Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A New Definition of Family by RahNee

Printer
Summary: A new person comes into Harry's life; one who has ties to his parents, and to his enemies. The story starts in the summer after 3rd year and becomes AU (but just barely) at that point. Pairings: SBOC, a smattering of HPHG, some RLNT later on...

Hungry for GOOD fan fiction? Give this story a try! It will satisfy the avid fan fiction reader's most voracious appetite. It is chock full of the basic fan fiction food groups: It's got drama, romance, angst, snarky banter, mystery, Quidditch, humor, new love, old love rekindled, introspection, action...
So go on, sample a little bit... I KNOW you won't walk away feeling empty!
Ratings: [ - ]
Category: Various Pairings
Characters: None
Warnings: Alternate Universe
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 21 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 135718 Viewcount: 130440
Published on: 10/22/05 Updated On: 04/30/07





1. Upward Bound by RahNee [ - ] (2881 words)

2. Instincts by RahNee [ - ] (3811 words)

3. Reunion by RahNee [ - ] (4188 words)

4. Retrospection by RahNee [ - ] (3380 words)

5. Explanations and Broomsticks by RahNee [ - ] (5385 words)

6. Disclosures and Intemperance by RahNee [ - ] (7761 words)

7. The Best Laid Plans... by RahNee [ - ] (4721 words)

8. Romantic Intuition by RahNee [ - ] (4560 words)

9. Birthday by RahNee [ - ] (8218 words)

10. Aftermath by RahNee [ - ] (7678 words)

11. Coping by RahNee [ - ] (6165 words)
How Harry's godmother copes with the confrontation and shock after seeing his godfather for the first time in 13 years. Warning: characters use alcohol inappropriately to cope; please do not follow their example.
12. Second Chances by RahNee [ - ] (6053 words)
Lots of interaction in this chapter including: Harry and Hermione on the Weasley porch, Tonks smacking some sense into Rinna, Sirius and Remus having a heart to heart, and our favorite Marauders make an appearance (in flashback, of course)!
13. Opportunities by RahNee [ - ] (7335 words)
Harry gets to see Sirius again, Dumbledore makes Rinna an offer, and awkward moments abound between Remus and Rinna.
14. Quidditch, Correspondence & Conversations by RahNee [ - ] (8120 words)
The Burrow, the Quidditch World Cup, Lucius Malfoy, hot cocoa, and deleted scenes... what do they all have in common? You'll find them in this chapter!
15. Hogwarts (part 1) by RahNee [ - ] (6323 words)
The chapter so chock-full of goodness it had to be split in two! Harry and company deal with a new school year, and with having his godmother as a professor. Rinna deals with old schoolmates and old memories...
16. Hogwarts (part 2) by RahNee [ - ] (4223 words)
The second half of the chapter: A lot happens in the first week of school! This half includes a flashback, some modern-day Marauder scheming, and finally, FINALLY, we get to see some "real time" snogging!
17. Lions and Snakes by RahNee [ - ] (9189 words)
When we last saw our two lovebirds, they were snogging on the bathroom floor. But will they get back together? And what happens when a duel in the hallway between our favorite Gryffindors and Slytherins gets a wee bit out of hand? Read on!
18. Misbehavin' by RahNee [ - ] (9950 words)
Conniving Hogwarts professors, group detentions, encounters with our favorite ferret-y Slytherin and a misunderstanding... and then...

It took me 17 chapters (that's seventeen, folks!) but I FINALLY got our lovebirds together. As in: together between the sheets. Well, they eventually get between the sheets, but you know that they have a penchant for romantic encounters in the bathroom...

19. Halloween by RahNee [ - ] (6921 words)
The students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang arrive, the Triwizard Champions are chosen... and whose name comes out of the Goblet of Fire? Also in this chappie: Moody is, well, moody. Snape is snappy. Rinna is in a snit. Cameo appearances by other Professors, and the Giant Squid. Oh, and more fluff.

20. Hexed, Vexed and Perplexed by RahNee [ - ] (8865 words)
The chapter that features Viktor Krum, Hermione's overgrown teeth, an infatuated Draco, a flashback of Lily... and what is it with Rinna and dragon keepers?

21. Dragons and Other Impossible Tasks by RahNee [ - ] (9991 words)
Harry takes on the Horntail, Rinna freaks out, Sirius gets suspicious, and ROMANCE is in the air! Hermione and Rinna finally have a heart-to-heart, and Rinna runs into someone from her past.

And for all you Lupin/Tonks shippers... this is the chapter for you!