Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Raspberry Sugar Quills by Josieevans44

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Raspberry Sugar Quills

By Josie G. Evans



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Summary: If you think this is a love story, so it is, but it is about so much more, a tortured sole in need of love and friends, of closed eyes and laughs. This is the life of Lily Gabrielle Evans, the girl afraid to grow up, afraid of living, but what is living when your not on the edge once in a while?


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After a certain point, the only difference between flying and falling is your perspective. Unknown
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


A boy, not quite a man, living behind a mask of laughter, pranks, jokes and weakly flings. A fear of all that he loves, will be taken away.


ch. 2: a boy


I'm James Potter, captain of Hogwarts best Quidditch team and one of England's best bloody Chasers. I've got scouts practically buying me Quidditch fields, not to mention the best top of the line broomsticks.

I'm a handsome young lad, with black stubborn and messy hair, I once used up a record of 20 bottles of Jell and 10 cans of hair spray, but alas my unusually stubborn ass hair, would not be tamed. After all that gunk, my hair still looked the same, if not greasier. I've got chocolate soft, warm eyes that drive the girls crazy, or so they tell me.

I'm part of an elite trouble making group, consisting of my three best friends: Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew and of course Sirius Black, whom I have known since the age of 2, and who no matter how hard we try, just can't seem to get out of trouble. 'The Marauders is what everyone calls us, and so it came to be. We have Minerva to thank for that. Why is it that the sexiest, hottest babes, all seem to have something up their asses? (Sirius is still trying to get a date with Minerva.) Lily Evans, no matter how much she denies it, is a mini Minerva. I remember like it was yesterday, Minerva screaming at the top of her lungs, for a reason or an other, calling us annoying hoodlums and lecturing us on how we where not to deface school property, "You crazy marauders! Detention for all of you, tonight at ten," next thing we knew, all the teachers were calling us Marauders, and so the name came to be.

Somehow, it's beyond my comprehension, that I'm a prefect. I sometimes think Dumbledore eats too many of those Muggle sweets, they seem to be getting to his head. Now don't get me wrong, I work half-hardly in class and have a pretty good average, I'm also the best in Transfiguration, alongside Sirius. The only subject I never seem to grasp is Charms, the hell with Charms anyways, which also just so happens to be 'Lily miss-goody-two-shoes Evans' forte.

My parents Olivia and Harold Potter, are a very respectable pure blood family, so of course I don't know that much about Muggles, but I have nothing against them like the Black and Malfoys, don't forget the Snapes and Lestranges. Now Sirius is also an exception to this, his mother is the biggest down right bitch, I have ever meet, she was so furious when Sirius became a Gryffindor, which didn't really help that she wasn't found of him in the first place.

My latest girlfriend, Elisa, is one of the best kissers ever! But I think I'll dump her Friday, she's getting on my nerves, giggling should be made illegal. Especially when a guy comments on her breasts, lingerie, hair or anything else. It's so bloody infuriating!

I hate Mondays, we shouldn't have school on Mondays, but then again I would say the same about Tuesdays. I still hate Mondays. I HATE MONDAYS! Well with that of my chest, I'm also a very stubborn person and my friends often tell me that I should get anger management. Saying I have issues and all that, so what if I blow up easily? I'm not all that patient, and it's not like I go around school terrorising the first year with a chainsaw or anything. Most people try to stay on my good side though, it's like there living in fear that I'll prank them. But I still have my share of enemies and people who aren't afraid to show they hate me. Snape and Malfoy of course being some of them. Lily Evans being an other. Always calling me a womaniser, how dare she?! Just because I change girls friends every two weeks and have snogged most of Hogwarts female population, does not, I repeat does NOT make me a womaniser!

SNAPE SLEEPS WITH A PINK, FLUFFY, PLUSHY BUNNY NAMED BLINKY! Sorry for the mental images, imagine how I felt when I saw it, and the school when they saw pictures pasted to the corridors!

I don't open up to many people, I rather keep my feelings to myself, Sirius though reads me like a book and never leaves me alone, he's like a bother that 'ol bloke! Most people say we look alike. He even lives with me, during the summer that is. His parents disowned him during third year, which he was only too proud to show. Going around through Hogwarts practically yelling it to everyone. My parents of course said he could live with us, not that it was a really big difference, he already practically lived there. My mom loves him like he were her own son, sometimes I fear she likes him more, "you two are the most insufferable kids a mom could have! I love both of you equally!" she would say and often give us a hug and a homemade cookie, following said popular speech.

There isn't that much more to me. I ain't exactly 'the stuck-up bastard' as Evans so quaintly puts it, that I go around school pretending to be. Only my best friends know the real me, or at least what makes me, me. I wish that I could really love someone, but I can't bring myself to show my true colours, I'm afraid they'll run away when I do, it's not as bad as Remus though, poor guy.

So I guess that's all, nothing much more to it.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The End of Chapter two

A/N: Fist off, let me thank my reviewers: cupcake and keena. And yes it is a Romance/angst, or at least I'm planning it out that way. It is different (Lily, that is) because I don't like thinking her of a perfect beautiful painted angel with no problems. Once more thank you! Secondly there should be about 5 more of these (on different characters) before the beginning of the story it's self. It's like an introduction to the characters, tells you about them and there life, it's like a background information and helps create the plot, it's also easier for the readers, I find. Anyway, it's only a new idea I had and wanted to experiment with it. So tell me in your review.

Thanks.

About this chapter: this chapter is written a little differently so as to show the difference of the two characters. James acts like a spoiled brat who can have anything he wants at the snap of his fingers. He's searching for miss's right while trying to snog every girl in the school. He's also superficial and is in denial about a certain red head, he keeps talking about without realising.

Next: Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, Arabella Figg and a chapter containing two characters who will often be mentioned(the rich bitch and the hang around adoptive friend) and then finally the beginning of the story it’s self.

Well Cheerios
Josie

P.S: Have you noticed both Lily and James, wish they could have true love? Just a pointer.