Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Hogwarts, Meet the Marauders! by Kelsid

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Quote of the Chapter Which Is Completely Irrelevant to the Story

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Presenter: *talking to filing cabinet* It should send you back to Blighty with a big lead.

Mr. Grayson: *from inside the filing cabinet* Oh yes, well, we're fairly confident, David.

Presenter: Well at the moment, Ludovic, you're crouching down inside a filing cabinet.

Mr. Grayson: Yes, that's right, David, I'm trying not to be seen.

Presenter: I see. Is this through fear?

Mr. Grayson: Oh no, no, it's common sense really. If they can't see you, they can't get you.

Presenter: Ha, ha, ha, but of course they can still hear you.

Mr. Grayson: Ha, ha… huh? *The filing cabinet explodes*

-Monty Python’s Flying Circus

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

HOGWARTS, MEET THE MARAUDERS

The sequel to HARRY’S OUR WHAT???

By Kelsid

Professor Dumbledore looked out of his window, surveying the scene below. A teenager with messy, dark hair stood beside two other students, laughing. In his green eyes, there was an eager look, as if the pace the conversation was unfolding at was too slow. Like the eyes of a child who had Christmas come early.

He could understand why… the two people with Harry were his parents. Come from the past in their 6th year, they had finally met Harry. They still had not found the spell to bring them back into the past, but he would eventually. Harry needed the joy in his life.

The sun was setting, and James, Lily and Harry were entering the castle again. Everything seemed picturesque… but not for long. Because what no one knew, save Moaning Myrtle, was that the Marauders had followed James and Lily. They were simply hiding, and waiting for an opportunity to corner James and Lily alone. If they didn’t kill each other first.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Sirius, you’ve got to stop singing,” Remus muttered through gritted teeth. They had, in a smart move, switched their hideout to Moaning Myrtle’s bathroom. The only downside was that Sirius was free to sing to his heart’s content, since he had the illusion he was a pop singer in the future. Remus had tried to convince him several times that not only was he probably not a singer, but why would he be, since he sucked at it? But Sirius did not take this into consideration as he belted out “Tiny Dancer.” Even worse, the only songs he’d sing were Elton John.

“Please?” Peter asked timidly, crouched against a bathroom sink. He was playing with his magic wand and rolling it in the crevices of the tiles, very bored.

Giving them both the death glare, Sirius went on to sing even louder. “BALLARIINNAAA… You should’ve seen her… dancing in the SAAAAAANDD….”

“We need to get out of here,” Remus whispered to Peter, who nodded in agreement. Moaning Myrtle, however, clapped her hands at Sirius’s performance. She, apparently, was enjoying it.

“See if anyone’s out in the hallway,” instructed Remus, ushering Peter toward the door. “If there isn’t, we can hide out in a spare classroom.”

Nodding, Peter peeked outside the door. Nobody in sight. Peter breathed a sigh of relief, when suddenly; a gaggle of girls turned the corner. Shutting the door quickly, Peter shook his head.

Remus sighed. Now they were going to be stuck in here for a long, long time. Jesus, wasn’t there someway to get out? “Peter,” he said, “try again.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

James strolled in the castle halls, watching the candlelight flicker on the wall. Everything seemed to be a dream… Harry… Lily actually liking him… Remus old… Lucius Malfoy had a son…

Finally, James realized he had reached the door to Remus’s classroom. He should probably be in bed at the boy’s dormitory, not wandering around the castle, but…

Entering quietly, he found Remus writing on a piece of paper, frowning slightly. He looked busy. James was about to exit as silently as he entered, when Remus looked up and gave a smile.

“Sit down. I was almost finished with this anyway.”

James did as he was told, seating himself across from Remus. Finally, the older man put down his pen and smiled kindly.

“So, you had a long talk with Harry, I hope?”

“Yeah.” James sighed, eyes going dreamy again. “He’s really… well… It’s weird. You know, he’s my kid. And I’m technically just a kid. But it’s just that I feel... like…” He moved his arms in large gestures, trying to explain. “Well, you know. You’ve got to have kids.”

Giving another small smile (he did that a lot, James noticed,) Remus shook his head. “No. No kids.”

“Wife?” James prompted, waggling eyebrows suggestively.

“No.”

“Engaged?”

“Not that I know of.”

“In love?”

“Now what kind of question is that?”

“Fine,” James admonished, and crossed his arms. “You’re very boring, do you know that?”

“Yes.”

“Hmm. Well, then, there’s nothing I can do. Moony- what’s Harry been doing?”

Remus’s head shot up. “I beg your pardon,” he said evenly.

“Doing… as in, like, we’re dead. So who did Harry end up living with? I’m probably guessing Sirius, Peter or you… or maybe mum and dad,” James clarified, waiting.

At first, Remus seemed to ponder. Then finally, he said, “I think… I think I shouldn’t tell you that. You’ll figure out on your own, if you’re here long enough.”

James nodded. “Sure.”

“You know, James,” Remus said, putting the paper down on the table, “I’ve almost forgotten what you were like.”

“Oh, no! Forgotten what I was like? How on earth did you live?” James cried, putting hand on forehead in a very Draco Malfoy-ish way.

Remus had a hint of a smile on his face. “It wasn’t that hard, actually. You see-”

At that moment, the door burst open. Remus and James nearly jumped out of their chairs, turning to see who it was. Or rather, who the people were.

Two red-head men walked in, laughing. “Hey, Professor Moony!” called George, smiling widely, “You were right! Madam Pince really DID kick Sirius! You should have seen her face- she was completely paranoid when we asked her the question…”

“I don’t remember Madam Pince kicking Sirius,” said James, frowning slightly.

“Err… That’s because you’re here,” Remus explained, wincing.

“Who’s here?”

“Harry’s here? Hey Harry! Sirius was pretty cool.”

“I’m not Harry,” James replied automatically.

“You’re not Harry?”

“No, he’s Harry,” Remus cut in desperately. “He’s just...” Remus frantically racked his brain for something, anything. “Playing… opposite day…” he finished weakly.

Fred and George exchanged knowing smiles. “I loved when we had opposite day,” Fred sighed, placing a hand over his heart. “We could call McGonagall a hot mama, and then, of course, after she got really pissed, we’d tell her that it’s opposite day. Well, she’d still get mad because opposite of hot isn’t actually a compliment.”

“Best detention I ever got,” George remembered, sighing loudly.

“Oh, yeah,” James said, trying to cover up for his mistake. “It IS opposite day, that’s why I said I wasn’t Harry.”

Remus added some not-so-heartfelt laughter to make it seem more believable. “Ha, ha, ha… Oh, Harry… you’re such a joker.”

Fred frowned deeply. “Hold on a second… if Harry just said he is Harry, then he’s not Harry.”

“Yes, but before, didn’t he say he wasn’t Harry?” Remus desperately said, trying to salvage James’s true identity.

“Really, I’m not Harry,” James said nervously.

“Ah! You said you weren’t, so you are,” George crowed in triumph.

“No, no! I mean, I am Harry! I am! I just forgot…” James cried, realizing what a mess he had made.

“You forgot? Well, then you mean you didn’t forget. You’re hiding something,” Fred accused, pointing a finger at the two tense Marauders.

“We’re not, honestly, Fred, George,” Remus said, attempting to calm the situation down.

“So you are hiding something! We’ve got them now, George,” Fred said, suddenly giving a rather evil impression.

“Fine!” James cried, cracking. “I’m not Harry! I’m James… his father… I came to future. Just stop confusing me!”

Fred and George exchanged looks. Finally, Fred spoke up. “Very good one, Harry. Trying to fool us into thinking you were your dad? As if we’d slip up and forget it was opposite day!”

The two twins then left the room, leaving Remus and James open-mouthed and very, very confused.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sirius Black was getting tired of running. Slowing down, he took a breath at the bench, and sat down obligingly. He must have run… Oh, God… fifty miles? Maybe he was exaggerating.

Lying down, he let his body relax completely. Finally, he could get some rest…

And for a moment, Sirius slipped into a peaceful sleep. Every worried thought escaped into the expansive sky above, out of his head.

The Marauders were lying in the grass, young and happy again. Sirius played with the dirt underneath his feet, while James had a piece of grass in his mouth, lounging on the ground. Peter was resting, and Remus staring at the blue sky above.

It was just the way Sirius wanted everything to be again- just the Marauders and he. In fact, he could almost hear music floating through the air… just like the kind they used to always listen to….

Wait. Sirius snapped his head up. He was hearing music. Had he finally gone insane? Giving an ear, he tried to listen harder. It really sounded like…

Jumping off the bench, Sirius ran toward the music. It was coming from a large building, an Arts Center. Seamlessly transforming into a dog, Sirius raced into the building, ignoring the indignant shouts of some passerby.

He ran to a curtained room off the side- yes, the music was getting louder… Dashing in, he stopped at the sight. Lights were on, blindingly bright, and people were cheering- a concert. For a moment, he could hardly see a thing; the stage was so overwhelmingly brilliant with light.

When he adjusted to the light, he could hardly believe his eyes. At once, he felt something spring into his heart… maybe memories. He sat down in the nearest chair, next to a child who was waving and pointing at him- “Mommy! Mommy! That man was a dog!” and listened to the music. In fact, he started to sing.

And Elton John went on pounding at the piano keys.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Peter scrabbled down the hallway, desperately looking for James and Lily. They couldn’t really be here, could they? If they were, he didn’t want to report back to Voldemort…

Rubbing his whiskers, he took a pause by Moaning Myrtle’s bathroom. He should probably go by the dorm now; it’s likely that’s where they were…

A loud creaking noise startled Peter, and he scurried into the shadow, cowering. A few moments later, his heart race relaxed. Just someone coming out of the bathroom… nothing else…

But as the rat looked up, he saw something that almost made his tiny heart stop. Because what he saw was himself. He decided that Voldemort giving him a job to spy at Hogwarts may have been a bit more interesting than he thought.

Author’s Note: Hooray! The story is finally posted! And Sirius in a dress is up... everyone applaude. I may not update as frequently, as, I have school every day except Saturday and Sunday. Strange, huh...

But one other thing that has stopped me from writing was reading my story over again- in French. Does anyone know how entertaining that is? See, if you go to MuggleNet and click on the French flag at the bottom (or the Mexican flag, or the Italian, whatever) you can get to fan fiction and read them in that language. I have spent lots of time laughing hysterically at what they translate to- For example, they literally translate Narcissa Black’s last name into black, the color, UNCAPITILIZED…

python de Monty is what the Marauders enjoy, (Yes, no capitalization on the python,) and many other tickling things. Unfortunately, my Internet browser is not working at the moment, so I cannot include other amusing excerpts.

Sorry about that Elton John and Sirius moment… I had to give that poor Marauder something to enjoy. Next chapter will be up when written, so the time range can stretch a bit, I imagine. One last question- did you like the quote? And how is the picture of Sirius? Please tell in your reviews. Thanks for taking the time to read this weird sequel… really.

One more thing... I just wrote a story called Eternal Bonds. Time travel with the Marauders, and very good, from what few reviews I've had. Check it out... please?