Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Photograph by Black Lilys

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Hi everyone! This is a song fic to Nickelback's song Photograph. As I do not own the song or anything to do with Harry Potter (or much of anything else for that matter) Please do not sue me! I'm not making any money so no harm done! Anyway...Enjoy and please feel free to review!
Black Lilys

Photograph

Look at this photograph
Every time I do it makes me laugh
How did our eyes get so red?
And what the hell is on Joey’s head?

There they were, waving and smiling as if everything was ok. It had been at least twenty years since this picture was taken and little did we know then what life had in store for us. This was the day we graduated from Hogwarts. Every Gryffindor from our year was in the photo: James, Lily, Sirius, Peter, Alice, Marlene, Emmeline and me. The family I had for seven years and now they were gone…

This is where I grew up
I think the present owner fixed it up
I never knew we ever went without
The second floor is hard for sneakin’ out

Hogwarts was my home. Before I went to school, I had no friends. Who would want to be friends with a werewolf? Not until I met James, Sirius and Peter, did I know what it was to have friends. We got into so much trouble and snuck out all the time. We knew every secret passage Hogwarts had and used them frequently. The girls were great friends too. Lily, being as smart as she was, figured out my “furry little problem” in third year. Yet she still loved me as if I were her own brother. She and her friends were always there for me. All my friends were. Now…

This is where I went to school
Most of the time had better things to do
Criminal record says I broke in twice
I must’ve done it half a dozen times

I had my first friends at Hogwarts, and my first love. Marlene McKinnon. Wow she was beautiful and loved me for me. Lily and Alice set us up. Both Marlene and myself were way too shy to make the first move. Lily got tired of us sneaking looks at each other and took matters into her own hands. If only Lily took her own advice, she and James would have had more time together…

I wonder if it’s too late
Should I go back and try to graduate
Life’s better now than it was back then
If I was them, I wouldn’t let me in

Even though we were safe inside the halls of Hogwarts, the war was raging on the outside. It wasn’t long after this photograph was taken that we were all thrown into the war against evil and our lives changed forever…

Every memory of looking out the back door
I had the photo album spread out on my bedroom floor
It’s hard to say
It’s time to say it
Goodbye, Goodbye
Every memory of walking out the front door
I found the photo of the friend that I was looking for

It's hard to say
It’s time to say it
Goodbye, Goodbye

I went back to teach at Hogwarts and found so many memories I tried so hard to hide. It was too hard for me to grip what had happened all those years ago. Now I was face to face with everything. All of the good and the bad memories were contained in this one place. The times James and Sirius spent joking and pranking everyone. Those two spent more time in detention then the rest of Hogwarts combined…

Remember the old arcade
Blew every dollar that we ever made
The cops hated us hangin’ out
They say somebody went and burned it down

Then there was Harry. The first time I saw him, I saw James and Lily inside of him. He is the bravest person I know and I know James and Lily would have been proud. They were taken too suddenly and Harry never knew the things he should know about them.
I remember when James and Lily first got together. Everyone knew it should happen, but Lily was stubborn. James thought she’d never give in. He had almost given up on her…almost…

We used to listen to the radio
And sing along with every song we’d know
We said someday we’d find out how it feels
To sing to more than just the steering wheel

The Marauders were going to start a joke shop to rival even the Weasley’s. We had it all planned out and once the war was over, it would be ready to go. Lily and the girls even liked the idea. But then everything went so horribly wrong…

Kim’s the first girl I kissed
I was so nervous that I nearly missed
She’s had a couple of kids since then
I haven’t seen her since God knows when

Marlene, how I miss her! She was my everything. Then she was stolen from me just like everyone else. Voldemort killed her because I wouldn’t join him. I wouldn’t spy on James and Lily for him, so Marlene was stolen from me. We were going to be married. Two days before the wedding, she was gone…

I miss that town
I miss their faces
You can’t erase
You can’t replace it
I miss it now
I can’t believe it
So hard to stay
Too hard to leave it
If I could relive those days
I know the one thing that would never change

I’ve never been able to get past losing everything. Everyone I have ever known and loved is gone. It’s just me now. Tonks wants me to marry her, but how can I? Everyone that loves me dies. Peter is still around, but not for long. It’s entirely his fault…his and Voldemort’s. Harry will take care of Voldemort, but I want Peter. He took my family and Harry’s. It’s time to say Goodbye to them. I will see them all again someday. For now, I need to be there for Harry and win this war!

Look at this photograph
Every time I do it makes me laugh
Every time I do it makes me

Remus stood up and put the picture of him and all his old friends back on his dresser. He looked at it often and thought about everything it meant. All the love and loss. James, Lily, Sirius, Marlene and Emmeline were all dead now. Alice and her husband, Frank, we completely lost on this world. Peter was a dirty traitor rat. Remus, well he was still alive, but his heart was with his family.