Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Raspberry Sugar Quills by Josieevans44

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
As promised the second chapter. Merry Christmas- Josie.

-------------------------------------------------------
Raspberry Sugar Quills
By Josie G. Evans
--------------------------------------------------------

Summary: If you think this is a love story, so it is, but it is about so much more, a tortured sole in need of love and friends, of closed eyes and laughs. This is the life of Lily Gabrielle Evans, the girl afraid to grow up, afraid of living, but what is living when your not on the edge once in a while? ((NOT EXACTLY OOTP))
--------------------------------------------------------
Show me someone not full of herself, and I'll show you an empty person. Unknown
--------------------------------------------------------

ch.5: the best friend

Well, let's just cut to chase, shall we? No sense in beating around the bush, now is there? Well, I don't think there is. For starters my name's Arabella Figg, or as most people call me: Beila. I'm in my fifth year at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. And I've just got to say: it's bloody hot out here! I'm currently in Egypt. My dad's bloody rich, we do very expensive family vacations every year. Lily envy's me for that, she's wanted to travel the world since the age of ten. That girl can't settle down, she always has to be in a different place, even when it comes to sleeping. She's known for sleeping on the couches in the Gryffindor common room, for two nights in a row, at least once a month. She does the same when she's at her house. But I'm not supposed to be talking about all of Lily's do's and don't's, this section is about me.

I have long, mid-waist black hair, with blue highlights. My eyes are green-ish aqua. As you may have already notice my best friend's Lily Evans. We meet in our first year, on the Hogwarts Express. I was running away from James Potter, little tyke he was, was trying to charm my hair a hideous green. Anyway, Lily was just standing there in the middle of the corridor, apparently watching the passing scenery as if entranced ( I later found out, this was the farthest away from her home town, she had ever been, and she was trying to take in and savour every moment of it.) "You haven't seen me!" I told her, as I opened the door to the empty compartment on her right. James had then apparently ran into her, in his haste. As she got up, she screamed her head off at him (things never change!). She was telling him off so loudly, that the doors to the surrounding compartments opened and curious heads popped out to see what the racket was about, seeing a little first year calling random names and yelling at a boy on the ground for no apparent reason, they went back to their own business. And as they did, my ear pressed to the door, I heard a faint: "She's really pretty. Like an Angel of God, huh Siri?" from James. Shortly after apologising, something no one has ever seen James Potter do, unless he really meant it, he left and Lily entered my compartment. "Oh my god, thanks, I'm Neily." I said presenting myself. "Neily? Short for Nemphadora?" she asked. "No, short for Arabella." That's when she gave me the Beila nickname which instantly stuck, after that we were best friends, inseparable.

Later that year we acquired an other friend, a quiet Hufflepuff, by the name of Derrick Wood. He's kinda short and doesn't really like big crowds and avoids them if possible. He's also one of our best friend. The three Musketeers as Lily likes to call us (she muggle born). The fourth musketeer would have to be Remus Lupin, we hang around with him a lot, he's really cool, it used to aggravate Lily, because Remus was best friends with James, but we (as in Lily, me and Remus) all got closer when Lily and James went out. I know crazy but, know they just hate each other more than previously, so nothing really changed.

I have the biggest of crushes on Sirius Black. I wouldn't even call it a crush, I'd call it love. I'm in love and I've got it bad. We'd been flirting for over a month, when he finally asked me out. We snuck out of Hogwarts and went to muggle London, where we saw a movie (a muggle way of showing a book to an audience with moving pictures.) Lily loves those, I think she sometimes secretly wishes to be an actor, which are people who preform said book or story, like theatre. Anyway, for some weird reason, Sirius's fascinated by muggles and anything to do with em. Especially some of their really popular inventions like skiing, which I think he just finds hilarious, which is most likely his reason of liking and the telephone, a devise Lily told me, is specified to talk to one an other directly with almost any one in the world by compressing a number of digits that correspond to the house of every one of them. It's a lot simpler and faster than owls if you ask me. Anyway, I was forgetting my main topic, which isn't to bore you readers to death. During our date, I had found Sirius, to be incredibly annoying, so next day at school, I had told him I just wanted to be friends. What I didn't seem to realise was that I would regret it. I found I actually really liked him, loved him. I found myself practically lusting after him. Worrying when he didn't show up to classes or if he didn't say hi to me in the hall. Happy when he did acknowledge my presence and flirted with me, or get week knees when he winked at me in the hall, and I became unable to utter anything but pathetic whispers. But I haven't told him how I felt, and now it's too late. He's already going out with someone. She's 21, I mean honestly 21?! I even asked Remus, whose best friends with him, to tell him. I was so worried as to what his reaction would be, but I think Remus knew I would regret it and so didn't inform him. Ever notice how, you want something even more because it's become unreachable? The unreachable always seems better than what right in front of your face. My mom says it's a human quality, always wanting what you can't have.

Lily's trying her best to be the optimistic one on this. She often is, when she herself isn't depress. I don't know of all the secrets she hides, but I know she has many. I have, although, grown to know she hates change and wishes everything could always stay the same. She also fears death.
I'm very contradictory, it's a habit I'm trying to quit. My parents are separated. I go to my father's for the holidays and my mother's for most part of the summer. I like thinking of life as an adventure, a constant roller coaster (muggle invention). I'm not the best in school but have a not so bad average and I'm at least not a procrastinator like Lily, she's always putting things off to the last minute, you'd think she'd learn. She says she works better under pressure. The teachers all accept her excuses, she's a good student with a pretty good average. In first year she some how managed not to get a single detention. She barely ever does her homework and somehow gets away with it (I swear she's some kind of a criminal mastermind) I've had so many detentions over undone homework or an uncompleted essay. It just seems to come easy to her I guess.

Pink is a pretty cool colour, I especially like torturing Lily with pink objects, she despises pink. Last year in our school memoriam (a kind of year book), she actually wrote pink down as her biggest fear.

I'm really skinny, I try to gain a little weight, I find that I'm as skinny as a skeleton, but the more I eat the more I lose. Lily is threatening to kill me, she has to work out and watch what she's eating to keep her weight.

I'm often happy, or I at least try to be, but I have more than my share of problems, isn't it funny how everyone seems to be fighting a privet battle? No one has a perfect life with no problems, it just doesn't exist. As I write this, I look at my faintly scared wrists. Long white gashes on my arm, some following my veins. It's a good thing Hogwarts's school uniform have long sleeves or else I'd have to put loads of bracelets to keep the cuts concealed. When I first told Lily, I was afraid of her reaction, but she's been extremely supportive. I stoped not too long ago, but this summer restarted due to family problems, I quickly stoped after promising Lily. I try really
hard to keep my promises.

My step-mother's a bitch. Fairytale writers clearly had something against step-mothers, not that I blame em. I love reading, when ever a class bores me, which is always, I read.
I often get drunk, it's just so fun, to have the courage to do things you other wise wouldn't dare doing, to not have a care in the world or to think of anything with any importance to forget about life and love and worrying about your cousin, whom also cuts herself, and whose friends help her cover it up. Stupid Beaubaton's academy, if only her mother would let her come to Hogwarts, I'd be able to really help her, and to have someone who understands me and we could help each other out, it would be even better.

Change in moods sounds pretty good right about now, I'm depressing myself. Well, I hate peanut butter and my favorite quidditch team's Wimbourne Wasps. Me and Lily always end up in a heated argument while discussing quidditch. Her favourite team's the Appleby Arrows, whom every body know's are sworn enemies, players and fans. Of course we don't let it get in the way of our friendship, even though it may occasionally bring little squabbles. What can I say, no relationship's perfect.

I also LOVE cherries. Yum! Cherries, not those cheap cherries in a can, I'm talking about those fresh of the vine cherries, cherries do come from vines right? I'll have to ask Lily later, they might come from mini trees for all I know.Frankly I think that's all you need to know about me for the moment. So I leave you with this wise word of advise: "To be no one but yourself in a world which is doing its best to make you just like everybody else is to fight the greatest battle there is or ever will be."

I live by these words, now I wish you a good day, or night and to say that the Wasps are totally kicking the Arrows asses on Friday's match, just wish I could leave school for the day to go and see the match, aw well, guess I'll have to look the score up in the daily prophet.

Yours truly:
Arabella Figg
Beila
-------------------------------------------------------------------

The end of Chapter five

A/n: Well now, two very large chapters for your enjoyment, which is my early Christmas present to you all. The quote at the end, came from E.E. Cummings. NOW REVIEW EVERYBODY! I know you read it, now REVIEW!

About this chapter: I wrote this chapter, as if it were a kind of documentary journal, which she apparently seems to think will be read in the future, which explains her way of seeming to talk to an audience. About the whole cutting thing, my best friend does it, and I don't really know how it feels, so sorry for the lack of information on that. It's hard to cope with a friend who could injure herself badly.

Next: a chapter containing two characters who will often be mentioned (the rich bitch and the hang around adoptive friend) and then finally the beginning of the story it's self. WOW! Were so close people, so close, so leave a review, I update faster when you leave a review, think about it, leave a review, within days get an other chapter.

Well Cheerios and a Merry Christmas or whatever!
Josie out