Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Fatally Yours by Cabalistic Love

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Stealing Glances


“ Ron! Harry! It’s so good to see you! Its seems like forever since I last saw you two!” Shouted Hermione, while she pushed her way through the crowded streets of Diagon Alley. It was the seventh and final year at Hogwarts and she had become the Head Girl over the summer. This was expected, naturally, because during her past six years at Hogwarts Hermione had always followed the rules and took great pride in her studies. It was not easy, studying all the time as she did, but she had finally gotten what she had always wanted, the position of Head Girl.

Over the summer the fact that she had become Head Girl was not the only new thing about Hermione. During the vacation Hermione changed and grew like a normal teenager, but in a way that no one had anticipated. During the summer her legs had become longer, her big brown eyes had seemed to have lost some of their innocence, making her seem older, yet still young. Her hair had become shinier and more managble and her eyelashes had become thick and dark. Her normally thin pink lips had gained the bee stung look and seemed to have gotten larger. Besides the changes in appearance, Hermione had also gained more confidence with boys and now she hoped to become more social.

As soon as the two boys turned, they immedatly stopped grinning and just stared. They saw what she had become, and obviously they liked it. They still loved Hermione as a best friend only because over the summer they had changed too, but more in an emotion development kind of way instead of physical changes. They had both gotten girlfriends and acted less immature, though as the rest of us know, they will never become fully mature. They will always keep some of that boyish immaturity which is what gives them such great charm.

“Oh you two, shut your mouths, you look like you’ve seen a ghost. I guess I changed a bit over the summer, don’t you think?” Hermione said, with same tone of voice as always, slightly mature yet girlish.

“You really have changed ‘Mione. Its seems like a whole new you, right mate?” replied Harry, nudging the still shocked Ron.

“ Uhhh… yea.. you look…really different….” Ron managed to say.

“I like how my hair decided to finally allow me to handle it and the way my lips became fuller, but I am having a hard time with my legs. Do you know how hard it is to find a pair of pants that fit? Honestly it’s like trying to find a needle in a haystack…….” Hermione said.

“What’s a haystack?” Ron said, looking confused.

“Never mind, it’s a muggle thing. Did you see the courses we are taking this year? Its fascinating, Muggle Studies, Transfiguration, Defense against the Dark Arts! But then again we have to take potions again as well….” said and obviously happy Hermione.
“ Ummm… if you hadn’t noticed Hermione, those are the same courses we always take….” Harry said with a look on his face that said “Hello, come back to Earth.”

“I know silly, but they are always different! We always learn something new and exciting!”, said Hermione joyously. “Come on you two we have to get to the station. The train will be there soon!”

“All right, all right. Geez woman, slow down!” Harry and Ron both replied.

At The Station


“ Hermione you go first since you are the Head Girl, set an example for the rest of the student body.” Harry said, making fun of her eagerness to get to school to fulfill her duties as Head girl.

“Yes, of course I will.” She replied, not noticing the joke.

She then ran full speed into the wall between platforms ten and nine just like always, but this time she turned her head slightly and saw something that took her breath away. He stood with his to idiot friends that were like body guards, and seemed to have an air about him. Though he seemed like an arrogant fool, he was magnificent. His platinum blond locks were tousled into a perfect I “just-got-out-of-bed look and his shining silvery- blue eyes were filled with passion. He had a wonderful body muscular but not too much and it showed through his tight fitting black shirt and scruffy jeans. But as soon as she hit the wall she realized, the boy that had just taken her breath away was none other than Draco Malfoy.

“No, I can’t think of him like that.” She thought when she came through the walls walking towards the train. “For the past six years he has made my life a living hell. I can’t think of him after the numerous times he has called me a mudblood.” Though she cursed away the thoughts of him, she couldn’t help but wonder what thinking would hurt.

While waiting with his cronies, Crabbe and Goyle, as he saw a dashing young woman pass through the wall at platform 9 ¾. He watched her in amazement as she confidently strode past, her hair shining, lips full and slightly red, and her legs seem like they would go on forever. She had a toned body, showing that she took care of herself without going to far. She had inviting brown eyes that seem to call you and still seem innocent at the same time. When she was about to hit the wall he saw her turn her head and it hit him. This woman who he had gazed at with thoughts of lust was the know-it-all bookworm, Hermione Granger. He had hated this girl since he met her, but he couldn’t seem to think of a reason why, except for the fact that she was not of pure blood. He tried to banish the thoughts away, but at the same time he still thought of the way she moved and how she had grown.

After they both realized who they were, they quickly tried to ignore the fact that they had been stealing glances.


A/N- Please take a little time to leave me a review! I really do appreaciate it!