Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Raspberry Sugar Quills by Josieevans44

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Raspberry Sugar Quills
By Josie G. Evans


Summary: If you think this is a love story, so it is, but it is about so much more, a tortured sole in need of love and friends, of closed eyes and laughs. This is the life of Lily Gabrielle Evans, the girl afraid to grow up, afraid of living, but what is living when you’re not on the edge once in a while? ((NOT EXACTLY OOTP))



"To be no one but yourself in a world which is doing its best to make you just like everybody else is to fight the greatest battle there is or ever will be." E.E. Cummings


ch.7: The adoptive hang around friend


"I'm Wood, Derrick Wood!"

"Mom! Derrick's talking to his mirror again!"

"Am not! Get out you little runt! What are you doing in my
room anyway munchkin?"

"Ow! MUM! He's hurting me!"

"Am not! Get out you little troll!"

"Now don't you worry dear, I find those imitations quite hilarious."

"There not supposed to be hilarious you stupid mirror. Aw! Why do I even bother?"

"NOW HE'S TALKING TO HIMSELF!"

"Get out, you ugly little wart!"

"But Derrick, I want to play quidditch."

"Why do you even bother asking? You know I'm afraid of heights."

"But see, you don't have to fly high, only defend the practice baskets mom bought me for being such a good little girl."

He let out a loud snort, "You? Good? Now that's funny! You're in serious mental denial Andy."

"Andromeda Constance Ivra Wood! Leave your brother to his isolation."

"Mom! Shhh! Someone might hear you call me that, it's Andy and we leave it to that!"

"Now Derrick see what you've done? Calling Andromeda: Andy, from the day we named her! Now she's ashamed of her grandmother, great-grandmother, and great-great-grandmother names. You ought to be ashamed of yourself Derrick Oliver Rudolph Wood!"

"Mom, Andromeda is too long and shhh! Someone might hear!"

"Oh for Merlin's beard! I give up,” she said throwing a hand towel in Derrick's face. "Oh and seriously Derrick do something about that hair, you look like a...a monkey!" He just shrugged at his mother's retreating back. "Quidditch?"

"Quidditch!"




Dear Lily and Beila,

Hope old Rusty made it this time, sorry in advance for your mom's cake. He always ends up eating it. Can't wait for summer vacations to be over and yes I'm aware of the fact that it just started but Andy's already driving me up the wall! Why do 11 year olds' have to be so energetic? I mean she just creamed me in quidditch 130-2 and that's without the apple snitch mom charmed for us. It hides in the apple trees, which makes it nearly damn impossible to find. Now don't you start saying I'm not energetic enough and that I should play muggle sports with Lily because she only wants to play basketball and I'm like what? 5'6? She's 5'8, 5'9? I've got nothing over her.

I'm thinking of changing my hair colour again, maybe blue this time? It is, after all, my favorite colour. Now don't get mad Lily, I know your mom won't let you do anything to your hair, not that I blame them. Your hair colour's cool compared to my lousy thick brown hair. Mom's complaining about the length of my hair again. I’m seriously starting to think she's going to run the scissors through it, while I sleep. It isn’t that long! Besides I look like the guys in those cool muggle rock bands Lily likes so much. Oh and Lily before I forget, you have duties as a prefect and you can't go around taking advantage of them. Now I know you don't like Potter and you have to patrol but you have a whole summer free Potter and then you and I have to attend meeting and duties.

It sucks having to live so far from the two of you, hope your having blast at Lily's oh and before I forget, mum says I can come over next week. Muggles are so fun to terrorize! I can't wait to see that 'ol prude that you call a sister, I'll bet she hasn't forgot what we did to her last summer! Admit it Lily, revenge is sweet! Seriously I don't know why the sorting hat put me in Hufflepuff, I should have been in Gryffindor! Aw well, nothing I can do about it...


"Why is he always complaining about that?"

"Shh! Lily, I'm trying to read the rest of his letter, he wrote a friggen chapter."

"Don't you shhhh me Beila, I know your secret!"

"What?"

"You find Snape hot!"

"WHAT?!"

"You said so, last year, during that big party, you know?"

"Lily! I was drunk!"

"Shhh! I'm trying to read Rick's letter!"

"Argh!"


...They’re building a new house across the street, looks like an other mansion. Wonder who's moving in. Maybe if I'm lucky, it'll be Claire!...

"Dream on!" cried Lily and Beila at the same time.

...Who ever's moving, I hope there around my age, it's pretty boring having to live in a little all wizarding town with nothing but munchkin and old people.

Well I got to go, you know I'm a little scrawny 15 year old and I'm starving!
Your friend
The 3rd musketeer
Derrick Wood

P.S: I found this nifty spell to change the colour of my eyes, now I can get rid of this boring gray colour!


The End of Chapter seven

NEW A/N: OMG, so sorry, this is so infuriating. I've been trying to update this for like the past month! So sorry for the abnormally long wait. Hopefully the next chapter will make up for it.

A/N: ha ha ha! I love this chapter! I like Andy the best. Thanks to everyone, and review! Constructive criticism is always welcome. I’m so sorry I haven’t updated sooner, I actually added a chapter and then like a week later I went to my mail box and I got an e-mail saying that I couldn’t add this one because it was too short.

Thanks:

Thanks as usual to Cupcake, especially for that little push, so sorry, my Internet is now officially dead so I couldn’t update as fast.

MaRaUdeRgIrL: Thanks. But James was actually a chaser, JK said so in an interview a while back, but he’s a seeker in the movies. It’s confusing really. And he probably wasn’t a prefect, but it has a purpose to the story, I promise!

Kira: Lol, thanks, I like that: Ummph! Lol! Batman? I prefer Robin lol! Actually I prefer X-man and spider-man. Lol! Keep up with the story.

I think that’s all, if not, I’m really sorry! Leave a review and I’ll get back to you!

About this chapter: Derrick's got a pretty cool hair cut, which he loves. He's outgoing and yet shy when it comes to the ladies, which is kind of weird because his two best friends: Lily and Beila are obviously girl. He's also got his share of guy friends that he often hangs out with, but he prefers hanging out with the girl. He apparently never loved being in Hufflepuff and tends to whine about it. A little unknown fact: He secretly likes Arabella, a little more than a friend if you catch my drift?! He likes to stand out, reason for his hair and eyes business.

Next: ch 8-The beginning (the beginning of the story itself). It should be up sometime next week.
Godspeed
Josie