Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Girl Behind the Bookworm by Hermione Weasley_Ginny Potter

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: All I own in this story is the plot. I don’t own the characters or settings; they belong to J.K Rowling. So please don’t try to sue me, it’d just be a waste of time.


The Girl Behind The Bookworm: Chapter Four


Sunday, November 17th, 1997

The worst thing happened to me today. Ok, after breakfast, Ron came up to the girl’s dormitory, and he didn’t knock. He just walked in, and I happened to be wearing only my jeans and bra. For a second, he just stood there, staring at me, but then I grabbed some of the sheets from my bed and covered myself up. He stammered an apology and rushed out of the room.

RON SAW ME TOPLESS! Could my life get any worse? It’s going to be so awkward now! I can’t possibly go down to the common room and face him, after he’s seen me half naked! How? Urgh!

But I guess I have to go.


* * * Later on * * *

Wow, that was… bloody awkward. I went down, and he was sitting there frozen on the arm chair. I reached the bottom of the stairs and he jumped up.

“Hermione, I’m really sorry, I should’ve knocked “”

“Yes, you should have,” I snarled.

“Hermione! I said I was sorry! It’s not like I planned to walk in on you topless!” Ron said defensively.

THANK GOD Ron, Harry, and I were the only ones in the common room.

Harry laughed, and then said, “You walked in on her topless?”

“I was completely topless! I had my bra on!” I said. I blushed hard afterwards when I realized what I had just said. “But that’s not the point! Why did you walk in without knocking? How did you even get up there in the first place?” I prayed that the redness on my face would go down.

“Ginny stood on the stairs for me, so it wouldn’t turn into the bloody slide! And I came up there because I wanted to talk to you, is that a crime?” Ron yelled

“What could possibly be so important that you had to burst into my dormitory?”

“I needed a girl’s advice on exactly what to say to Parvati when I break up with her, and I was waiting for you but you never came down, so I went up there! But if listening to your friends is beneath you, then maybe I won’t bother!” Ron spat. He stormed off.

Ouch. That hurt. Merlin, I’m a horrible friend. When my friend comes for advice, I act all cold and don’t listen. Maybe I don’t deserve a man as good as Ron either.


Monday, November 18th, 1997

* * * Potions * * *


Ron hasn’t talked to me all day, not even during lunch. I think the only time I’ve felt worse than this was when Ron and I had that big fight during third year and we didn’t speak to each other for weeks. But this doesn’t stop me from looking at him… just because he won’t talk to me doesn’t stop he from being incredibly hot. He’s just so nice to look at. I think Harry caught me staring at him a couple times… if he did I’m never going to hear the end of it, honestly.


* * * Care of Magical Creatures * * *

I’m supposed to be drawing a unicorn and labeling it, but I’ll do that later. I still can’t help but look at Ron, and he hasn’t glanced my way once.

Wait a minute… what’s that? Ron just flicked a note to me? Hang on…

Oh. My. God. The note said:

Hermione, I need to talk to you. Meet me at the Room of Requirement at seven thirty, ok?

What does he want? Is he going to tell me about his undying love for me? Come on, don’t be stupid Hermione… he probably wants to apologize about yesterday. No, if anyone is supposed to apologize, I am! I’m the one who was being cold! Well maybe he wants to apologize about barging into my dormitory while I was changing… and then I’ll apologize about being arrogant. No… oh, I don’t know, I need to find out! Ok, I’m going to reply:

Sure, why?

I just flicked it back. He’s scribbling a reply…

I’ll tell you at seven thirty. See you there.


* * * Five o’clock * * *


Merlin, still another two and a half hours? WHY can’t time pass bloody faster? What does Ron want to talk to me about? Why won’t he just tell me? He hasn’t talked to me since the note. But if he won’t tell me until seven thirty, it’s got to be serious.

Oh dear Lord… I’ve been so stupid. He probably still wants advice on how to break it off with Parvati! Of course, that’s why he wants to talk in private! And that’s why he didn’t say it on the note, because some one could’ve found it! Well, this time I’m going to listen, and not snap at him.


* * * Six Thirty * * *

My anxiety, apparently, is obvious. Harry noticed! Why am I so obvious sometimes?

“‘Mione, are you all right?” he asked cautiously.

“Yeah, why wouldn’t I be?” I answered rather lamely.

“I don’t know you just seem a bit nervous. Are you and Ron patrolling tonight?” Harry asked.

“No… why would that make me nervous?” I said. I was worrying that Harry thought that patrolling with Ron would make me nervous because we’d be alone together or something like that.

“I think you know why,” Harry said, a grin emerging on his face.

I blushed at this. Why do I blush at the worst times?

“N “ No, I don’t.”

“You don’t have to lie to me, Hermione. I know you; I can tell you’ve got a little something for a certain Weasley!” Harry teased.

“Shhh!” I said angrily, pressing my finger to my lips.

“AHA! So it’s true!”

“No it’s not, Harry! I have no idea of what you’re talking about. And I think you have a little something for a certain Weasley as well!”

I meant Ginny, not Ron, by the way. I can tell by the way he looks at her.

“I do not…” Harry said quietly. Now it was his turn to blush.

I just glared at him and put my nose back into my book. I’m pretending to be taking down notes from the book, but I’m actually writing in here. I know, pretending to be taking down notes isn’t helping my social appearance as a bookworm, but I have no other excuse to be writing something. I seriously have no idea about what I should do before I go to the Room of Requirement… maybe I’ll just doodle.

Hermione Jane Granger…
Ronald Bilius Weasley…
Hermione Weasley…
Hermione Granger Weasley…
Hermione Jane Granger Weasley…

OKAY, Hermione, doodling about RON isn’t going to help! Maybe I’ll just go and lie in bed. And try to sleep. Yeah, I’ll do that.

Well, we both know I won’t be able to sleep… well then I’ll just stare at the ceiling!



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Author’s Note: I’ll update as soon as I get the email saying that this chapter was accepted. Please review now!