Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Never what it seems by Rons chick

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: No worries: This has been officially edited! :)

Manda*
Disclaimer: Although I would like to say that these characters are mine, they are not!



“GINNY! GET YOUR BEHIND DOWN HERE PLEASE! WE NEED TO DO UP YOUR HAIR!” Mrs. Weasley shouted from downstairs the next morning. “AND YOU HERMIONE; yours will take ages!”

Hermione and Ginny looked at the two boys sympathetically before following orders and leaving the room.

“Bloody hell, I’m glad I’m not a girl,” Ron mumbled.

“And so are they, Ron. They would be disgraced if you were,” Harry laughed at the look on Ron’s face. “Right... Well, I think we should probably get dressed.”

**************

“Oh Merlin,” Harry whispered to himself as Ginny and Hermione walked closer to him and Ron.

He thought he might pass out right then and there. She had out-done herself and become even more gorgeous than he could have ever predicted. Ron grabbed onto Harry’s arm to keep from fainting.

“I know,” Ron told Harry.

Harry smiled. Ron obviously thought Harry was overwhelmed by Hermione. He had no reason not to think that, as he thought her and Harry were a pair. Harry just nodded and agreed. Hermione was a right sight, but there was no competition between her and Ginny.

“Wow, you two look amazing,” Hermione told Ron and Harry as her and Ginny finally reached them.

“You, too,” Harry told them with a smile.

Hermione held out her hand and Harry took it. Ron and Ginny seemed to pretend they didn’t see anything. Harry tried to hide the feeling of guilt as they proceeded outside.

“Fleur looks like a vision, I’ll tell you that!” Ginny said.

“What happened to ‘Phlegm’?” Harry asked.

Ginny smiled. “She really fell in love with my brother,” she stated simply.

A calm, satisfied silence fell over the four teenagers the rest of the way.

“Alright, come with me, please; the lot of you! Hermione and Harry last, just as we planned. Ginny you go with George first. Fleur’s friend, Juliette, will be going with Charlie, and Fleur agreed to let Fred walk down with Angelina. Right, well, off we go.”

Mrs. Weasley led the four of them back into the house where they had just come from and then into the kitchen. Mr. Weasley, Fred, Angelina, Charlie, Juliette, and Bill were already there. Bill was ringing his hands. His face still held the scars from just months ago and his temper was now a chore to control, but he was still Bill, and that is all anyone cared about.

“Alright, now everyone is in their seat. Bill, Ronald, please go up to the front now,” Mrs. Weasley instructed. “I must go sit, as well…Hermione, please assure me everything will go well?”

Hermione nodded with a smile. “I couldn’t let you down, Mrs. Weasley,” she told her.

They all watched as Mrs. Weasley went between Bill and Ron and led them to the front where the preacher was. Next, Ginny took George’s hand and they glided down the isle to the front. They were followed by Juliette and Charlie, Angelina and Fred, and finally Harry and Hermione.

Once everyone was up at the front, the music began and Fleur slid peacefully down the isle with Gabrielle carrying the access of her dress behind her. Even Harry had to catch his breath as he watched Fleur come closer and closer. He looked over at Ron and wasn’t surprised at the mesmerized look on his face. He was surprised that he wasn’t looking at Fleur. Instead, he was staring at Hermione.

**********

“That was brilliant. It really was. Fleur looked stunning!” Hermione said as she danced with Harry.

He nodded. It had been a fine day. He looked over when he heard a giggle and saw George throwing Ginny around the floor. He smiled to himself at the fact that she was smiling.

He suddenly felt a push on the shoulder and tripped over himself, stumbling to keep standing. Before he had time to process what had happened, Ron was shouting.

“HERMIONE, WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?” Ron screamed. He seemed to catch his breath for a moment before continuing less loudly. “You don’t love him. War makes us jump into relationships and do things we wouldn’t have ever done before. That’s what mum and dad told me. Don’t jump into this relationship with Harry. It’s not what you want.”

“HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT I WANT, RONALD?” Hermione yelled.

She was fuming, Harry could tell. He noticed Ron’s face grow a darker shade of red. Harry had to focus to tell if it was really Ron speaking. He would have never guessed Ron would have the ability to speak his feelings; especially to Hermione.

“Because you walked down that isle with him today and there was nothing! There were no sparks, no looks on your faces as if someday it would be the two of you having the wedding. But you were walking toward me. In that dress, with that smile, and I knew that it would be me with you, not him!” Ron said with fury.

Then he took a step closer to her, put his hands behind her neck, and kissed her.

“Hermione?” Harry knew that all three of them had to have a discussion in his room as soon as possible.

On queue, Hermione pushed Ron away from her gently and turned toward Harry.

“I can be with him if the rest of the world thinks I’m with you,” she whispered to him.

Then she quietly told Ron to go wait up in her room.

“I’ll explain to him, Harry. I’ll tell him that in order to keep Ginny safe, I have to pretend to be with you. Take my hand and lead me into the house. It won’t be as suspicious that way.”

Harry followed orders and took her hand. He led her into the house and to her room. They stood outside the door for a moment.

She reached up and hugged him hard. “He loves me, Harry,” she said and he noticed that she was crying.

He watched her enter the room and walked up to his own. The thought of Ron not loving her when Hermione loved him so much must have put a hole through Hermione’s heart. Was that what he was doing to Ginny? The door burst open and an angel entered. She bared that same look in her eyes; that blazing look.

“Did you listen to Ron?” Ginny said.

“Yes, but the bigger question is was it him speaking?” Harry answered.

Ginny smiled. “He was right, you know. You don’t love Hermione anymore than she loves you. I mean…of course you love her, but not like she and Ron love each other. Not like…Never mind…Harry, we can do it now! If they are together, we can be together!”

“The four of us might know that they are together, but the rest of the world cannot,” he told her.

“Harry, why?”

“Because if he knows that she is with Ron, then he will hurt you.”

“HE DOESN’T HAVE TO KNOW I’M WITH YOU!” Ginny shouted.

“He just knows, Gin!”

“Are you not afraid of what will happen to her? You are scared something will happen to me, but won’t he hurt her?” Ginny asked.

“She will be with me! If something happens, I will know right away!”

“WHAT do you mean, Harry? I will be with you, too! Hogwarts is open! It reopened and we are all going back.”

“No, Ginny, we won’t be going back! Someone has to find those horcruxes and kill Voldemort. Who else but me?”

When Harry said this, Ginny fell to the floor.

“I hate that you have to be so noble. Why can’t you just do what you want for once!” she whispered.

“Because the rest of the world depends on me. I told you about the prophecy last year when we were together. You know what it is that I must do! It is me or the world, Gin.”

Harry was used to the idea by now.

She left quietly not long after that and Harry went to sleep. He no longer had dreams about Voldemort, but sometimes the last night of Dumbledore. Mostly, though, his dreams were full of Ginny. He dreamed about Ginny walking down the isle toward him. He told her he loved her and they said their ‘I do’s’. He was just about to kiss her when a sharp pain went through his head and he clutched his scar.

A loud banging from his door was barely audible because of the pain in his head and then Hermione entered.

“He took Ginny,” Hermione cried and Harry had no problem hearing it.