Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Ginny's Midnight Drama by Mind_Over_Matter

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Disclaimer: I disclaim ownership of everything in this story, except for the situation I have put the characters in. As for everything else, that belongs to JK Rowling.

This is just a short little ficlet of mine, that's good for a giggle.
Ginny's Midnight Drama



“Harry! Oh, my goodness, HARRY! Wake up, please! Please, for me? Please, Harry, WAKE UP!” she sobbed, over Harry’s body, quivering, and she slumped, her hands resting lightly on his chest. She blinked hard. The pain mixed horribly with anger, anger at him. It was all his fault. If it hadn’t been for that one man, she would not be left like this. She would not be left with no one. No one by her side. What did she ever do to deserve this? What had she ever done that was so wrong? But she would have her revenge. She would“



Harry groaned, lifting his arms over his face, and rubbing his eyes.



“Ginny, must you do this every night?” he asked, his voice weak with sleep. “I mean, I understand that Ron and Hermione are gone “ I get that, really I do. And I understand that you don’t want to sit all by yourself, but“” he yawned. “But it’s three in the bloody morning! Why are you even awake?” Ginny blinked, her eyes slightly sore from being awake so late. She muttered quietly, shaking her head and leaning back from Harry, who had sat up and put on the glasses beside his bed.



“Ok, Ginny. It’s ok. Calm down…” He leaned forward and gave her a hug. “Ok, what’s wrong?”



“They’ve gone. They’ve gone, and now I don’t know what to do.”



“Ginny, you’re not even at school.”



“I know, but “ Harry, the NEWTs are just after the holidays! What if I fail?”



“Listen to me. You’re not stupid. You’re trying hard. I’m sure you’ll do great.”



“I guess so,” she murmured, and bit her lip. Harry sighed.



“Ok, which subject?” Ginny let out a little grin.



“Defence Against the Dark Arts. I knew you’d know best. I usually ask Hermione these things, but she’s on her Honeymoon, so here I am.”



“Well, I’m glad to know I was your second preference,” Harry told her, stretching his arms.



“Actually, the first person I would usually try is Moody," said Ginny brightly, "but we all know what happened the last time I woke him up in the middle of the night.”



“Err“”



“Then Lupin, you know, because he taught it, but I can’t find him. I tried everywhere! I mean, I don’t know when the full moon is, but then he’s usually just hanging in some room in wolf form, but I still couldn’t find him! I asked everyone! Mum, Dad, Fred, George, Bill in London, Charlie in Romania…”



“Ginny“”



“I asked Fenir, but he said in Azkaban, there was no way in h“” she looked at the rating, and changed her word choices, “no way in hemp he would know, and besides, he didn’t give a sh“” she checked the rating again, “didn’t give a sheep where he was anyway. So I thought I’d ask Snape, but obviously Snape would probably know better anyway, so I…”



Ginny“”



“I went to Hogwarts, but he wasn’t there, so I tried Spinner’s“”



“You tried what?”



“I tried Spinner’s End. Wormtail said he didn’t know, and he didn’t know where Snape was but he wasn’t going to be back for a while. We had some tea, and then I realised I had to find out, so then I thought, ‘who got top NEWTs?’”



“So you came here?”



“No, silly," said Ginny obviously, "I went to see Percy. However, Percy was busy in a meeting, so I thought Hermione would know. I went to her room, and she wasn’t there, and I remembered she was on her Honeymoon, and I couldn’t go after Ron, either, because I thought he went well on his NEWT, and he’s planning on being an Auror, but hasn’t finished studying.”



“No, he’s with Hermione. And he's not training to be an“”



“So then I went to Tonks’s house because I figured, hey, she’s an Auror already, she’s got to know, but she had disappeared too, just like Professor Lupin! Isn’t that weird?”



“Not reall“”



“So then I went to Kingsley’s house, and he was asleep. I tried to wake him, up, but he snored really, really loudly and gave me a headache, so I left. Then I thought maybe I could just ask Lucius Malfoy, because he was really evil for all that time.”



“Ginny, Lucius Malfoy is still“”



“But he said that I gave him a headache “ can’t think why. So he said I should ask Draco “ you know, evil-in-training, but Draco said he didn’t want me to pass my NEWTs anyway, and his knowledge would only be used for evil. He gave me a cup of tea, so I stayed for a bit, you know, just in case he’d decide to tell me, but he didn’t, so I thought maybe I could ask Karkaroff“”



“Karkaroff is dead.”



“Well, obviously that was a bit of trouble. I tried summoning the dead, but it didn’t work, so I thought I would go and get help from Professor Trelawney. Well, she said she could summon him but it didn’t work “ I’m not sure why. She apologised, and gave me a cup of tea. Anyway, then I thought, well, if you can’t reach evil’s minions, why not try evil himself?”



“You didn’t…”



“Well, I decided to try You Know Who, but his house was empty, and the diary was already destroyed, of course. I didn’t know what to do! So I thought maybe I could find out where he was. I went to Bellatrix Lestrange’s house, and there was this weird black-cloaked figure there. I asked what it was doing in Bella’s house, and it hissed at me and I thought maybe it was You Know Who and I wouldn’t have to keep looking. Anyway, I took off its cloak“”



You WHAT?



““ and it was actually You Know Who’s snake. So I asked how it was going, and if she had seen You Know Who lately, and the snake said sorry, and that maybe I should try another day, because he’s hard to find when he’s not wanting to be found. So I said thank you to her, but I still want to find him. I thought, who better to ask than his arch enemy himself, so here I am. Where’s old Voldy then?”



Harry sighed.



“Ginny?”



“Yeah?”



“I really, really shouldn’t have given the twins the recipe for Babbling Beverage for their birthday.”



“Yeah. Yeah, that was a really stupid thing to do.”



Le Fin