Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Perfect Day (one-shot) by MrGibenz

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
As I sat in my bed with the curtains closed around me, I felt as if I were dreaming. Surely I would wake up any minute. But as I pinched myself for the billionth time, I realized it wasn't a dream. Today had been the perfect day.

It all started two days ago, when I suddenly noticed how cute James Potter was. I had always hated him in the years that we'd known each other, yet he seemed so much more mature this year. He had been made Head Boy, and I, Head Girl, so we would be seeing a lot more of each other this year. Surprisingly I was actually looking forward to it, I would never have admitted that to any of my friends though, since I had a reputation of despising James, or as I had always called him, Potter. He had liked me since first year at Hogwarts, but I had always seen him as a arrogant prat, which he had been until this year. James had pursued me every year all year, trying to get me to go out with him. In fifth year, I totally went off on him and he stopped asking me out after that. I thought he had quit liking me, I mean I would’ve quit liking me too. I honestly believed he had stopped liking me, but then today happened.

Then, this evening as we were patrolling the corridors, as head boy and girl, together, he asked me why I had always hated him. I told him the truth, that he was so arrogant that I was surprised he didn’t topple over with a head as big as his own. Then, he preceded to tell me that he was sorry for being such a prat, and that he had always liked me and wondered if anything could ever happen between us. I started to tell him no, but I just couldn't, because suddenly I felt myself wishing that something would happen between us. James noticed my struggle to find words. I said that I didn't know. He stopped and turned and looked me straight in the eyes and asked if I wanted something to happen. I started to stutter and looked down at my shoes as blood rushed to my face. He lifted my chin so that I was looking at him again and said he'd been waiting for this day for the last six years. I started to ask why but before the word even came to my lips, he had leaned in and kissed me. I seriously was so shocked that I didn't do anything. He pulled away and looked at me with questioning eyes.

"Lily--" he began to say but before he got any further, my senses had finally come back to me and I was kissing him. He was slightly shocked, but he got into it pretty quickly. After we broke apart, I glanced at my watch.

"Our head duties are over," I told him with a smile. We walked back to Gryffindor common room and just sat and talked for another hour, wondering how in the world we had survived the last couple years without one another. Then we decided we’d go check out our head dormitories, since we had never went in there yet, as it was only the fourth day of school. We walked down the hall, hand in hand, to the portrait of Doris the one-eyed dwarf.

“Password?” the portrait asked.

“Lumos,” I responded and the painting swung forward to reveal a cute little sitting room area with doors on each side, one said Lily and the other said James. We started to look around the room and found another door, we opened it to find a swimming pool sized bath tub.

“Whoa, totally going to swim laps in that tomorrow,” James said with a grin. I smiled back and turned to go investigate my own room. I opened the door and found a four-poster bed, a fireplace, a bookshelf full of books, and a cute little couch. I turned and walked over to see what James’ room looked like and found that it looked exactly like mine.

“Being Head Boy and Girl definately has its perks, huh?” I whispered in his ear.

“I’d say. And I’m so glad that you are Head Girl with me, rather than some other girl.”

“That’s good to know,” I said, as I kissed him.

“Well I say we stay here for the night.”

“I agree.” We went and sat on one of the couches together and I fell asleep in his arms. A little later, he woke me up and told me we should probably both go to our beds so that we weren’t sore in the morning. I agreed and now, here I am telling you the story of my perfect day.