Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Just the Girl by Becca

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: J.K Rowling owns everything that has to do with HP. Not me! The Click Five own the band name and the song 'Just the Girl'. I own nothing but the plot!!!


"How did you talk me into this Gin?" Hermione Granger asked her friend once she reached their table with two beers in hand.

"You'll be thanking me later." Ginny Weasley replied and pushed a beer into her hands.

"How'd you get us in anyway? This place is supposed to be really selective." Hermione stated as she glanced around the room, her eyes resting on the stage that wasn't but a few feet from them.

"Well, there's this new band playing to night, The Click Five, and I just happen to be really close with the lead singer/guitarist." Ginny grinned.

"And who might that be?" Hermione eyed her friend.

"You'll see." She smirked. "Oh! They're starting!"

Hermione turned her attention back to the stage and smiled as a short tubby man waddled out onto the stage. He smiled and lifted a microphone to his lips.

"Hello everyone!" He said. "We have a new band playing tonight. I hope you enjoy them! Here's The Click Five!"

The room roared with applause and the curtains slowly parted. Hermione gapped at the people she saw on stage. On the drums was Nevielle Longbottom, happily twirling one of his sticks in his hand. One the keyboard was Seamus Finnegan. On bass was Dean Thomas, standing on the far right of the stage. On the far left was Harry Potter, a guitar in his hands and a microphone in front of him. But it wasn't any of them that Hermione was shocked to see. It was the handsome red head standing center stage with a guitar strapped over his shoulder and a mike stand in front of him, his gaze on her. It was none other than Ron Weasley. The drums started up and the rest started shortly after. Ron moved forward slightly and started to sing, his eyes still on her.

She's cold and she's cruel
But she knows what she's doin'
She pushed me in the pool
At our last school reunion
She laughs at my dreams
But I dream about her laughter
Strange as it seems
She's the one I'm after


She knew exactly what the song meant and it had barely started. She smirked slightly, remembering the time she had pushed him into the lake the last time they were at Hogwarts, nearly 9 months ago. They'd been out of school for nearly 8 years now.

Cause she's bittersweet
She knocks me off of my feet
And I can't help myself
I don't want anyone else
She's a mystery
She's too much for me
But I keep comin' back for more
She's just the girl I'm lookin' for


Ron's blue eyes still bore into Hermione. She blushed and looked away. She reached for her beer and took a long drink.

She can't keep a secret
For more than an hour
She runs on 100 proof attitude power
And the more she ignores me
The more I adore her
What can I do?
I'd do anything for her


She'd been ignoring him for the past 9 months. He'd been after her more and more. She had no idea what he saw in her but it had to be something or he would have found someone less stubborn by now. He obviously really adored her because he created a band and made a song about her.

Cause she's bittersweet
She knocks me off of my feet
And I can't help myself
I don't want anyone else
She's a mystery
She's too much for me
But I keep comin' back for more
She's just the girl I'm lookin' for


Hermione shook her head and tore her gaze from his. She wouldn't let him get to her. Dating him would be too weird. They'd been friends so long. Throwing it all away just to be able to be romantic with him wasn't worth it.

The way she sees it's me
On her caller ID
She won't pick up the phone
She'd rather be alone
But I can't give up just yet
Cause every word she's ever said
Is still ringin' in my head
Still ringin' in my head


She's cold and she's cruel
But she knows what she's doin'
Knows just what to say
So my whole day is ruined


Taking the lyrics to heart, Hermione realized he was speaking the truth. She had been rather cruel to him these past 9 months and she had known since the beginning too. She ignored him completely now. Every time he'd call she wouldn't pick up because she knew it was him. She wouldn't talk to him anymore when she saw him around town or at Ginny's house. Maybe just a 'Hi' and then later that night a 'Goodbye' but that was it. She was determined not to ruin their friendship.

Cause she's bittersweet
She knocks me off of my feet
And I can't help myself
I don't want anyone else
She's a mystery
She's too much for me
But I keep comin' back for more


The more she thought about it the more she just wanted to give in. She did like him. To tell the truth, she had liked him since the moment they first met on the train when they were 11. Now, at 24, her feelings had grown and grown and just wouldn't go away, no matter how much she wanted them to.

Cause she's bittersweet
She knocks me off of my feet
And I can't help myself
I don't want anyone else
She's a mystery
She's too much for me
But I keep comin' back for more
Oh, I keep comin' back for more
She's just the girl I'm lookin' for
Just the girl I'm lookin' for


Hermione allowed herself to look back to the stage. Ron was staring at her so intensely. She blushed under his gaze but did not look away. Much to her surprise Ron took hold of the mike stand and lowered it onto the floor in front of her. Then he hopped down. He continued to strum the notes out on his guitar, his friends still playing vigorously behind him. He moved forward slightly and finished the song.

I'm lookin' for
I'm lookin' for
I'm lookin' for
Just the girl I'm lookin' for


He stopped playing his guitar and the band stopped too. The notes hung in the air. The lyrics still rung loud in Hermione's ears. Ron removed the microphone from the stand and walked even closer to Hermione. Her eyes widened and he stopped in front of her. He raised the mike to his lips.

"Hermione." He said. "This isn't the first time and wont be the last time I ask but will you please be my girlfriend?"

His eyes were pleading with her. Hermione looked away slightly. She stiffened when he took her hand. She turned back and looked into his beautiful blue eyes.

"Please 'Mione." He said.

Hermione couldn't stand it. She stood up and wrapped her arms around him.

"Yes Ron!" Hermione said into his shirt. "I will be your girlfriend."

She gazed up into his eyes. Ron slowly closed the gap between them and gently pressed his lips to hers. Hermione instantly began to kiss back. She had been waiting for this moment all her life, though she wouldn't admit it to anyone. The room burst into applause, some people cat calling. Hermione finally pulled away for breath.

"I love you Ronald!" Hermione exclaimed.

"And I love you 'Mione." And he took her lips in another passionate kiss as the room around them continued to hoot and holler.