Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Never what it seems by Rons chick

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Edited version:)
Manda*
Disclaimer: These characters are not my own! *tear*tear*flick*flick*







“He took Ginny,” Hermione cried again.

Harry was out of bed and dressed like a bullet before Hermione’s eyes. Harry didn’t need explanation of what Hermione meant. He just knew something was wrong. Voldemort had still figured Ginny would be his weakness despite his cover-up with Hermione.

“I’M STILL HERE AND SHE IS GONE! Harry, I just don’t get it! It was supposed to be me if anyone! I was prepared, I was ready! We were asleep and then I heard a scream a few minutes ago and when I looked over, she was gone!” Hermione was hysterical.

Harry grabbed her shoulders. “Does anyone else know, yet?” He asked.

“No, I just figured you would want to know first,”

“Alright, get Ron and everyone else up. Have them go to Grimmauld Place. Tell them I will be there as soon as I can,” Harry threw directions at Hermione as he hastily escorted her to Ron’s room.

“Where are you going, Harry?” Hermione whispered.

“I had a dream about a month ago about Voldemort taking someone. I didn’t know then who it was, but I have a feeling I know where. I must go. Please tell them for me? And take care of yourself while I’m gone, alright?”

And Harry was gone. He was suddenly really glad that he had passed his Apparition test the first week he had been here. He knew it would be needed in the war. What he didn’t know was that it would be needed so soon.

He suddenly felt like his head would explode; a feeling he hadn’t quite gotten used to yet.

He arrived at a regular house; the house that his parents had once lived in…and died in. He pushed away the knot in his throat from the thought of his parents and what might happen to Ginny.

He focused on the task at hand; the job ahead, and what he needed to do. He walked closer and closer to the door of the ordinary home. Without knocking he entered. He heard a loud noise from directly above him as if something had been dropped. He pointed his wand ahead of himself and headed for the staircase slowly.

“He will never think of coming here, master…wonderful idea this is,” Harry heard Snape say from above.

“Silence, Snape. It will take him far less time to find us than expected,” Voldemort said.

“How do you know, master?”

“Because I do,” Voldemort told him.

It fell silent again. Harry waited a minute or two and then began to ascend the staircase as slowly as if in slow motion. When he got to the top of the stairs, there was a large landing.

Harry hid behind the wall and moved his head so that he could be hidden but still see the two men. Ginny was lying motionless at the feet of Voldemort. His scar began to prickle with pain and the anger grew within Harry.

He took a slow and deep breath.

“He is here, master,” Snape said.

Harry could practically hear the sneer on Snape’s cold, pale face.

“I know,” Voldemort said.

The anger in his body and mind added to the pain within his forehead was too much to control now and Harry could no longer hold it in.

Before he knew what he was doing, he had darted from behind the wall and shouted a spell at Voldemort.

“SECTUMSEMPRA!” Harry yelled.

The blood began to spill from Voldemort’s limp body and Harry saw his wand drop the same way Draco Malfoy’s had last year. Harry wasn’t thinking and his anger was speaking for him as he shouted toward Voldemort and Snape.
His words were being shouted but were drowned out by Voldemort’s screaming and Snape’s counter curses on the cuts.

“YOU WON’T WIN THIS WAR! I’LL WIN AND YOU WILL SUFFER! You know my weakness, Riddle. You have used it against me for many years. You killed my parents, Sirius, and now Dumbledore. But there is one thing you must know. You won’t kill Ginny and you certainly won’t kill me. I know you’re secret, now. I’ve given up trying to kill you until I’m certain it will be for good. You are such a coward, using my loved ones as a lure to get me here. You are so afraid that you will lose again. Just like you lost when I was a year old; and again when I was eleven, again when I was twelve, when I was fourteen, then fifteen and you will lose now. YOU WILL NEVER WIN WITH COWARDICE! Trust me on that one,” Harry spat.

He walked over and grabbed Ginny. He looked over at Snape holding Voldemort’s weakened body in his arms.

“You used my own spell against me and my master. You will pay. I would finish you now, but he wants you for himself. You are such a spoiled one, Potter. Thinking everything is about you! Well, here is reality for you: YOU LOST LAST YEAR!” Snape’s lip curled as he said this.

“No, I didn’t. He won’t let you finish me. And yet the only time he wins is when you do it for him. Haven’t you heard about your master’s secret? HE CAN AND WILL DIE! It is the only consequence for all of the lives he has ruined in his existence,” Harry said.

Snape raised his wand at Harry. Before he could send anything toward him, however, Harry had Disapparated.

His mind was spinning and his body ached. He really hated Apparating. He had not been doing it long and was relieved to find that Ginny was still one piece as well as himself when he arrived at his destination. But she was unconscious and appeared lifeless.

He watched Number twelve Grimmauld Place appear before his eyes and approached the door slowly.

“My God, Harry, you’re here! Get in, get in! Someone outside may have seen you and…GINNY! Harry, you have Ginny!” Professor McGonagall ushered him inside.

A crowd of people came flooding toward Harry and questions were thrown from all directions. He realized he was out of breath, but didn’t care.

“We need to get her to St. Mungo’s! Now, she is really hurt! I don’t know what he did, I don’t know what happened, and we just need to go!” Harry shouted.

Everyone grew silent and he heard many footsteps and motion before he heard Hermione shout,

“Oh, for Merlin’s sake, people! WE NEED TO TAKE GINNY TO THE HOSPITAL!”

But Harry had a feeling they were too late. Something was terribly wrong.

A/N: Alright guys, the story is just kinda getting started. I appreciate all of the reviews that you write me! It is awsome getting feedback! Also-sorry that everything was so confusing at the begining but thanks for stickin' with my story! Sorry this chapter is so short but I think the next chapter might be a little long! Thanks for reading! Please Review!
Manda*