Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Raspberry Sugar Quills by Josieevans44

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Sorry for the long awaited new chapter, in the name of the Christmas holidays, I’ve written two new chapters:
-A werewolf twin
-The best friend
So enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------
Raspberry Sugar Quills

By Josie G. Evans
-----------------------------------------------------------

Summary: If you think this is a love story, so it is, but it is about so much more, a tortured sole in need of love and friends, of closed eyes and laughs. This is the life of Lily Gabrielle Evans, the girl afraid to grow up, afraid of living, but what is living when your not on the edge once in a while? ((NOT EXACTLY OOTP!!))

-----------------------------------------------------------
What's the point of having a brain if you haven't got a heart for it to argue with? Unknown
------------------------------------------------------------

ch.4: A werewolf twin

Remus Lupin’s the name, pretending I’m not a werewolf’s the game. Sirius made that up back in third year when he found out of my illness, and curse. He’s always the joker and knowledgeable in the weirdest things. Like if you asked him for the names of all the goblin mayors in chronicle order by name, he’d know them all and can sing and do a jig all the will doing it. Strangely enough he knows all the constellations and of course his ever so popular canus major. I’m the ignored voice of reason in the group, but if it weren’t for me, Sirius and James would be in detention every day, not that they really care, they actually have a bet going on since 1st year about who can get the most detentions at the end of seventh year. They even have a sheet of parchment that automatically upgrades it’s self every time they get awarded a detention. Now don’t get me wrong, I join in most pranks and can be very mischievous, why else am I a marauder, but I have my limits and I don’t join in the very risky pranks, besides the teachers see me as and angel, which helped me and the guys get outta trouble many a times, it’s really just a facade and a good backup plan.

If you’ve ever had the chance to pick up a book containing Greek mythology, read it, I swear there really good and tend to give you lot’s of imagination. My mother used to read them to me and my brother when we were younger, my mother loved them which is probably where her naming us came from. My mother gave birth to us 15 years ago, me and my twin brother Pollux. Unfortunately he died when I was in my forth year, about two year ago. He had a strange incurable disease. I don’t like saying that he passed away, which is the polite way of saying someone died, most people say it anyway, but I fell that when someone says it, that the person is still there, only they moved on, like moved on to an other country or something, it feels as if the’re still there, but I look at it with a scientist eye, the person is dead and gone, his flame has extinguished, you’ll never see that person again and if you go to their grave all your doing is talking to a dead rotting carcase of what used to be and a waste of a perfectly good tree that used to give back to us by giving us oxygen.

I was very close to Pol, inseparable, where one was you’d always find the other, kinda like James and Sirius. What made Pol so fun was that we were as different as can be, we both liked different things and had different personalities but we still looked pretty alike and had a few things in common, including the way we saw things and the way we talked, our vocabulary to be more precise. We also had a few traits and the same taste in foods, but Pol was allergic to strawberries. We both hated ketchup but loved tomatoes and anything to do with them, we were also both vegetarians, especially since my illness, we never looked at animals the same way again. We’re both realist unlike Lily who spends her days daydreaming instead of acutely doing it no matter how insane.

I think it’s time for a change in subjects, talking about Pol brings back memories and I rather forget about them because it makes me think about: what if? What if he were still alive? It makes me sad to think they’ll never be an other person who’ll understand me like he did, to comfort me when I feel depressed and to help me recover after a full moon, someone who know’s what I like and what I hate and when I like a certain thing and when I don’t, to know that no matter what that he’d always have been there for me in the future when I couldn’t get a job or when I was having a hard time, to take me into his house till I can buy my own, to help me find a job and to protect me and heal my wounds during and after the full moon, inside and outside. Like I said I think it’s time for a change of subject.

Dumbledore is the greatest man alive, he took me in when none other would, I didn’t think I would ever be able to got to school, but Dumbledore not only aloud me to go, he also made special arrangements for me. The first of which is the Womping Willow, a tree he planted to protect me as well as the students. It got it’s name for it’s nature, get to close to it and you might loose more than an eye. I owe that man so much... practically even my life, one day I’ll repay his kindness and generosity, how I don’t know, but I’ll find a way.

James and Sirius... what can I say, I couldn’t ask for better friends. They’ve acutely been studying animagus transformations since third year when they found about my illness. If any one can become an animagis, they can, Sirius with his fierce determination and James with his stubbornness, not to mention that their two of the best students Hogwarts has ever seen not to mention Lily’s right behind them. Their also the best in Transfiguration. We’re all in our 5th year at Hogwarts. Schools almost over, summer vacations just up ahead. As much as it can be a drag,I don’t want to see it end. I don’t want to see myself leave it. Two more school years and I’ll be thrown out into the real world, were I have to pay bills and get myself a job and a life. This place has been my home for the last couple of years and I’m not like Lily, I DON’T want to travel the world and stay in a bunch of different houses every couple of months because I get bored and annoyed if I stay in the same place for to long. I’ll never understand that girl, she hates change and yet every once in a while sleeps in the common room due to her constant having to ‘move’. I’ve had so many adventures and good times, not to mention the friends I’ve made along the way, what if we loose touch when we all get thrown out, and they get families and forget about me.

The thing I’m afraid most, is not to be able to find employment. I was so stupid, why didn’t I help my mother instead of ditching the stupid family reunion to play hide and seek with neighborhood friends and cousins. That stupid forest at the back of my house, my mom forbid us to go, saying it was full of dangerous creatures and ravines and god know’s what. My mom is afraid of almost everything, especially me. I had been so STUPID, but then again I had been only 7, and had taken my mothers fear as something like her fear of cheese.

I unlike James and Sirius, don’t date. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m one of the school most available bachelor, and quite handsome. I also have my own little fan club, which tends to be a drag, you can’t even go to the library without girls following you around, it annoys me to hell and back, because I know that if they knew what I really was, none of them would come near me. I don’t date any of them incase I fall in love, I’m not only protecting myself but them also. What if once they find out they tell someone who tells someone else? God only know’s rumors and newstravels as fast as wildflowers in this school, it could have only just happened and everyone would know withing two minutes. Also when word would spread to the parents, there’s nothing
Dumbledore could do about it and I wouldn’t be able to finish my education which would give me an even smaller chance of getting a job, God only know’s how small it is already. People are so ignorant, what they don’t realize is that I only become a monster once a month and am no danger what so ever to any one until then. I’m also in seclusion during that brief period of time. “Here are be werewolves!” an other of the millions of Sirius quotes.

I have soft brown goldish kinda hair, which is slowly greying due to my illness, I often dye it back to it’s original color, which is no thanks to Sirius, whom last year made a big joke and what everyone said to be the beginning of a fad that lasted a week and a half. Sirius kept saying that gray was in, he even dyed his hair grey with the use of a nifty spell and wore only grey for that period of time, everyone called it the Remus. I have bluish eyes that turn to a pale gold the few days before my transformation. My ears are slightly pointish as ‘Sirius-who-notices-everyone’s-little-flaws’ implies. My left ear lob if pierced and I always were the same gold plated earing, I can’t have any silver, a big amount could kill me.

I hate to admit it, but I’m kinda of a hippie because of my beliefs. I also do meditation and have quite a few Buddhist beliefs, Sirius says it makes me kinda girlish and corny, but most girls just think it makes me sensitive and deep, besides if Sirius doesn’t act macho he feels sensitive and week and even though he puts up a front, he’s not all he seems, great guy he is.

My favorite class is coincidentally Defense Against the Dark Arts. I have a large knowledge of such things, especially dark creatures such as myself. My least favorite class is Arithmacy, I hate equations and all that stuff, it drives me insane that such a person invented them, all I need to know is what 22 is and how to count and I’ll be fine.

I’m keeper to Gryffindor’s quidditch team, but we’ve also got a spare for me, due to my illness. James (the captain) said I was so good they couldn’t afford not having me on the team and made arrangements with Dumbledore and professor McGonagall, but I still miss about two games a year. All the points we loose, we make up for in quidditch.

One of the weirdest things I hate is broccoli, I practically have a fear of it. I’m very knowledgeable in the language department, I know a number of 20 languages which include: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Chinese, Latin and quite a couple of weird ones like:
mermish, elvish, gnome, wolfish, fay and many more you probably never heard of, I can also speak with birds which I love doing, it’s so cool.

I’m from a pure blood family and so I don’t know much about muggles, that of which I do know, is what I managed to grasp or actually bother to listen to and learn about instead of sleeping, in muggle studies. Honestly muggles are so boring. I love books, I live for them, my thirst for knowledge comes from them and they help me escape to a different world, one where no one know’s me and my secrets. I sometimes love to be alone, especially if I need to think, which is why I’m not a very big talker like Lily who ironically is always thinking, I can practically see the gears turning in her head, she’s a real multitasker. When I need to be alone, I usually take my favorite book and the marauders map and hide somewhere. The marauders map was my idea. We used to always get lost or forget a couple of the secret passages we found will doing our little midnight escapades. Even with James invisibility cloak we would sometimes get caught most of the time due to Peter’s clumsiness. It’s password protected (incase it falls into the wrong hands) and displays every room and hallways in the school, it also shows the people in the school, girls in pink dots and boys in bleu, they also have a little label with the person’s name in it, it’s really cool and also upgrades itself automatically. I dare say that it got us out of a lot of trouble in the past and most likely will in the future. We don’t mind taking credit to a prank, especially James and Sirius, Peter is mostly shy and only participates if Sirius threatens him (he enjoys doing so for some weird reason).

I like a band named the beatles, whom were introduced to me by one of my good friends: Lily Evans.

Were known to the school as the biggest trouble makers in history, were known by one name, a name that unites us and our friendship, a name that reminds us who we are: were the Marauders. And I’m a part of them.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
The end of chapter four

A/N: wow, this chapters long! Alright first of sorry for the major delay, secondly thanks to all my reviewers: dudette3993 (Led Zeppelin Rocks! Glade you liked it!), Jules (Keep on reviewing, I love your reviews, and glad you liked Padfoot’s chapter.) and especially: cupcake, who reviewed every chapter (The turtle is my fav. I wrote a mini story on him once, keep reviewing, you rock!).

About this chapter: Remus doesn’t have much self-esteem and thinks himself a monster, he’s one of my favorite characters which is probably why his chapter is so long, I couldn’t help it, besides if Remus had really written it, it most likely would have been this long maybe even more. If you hadn't noticed, Remus and Lily are very good friends and he know's a lot about her, which is wierd because she doesn't open up.

Coming up: Arabella Figg and a chapter containing two characters who will often be mentioned(the rich bitch and the hang around adoptive friend) and then finally the beginning of the story it’s self.

Merry Christmas. And to everyone who doesn't celebrate Christmas, have a happy Hannukah, Kwanzaa, Solstice, or whatever other holiday you celebrate. And a happy new year!

Thanks all

The ever famous:
Josie Evans, bringing pranks and trouble to kids everywhere.