Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Pureblood Princess by softballrulz6

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
During the past week I’ve seen Kristin almost everywhere I go. Maybe I just never noticed her before and I notice her now, that or she’s following me. Today Ginny and Kristin return to Quidditch practice and they’re going to fight it out to see who is going to be the Keeper. I’m dreading this, because if Ginny doesn’t make it then she’ll be ever madder than before. Also, tonight is going to be our first official date. We’re going to be by ourselves rather than with Ron and Hermione. I’m planning something really romantic and I want her to remember tonight’s date forever.



“Alright team, listen up!” shouted Angelina. “We’re all going to practice our regular positions today, to see which one of these girls will blend with us better,” she continued as she motioned towards Ginny and Kristin. “I’m going to release the snitch a few minutes before we begin and then I’ll release a bludger.”

“Why just one?” asked Fred from behind Kristin.

“Well I don’t feel like putting up two bludgers after practice, so just one,” Angelina snapped as she released the snitch. I watched it buzz around everyone’s head and then take off towards the Gryffindor fan section. Ron and Hermione come to watch along with a few other Gryffindors. My adrenaline was pumping, just like before a game. My heart seemed to pound in my ear, causing me not to hear what Angelina was saying. I left the ground along with everyone else. Kristin flew to one end, and Ginny to the other. Both of them looked prepared. The plan was to go from one end to the other, passing the quaffle back and forth while Fred and George kept the bludger from hitting anyone and I looked for the snitch.

I flew high above anyone else and just watched instead of looking for the snitch; I figured I could find it later. First everyone went in Ginny’s direction, throwing the ball to the right hoop. Ginny easily caught it and tossed it to Alicia. The three chasers weaved to the other end where they threw to the left hoop. Kristin caught it and tossed it to Katie. This went on for a little while until Kristin started to do fancy stuff.

First when they threw the quaffle to the right hoop, she caught and spun it on her finger before tossing it to Angelina. Ginny loved competition, so when she caught it, she spun it on her finger and rolled it across her arms before throwing it to Katie. Next Kristin caught it and pretended to drop it, before catching it with her feet. Ginny’s face was turning red, as she caught the next one, sat sideways on her broom and kicked it to Alicia. Each one pulled a stunt better than the last one each time until Angelina blew the whistle and motioned for everyone to land.

“Good job everyone. I expect to see more next practice. I’m still undecided about which one to be Keeper so just come back next Saturday,” Angelina started. I looked over and saw Ginny’s face wrinkle in disgust, she was suppose to come out on top. Actually both of them did about the same. “Whichever one I pick, the other is welcome to continue to practice, because next year we’ll need a few chasers.” After that we started to walk off, but Angelina called us back.

“Kristin and Ginny can leave, but I need to talk to last year’s players,” Angelina said. Kristin walked off and Ginny walked towards the stands to sit with Ron and Hermione. “Ok I need all of your opinions about which one should be Keeper.”

“Kristin,” Fred and George said in unison.

“Ginny,” I said. Katie and Alicia stayed silent.

“Ok I need an opinion that isn’t affected by how hot someone is and if they’re your girlfriend or not,” Angelina snapped.

“Well I think that they both performed well, but I think Kristin is a better flyer,” Katie said quietly. Angelina nodded before Alicia spoke.

“Kristin seems too confident. She thinks she’s superwoman. I’d prefer Ginny, she’s not cocky, but she’s competitive,” stated Alicia.

“Kristin may be cocky, but she’s a better flyer and has a better broom,” Fred reported.

“I agree with Alicia,” George said shortly. Fred shot a look at George through the corner of his eye. Now it was my turn.

“Ginny may be my girlfriend, but she’s more of a team player. I agree with what Alicia said, Kristin is too cocky. She was the one who started trying to showoff first, remember?” I said, hoping it would convince Angelina to choose Ginny if she hadn’t already.

“Ok. You all have good opinions, but I choose Ginny. That makes about forty-three percent of our team Weasleys,” Angelina stated. Fred’s jaw dropped and he was about to argue when Angelina interfered. “I’m the captain, so I made the final decision. Ginny won fair and square.” My heart jumped for joy and I wanted to run and tell Ginny, but Angelina said I had to promise not to tell.



That night was memorable, but at first it wasn’t memorable in the way I wanted it to be. I planned for us to have a light snack before walking outside by the lake, followed by a wonderful feast. Ginny and I met outside the common room. She was wearing a maroon skirt that flowed when she walked, like the wind was constantly blowing. She had on a gold sweater that fit her snugly and she carried a light jacket with her. I had decided to wear some kakis with a green sweater. She said I looked handsome, and I told her she was more beautiful than I could ever imagine. I took her by the hand and started to lead her to the Room of Requirement where we were going to have our snack, but before we turned the corner someone called our names from behind. I turned and it was Kristin.

“Hey Harry,” she said as she walked my way. She was wearing some of her tight blue jeans and a tight long-sleeve shirt that you could practically see through. She stopped when she was about a foot away and swept her hair from her face, tucking it behind her ear. “I know the team talked about who was going to be the Keeper, so I was wondering if you could come and talk to me about it. We could walk around the lake if you wanted to.”

Ginny and I were still holding hands, and here was Kristin asking if I wanted to walk around the lake with her. “I’m a little busy right now,” I said simply.

“Oh well that’s ok. Do you think we could talk later?” she asked.

“Not tonight,” I said, trying to shake her off, but she was persistent.

“Well how about tomorrow night?”

“I’ll have to get back to you on that, I’ve got to get going,” I said as I started to turn around but she put her hand on my shoulder.

“Tell me now if you can go with me tomorrow or not,” Kristin demanded.

“It all depends on if I finished all my homework, ok? I’ve got to get going so I’ll talk to you later about it, alright?” I said, not meaning to be so harsh.

“Fine. I’ll talk to you later,” Kristin said as tears welled up in her eyes and she ran back to the common room. I squeezed Ginny’s hand and walked to the Room of Requirement. Ginny was quiet all the way there, until we walked past the space three times and the door appeared.

“That girl shouldn’t try to hit on you when I’m standing right there. I informed her last week of how you’re my boyfriend and all. Maybe she just doesn’t understand,” Ginny said as we walked inside. She gasped. It was perfect. There were dim lamps around the room and a small table for two in the center of the room. Rose petals were scattered all over the floor and there were a few petals next to the candles on the table. Music was playing softly in the background, so I asked her if she wanted to dance. She agreed.

“This is so beautiful, Harry,” Ginny commented as we twirled in circles around the room.

“Just like you,” I said smiling. She giggled with embarrassment and continued to look around the room while I observed her as we danced. This continued until I glanced at my watch. It was getting close to sundown, so we needed to eat. I stopped and asked her to have a snack, by candlelight. I pulled her chair out for her then went and sat down opposite her. I glanced at the candles; wax had melted down the sides and off of the side of the candleholder, making little wax icicles. I took out my wand and mumbled the spell Hermione taught me, making the food appear on plates decorated with roses. There was an ‘ooh’ from Ginny before I picked up the simple sandwiches and began to eat.

Afterwards, Ginny placed her hand on the table as she drank her butterbeer. I reached across the table and covered her hand with mine.

“I have something for you,” I said as I handed her a maroon box across the table. She giggled and took it in her hand.

“Can I guess what it is?” she asked.

“Of course, but I won’t tell you if you guess right. You’ll just have to open it and see,” I said trying to get her to hurry so we won’t miss the next part of our date.

“Well alright, but I’m guessing twice,” Ginny giggled, “Let’s see… Is it a rose?” I didn’t say anything, just like I said I would. “Is it a bracelet?” She was closer but I still didn’t say anything, just smiled as she opened the box.

“It’s beautiful!” she shrieked as took the necklace from the box. She held it up to the candlelight, to see it more clearly. It was a silver heart embedded with seven tiny diamonds.

“Can you put it on for me?” Ginny asked, smiling wider than ever. I nodded as I stood up and took the necklace from her. She lifted her hair from neck and I slipped the necklace around her neck and fastened it. She let her hair fall as she stood up beside me. She was even more beautiful. The heart hung a little below her collarbone and it twinkled in the dim light.

“My I have this last dance?” I asked.

“Oh… it’s the last one?” Ginny asked sadly.

“For now, but there is more to come,” I said smiling. She looked me in the eye and smiled. She took my hand and we danced. It was beautiful. When the song was over, I gently pulled her into a kiss.

“We need to go,” I whispered as I kissed her again. She nodded so I took her hand and led her out the door. The hallways were starting to get dark. I looked out of a window on the way downstairs, the sun was close to setting but I still had time. After walking out onto the lawn, we walked towards the lake. The sun was turning a dark orange color making the leaves falling from the trees even more beautiful.

“Wow! I’ve never been outside at this time of day,” Ginny exclaimed. She proved me right, this will be perfect, just like her. I squeezed her hand as we walked around the lake, her hair blowing in the gentle breeze. We stopped right on target, the wind still blowing her hair. She turned, her back to the wind, causing her skirt to gently hit my legs. I laughed because it tickled, even though I was wearing kaki pants. She giggled and swept her hair from her face. I slipped my arms around her waist, pulling her closer. She giggled even more as she wrapped her arms around my neck. She ran her fingers over my neck, making me laugh.

“You know how to make me laugh,” I whispered as I gently kissed her lips. She giggled as I ran my hands up her spine.

“You’re the one who knows how to make me laugh,” Ginny giggled. She was beautiful when she laughed, her smile making her even more radiant. No wonder guys are always following her… I’m so lucky to have her in my life. I glanced towards the sun; it was close to setting. I pulled my wand from my pocket with one hand, still holding Ginny with my other. I mumbled ‘accio firebolt’ and stuck my wand back into my pocket. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw my firebolt flying towards me. It stopped right beside me.

“Would you like to go for a ride?” I asked as I waved my arm in the firebolt’s direction.

“Sounds like fun!” Ginny exclaimed as we got onto the broom. I took off, slower than normal because I didn’t want Ginny to fall. Her arms were wrapped around my waist as we flew higher and higher.

“Go faster!” cried Ginny from behind me. I leaned forward and kicked it into high gear. Ginny screamed as I went into a dive. We were inches from the ground when I finally pulled up and soared high into the air again. The sun was about to move over the mountain.

“We have to land now,” I said as gently flew to the ground. I let her get off before I did. I left my broom there as I led her to the top of the mountain. The leaves crunched beneath our feet and the breeze moved through our hair. It was magic. We reached the top of the mountain just in time. The sun turned a deep red, and slowly sank out of view. The sky turned purple, then blue.

“That was so beautiful!” exclaimed Ginny as she squeezed my hand. Her hair was a little windblown from the trip here, but she was still beautiful. Her eyes sparkled even though there was no light. I once again pulled her close to me, putting my arms around her waist, and hers around my neck.

“Ginny,” I began, “You’re perfect for me, and that will never change.”

She just blushed, and pulled my face close to hers. “You’re perfect,” she whispered before closing the gap between my lips and hers.