him, but she just collapsed under his weight. He paused, “C’mon, I know you want to.” He didn’t wait for an answer but began to kiss her neck and work his way down toward her chest.

I need to stop him! She doesn’t want to do it! I took out my wand and tried to think of a spell to use… I whispered, “Wingardium Leviosa Dean.” He lifted up and he cursed and reached for Ginny’s almost naked body, but he was too high in the air. I jabbed my wand towards the wall behind him and he flew that direction, hitting the wall and falling to the floor. He wasn’t moving, but he was ok so I took off my invisibility cloak and rushed over to Ginny.

“Are you alright?” I asked. She was sitting on the edge of the desk, not bothering to button her blouse. She stared at me with wonder then nodded. I then went over to the corner of the classroom and picked up her cloak, bringing it back to her. When I returned it to her, she had buttoned her blouse and she just sat the cloak next to her.

“Thank you so much,” she whispered, “I’m so sorry I blamed you for what happened.” She wrapped her arms around my neck, and pulled me into a kiss. This is what I had wanted, to be with Ginny again, but for some reason it didn’t feel right. I pulled away and she just sighed and stood up, inches from me. I wanted to put my arm around her and kiss her until I couldn’t anymore, but it just wasn’t right. She turned away and put her cloak back on, before walking over to Dean.

“I think we might need to take him to the hospital wing,” she sighed as she kicked him in the shin. I nodded when she looked in my direction, but then she said, “On second thought, let’s just leave him. He deserves it.” She turned to me and laughed before we headed to the Great Hall together.



Heads turned our direction when we walked in. We didn’t pay any attention; we just walked over and sat down with Ron and Hermione. I began to pile some toast on my plate, when I looked up. Both Ron and Hermione were staring at us in disbelief.

“Have you never seen me Ron, or are you just stupid,” snapped Ginny as she got some oatmeal from a bowl. Ron just scowled and looked at his food.

“What happened? I thought you two were mad at each other!” Hermione said, still staring at us.

“No, it was just a misunderstanding. No biggy,” Ginny smiled and continued to eat. I laughed for the first time in a few days. I felt kind of nervous, being with Ginny for the first time in public. Or the first time I was sober in public with her. Soon we finished eating and Professor McGonagall handed out our schedules. I had History of Magic, double Potions, Divination, and double Defense Against the Dark Arts.

“Well this ruins my day,” I said offhandedly.

“Well it’ll be alright,” Ginny said as she reached for my hand. It was weird, showing affection in front of other people, even if it was just Ron and Hermione. I looked over to the two of them, they were sitting kind of close, and Ron seemed happy even though he had the same schedule as me.

“Well we better be going,” Hermione said as she stood up, followed by Ron. “You’re walking Ginny to class, right?” she asked looking at me. I nodded and the two of them left. Ginny and I sat there for a few more minutes, just holding hands and enjoying our time alone.

“Well we better go,” sighed Ginny, “I have Defense Against the Dark Arts first.” I stood up and released her hand, so no one else could see, but she reached for it again. We walked hand in hand out of the Great Hall. Everyone seemed to stop eating and look our direction but as soon as we walked out, there was a tremendous amount of whispering. We headed up stairs towards DADA, but Ginny stopped right before we got there. She turned towards me and took my other hand in hers. She backed up and went behind a curtain that had a room behind it.

“So what are you doing after dinner tonight?” Ginny asked as she pulled me closer.

“I believe I was going to ask a certain someone if she would like to have a date,” I said as I wrapped my arms around her waist.

“Oh really? Is she pretty?” Ginny asked as she laughed a little bit and wrapped her arms around my neck.

“Actually, she’s quite beautiful. I think she’s smart too,” I teased.

“Oh she is. I guess I’m not a candidate,” Ginny sighed.

“I thought you were the perfect candidate. I also thought it’d be cool to meet you by the common room around eight,” I smiled.

“Ok then I guess it’s a date!” laughed Ginny.



I walked into History of Magic right before the bell rang. I went and sat down in my usual seat. I looked over and Hermione and Ron were missing. Where could those to be? They left before I did!

“Good morning everyone!” said Professor Binns. This was the one thing he said once a year that wasn’t boring. I actually jumped because I wasn’t use to it. “Ok class, take out your quill and paper.” I reached in my bag and grabbed my things and set it on my desk. “Today we’re going to talk about Goblin wars. We’re starting back in 1942,” Binns said. I wrote ‘Goblin wars’ at the top of my page and paid attention to what he was saying. I was writing something about a war in 1960 when someone opened the classroom door.

“I’m sorry Professor, but Professor Dumbledore had to talk to me and Ron about prefect duties,” muttered Hermione as she ran to her seat beside me and sat down, followed by Ron. Professor Binns just looked at the two of them in disgust. No one has ever interrupted his class besides three years ago. Finally he just went on about Goblin wars.

“You’re taking notes?” whispered Hermione as she labeled her paper smiling. I nodded and wrote down some more things on wars. Finally class was over when he got to 1991.

“Man, I never thought he’d quit talking,” muttered Ron as he was walking sleepily out of Binns class.

“Not like you were listening,” snapped Hermione, “Harry, on the other hand took notes and paid attention so he can help you with your homework tonight instead of me.”

“I like you helping me with my homework, I know it’s right when you do it,” whined Ron. Hermione just rolled her eyes and kept walking.

The rest of the day continued like that, me taking notes and paying attention. Snape actually didn’t snap at me so much today during Potions because I was behaving so well. Maybe I should try being a good student all the time! Even though I stayed awake all through my classes, the day passed quickly. I actually did all my homework before Ginny found me in the library.



A/N: Sorry for the wait. Basketball started up and homecoming was last week, so I was kind of busy... Next chapter should come sooner! It's almost done anyways!