Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Pureblood Princess by softballrulz6

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Over the next month, we acted as if nothing happened to me. I started to call everyone by the name that I usually did. I still paid attention in class and took notes everyday, but the teachers didn’t seem to notice the difference. Actually all the fifth years were taking notes in almost every class, well except for Binns’ class. Ron and Hermione started to act like a couple now, instead of trying to hide it; Lavender and Parvati had a field day with that one. Everything seemed perfect once again, but Quidditch starts today and Angelina is the captain.


Saturday 2:00 (Quidditch practice)

After dressing, we headed outside to the field. There was Fred, George, Angelina, Katie and Alicia from last year. Also Ron, Ginny, and two other Gryffindors were there for Keeper tryouts.

“Ok everyone, let’s get started,” Angelina started, “We’re in need of a new keeper so I believe I need to take names.” She pulled out some paper and clipboard. “Please state your names and what year you’re in please.”

“Geoffrey Hooper, third.” Stated one of the two Gryffindors I didn’t know.

“Ron Weasley, fifth,” Ron said, almost jumping up and down with excitement.

“Ginny Weasley, fourth,” Ginny said with confidence.

“What about you? You want to try out, right?” Angelina snapped at the little girl standing behind everyone else.

“Yes… My name is Kristin…” the little girl said slowly, then with more energy, “Kristin Smith, second year.”

“Ok then I want you four to fly around the stadium once, please.” Angelina commanded. Everyone nodded and took off, except for Kristin. Angelina didn’t say anything, thinking she was afraid to fly, but when the others made it a quarter of the way around the stadium, she took off. Her dark brown hair was flying behind her, and she passed everyone by the time they got halfway through. She landed with ease and waited for the others to land.

“Ok, that was impressive everyone,” Angelina said, trying to hide her pleasure. “Now I want Ron to start out at the hoops while the rest of us try to score on him.” Ron nodded and took off towards the three hoops closest to him. We all followed Angelina out in front of Ron.

“We’re going to start out far away and work our way towards you,” Angelina called. Ron nodded and geared himself to block the balls. Angelina chunked a ball towards the left hoop and Ron glided that way and caught it. Next Fred threw one right towards him, Ron caught it but almost fumbled it. This continued until we were about three yards away from the goal posts. Katie chunked one to the right hoop, but Ron when towards the left one. After his mistake Angelina called Ginny up to the hoops.

“Let’s go Ginny!” I called as I threw one softly to the left hoop. She easily caught it.

“Don’t be so easy on me, Harry!” Ginny called as she chunked the ball back to me. I laughed as George threw the next one, and she easily caught it. Overall she did well, only missing two up close. Next was Geoffrey. He did well, but missed four because he couldn’t hold on to the ball. He complained every two seconds about someone’s throw or just something stupid. Then it was Kristin. We chunked balls at her for the longest time; she never missed one. Each catch was perfect and she made it look easy.

“Take that,” Katie screamed as she hauled one towards the right hoop, but it made a sudden turn and went left. Kristin caught it, no problem.

“Ok everyone that’s enough for now,” Angelina said as she turned and flew to the ground. “That was a good practice, everybody,” She turned to the four newcomers, “I narrowed it down to two of you. I would like Ginny and Kristin to come to practice next Saturday. Then I’ll choose which one gets to be the Keeper.”

After we changed, I went with Fred and George to the kitchens to get something to eat. I brought up and extra butterbeer to Ginny.

“I hate her,” was all Ginny said when I handed her drink to her.

“Who?” I asked. Ginny hating someone was new to me, or hating someone besides Malfoy.

“That Kristin girl.”

“Why? She did pretty well flying today.”

“Exactly. If it wasn’t for her, I would have blown Ron and that other kid away,” Ginny said as she crossed her arms. We were sitting on the couch in the common room across from Ron and Hermione who were having a snog fest.

“What?” demanded Ron as he let go of Hermione.

“I said I would have blown you away if it wasn’t for that Kristin girl,” snapped Ginny.

“Would not! Angelina just thought there needed to be more girls on the team, that’s all,” Ron argued.

“Sure she did. Maybe it’s just because I’m better than you,” Ginny snapped. This went on for what seemed like forever. Finally Hermione suggested we get something to eat, so we walked to the Great Hall.

“Potter’s place is getting taken by a girl!”

What? Who is taking my place, in what? Everyone turned and stared. Malfoy got up and walked over in front of me, with Crabbe and Goyle by his side.

“Didn’t you hear me, Potter?” Malfoy asked. I was about to say something, but he continued. “I said, ‘Potter’s place is getting taken by a girl!’”

“Who is taking my place, and what place are they taking?” I asked. Malfoy just smirked and enjoyed knowing something I didn’t.

“The word that’s going around is that some second year is taking your place as seeker.”

“What? Who?”

“Some Kristin girl.”

“She tried out for Keeper today.”

“But she left as Seeker.”

“No, she did not!” I screamed. Everyone continued to stare, and Malfoy just laughed and walked away as Kristin walked my way. She must had have already taken her shower, because her hair was down and she had on nice clothes. Her sweater fit tightly around her, showing off her upper torso and her jeans seemed tight. She stopped right in front of me and swept her hair from her face, tucking it behind her ear. Her face was perfect, no flaws, no freckles, no anything. She smiled shyly and blushed a little bit because I was studying her.

“I’m sorry if I caused all this,” Kristin said, still smiling. “I think you did good at practice today, but I can’t wait till next Saturday. I’m kind of nervous about it.”

“I’m sure you didn’t cause anything,” I said apologetically. “Thank you, you did well today too. Don’t worry about it, everything will be fine.”

“I’m sorry to interrupt, but I’m hungry and he’s my boyfriend so we’re going to go eat now,” snapped Ginny as she grabbed my arm and led me to the table. Kristin kept standing there until I looked her way. She smiled and waved before walking out the door.

“I wish she’d just fall over and die,” Ginny said as she turned to Hermione, expecting her to agree.

“I think she’s hot!” said Ron smiling, as he continued to look where Kristin had disappeared.

“Ugh! Ron!” shrieked Hermione as she slapped him on the arm.

“What? Oh sorry…” Ron mumbled blushing. He should be a blonde instead of a redhead.

Ginny was sitting beside me, silently eating her food. She was wearing on of her sweaters Mrs. Weasley made. It must have been a few years old because it was tight and Mrs. Weasley always made her sweaters gigantic. It was maroon and it emphasized her red hair, making her even more beautiful than before. She swept her hair from her face, and turned to face me. She smiled and took my hand in hers. She was mesmerizing; there was a sparkle in her eye that I only saw when she was with me. She was unfazed by guys that would tell her she’s pretty and that they were the only ones who really loved her. She was perfect for me, and that would never change.


A/N: This isn't my favorite chapter, but the next one is! Please tell me what you think. This is my first story so I'd like to hear what you think is bad and what you think is good so I can try to fix it in later chapters!