Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Fatally Yours by Cabalistic Love

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Halloween Ball


It has been a few months and over this time Hermione and Draco continued to ignore each other; well they tried to but didn’t really succeed. At first, they did not speak to each other except when they had to and that was about the Halloween Ball. After he had told Pansy about Draco had to go through with it. He had Dumbledore okay it and that was it. They had to plan it so Draco and Hermione were forced to speak to each other. They tried not to show emotion to one another because they didn’t understand what they felt. It was mixed emotions running through each other their heads. Everything as so hard to do because their communication block, but some how they did it. Everything was perfect. The great hall was to be decorated with usual Halloween decorations, meaning the muggle type such as fake spiders and limbs, cobwebs and hands that grab you, but better. The muggle band The Early November was set to play because they were fun and because both Hermione and Draco liked their music. When they were nearing the end of the time to find a date and neither of them had one, they couldn’t hold it in anymore. They had to talk to each other. To at least try to find out what had happened. But they couldn’t understand. Not quite yet because Hermione didn’t want to reveal her plans and neither of them could think of something to say. But because of the silence they grew to now each other, see each others little flaws. Hermione noticed that Draco liked to hum when working and Draco noticed that Hermione was a complete slob when it comes to her own drawers in her dresser. From watching each other, stealing a simple glance or smile, they became sort of friend. Unintentionally of course. When the day of the dance was coming nearer, Draco decided to ask Hermione to the dance. It came out all of a sudden, like it was forced out of him. She had never seen him like he was when he asked. He seemed very nervous, and he was in a cold sweat. When he asked she was slightly surprised and then, while smirking, she asked “What will your friends think of it? Wait, what do I care? Of course!” and with that she leaped into his arms fro a hug. Tonight is the night of the dance and the theme is couples. Hermione and Draco are going as fire and ice, Hermione being the fire and Draco being the ice.

Draco was pacing while he was waiting for Hermione to come down for the dance. He was nervous and excited at the same time. His heart kept beating faster and faster as the he waited for what seemed like an eternity before he called to her.

“Hermione? When are you coming down? We are going to be late for our own dance that we set up. Remember we have to get there early to help the band set up!” he shouted towards her door.

A muffled “I will be down in a minute.” is all the got for a reply.

“Bloody hell. What is it with woman and taking so damn long getting ready. This better b e good.” He thought, while going into the kitchen for a drink to calm is nerves.

Just as he had turned to get his drink he heard the door open. At the noise he turned around and saw one of the most beautiful things in his entire life. Hermione was dressed in her fire costume and it was more than anyone could have expected. She was wearing a short dress made of red silk. It had a corset top and was strapless. The skirt was varying lengths and layers of orange, yellow and red silk. She had on red fishnets and red stilettos heels. That was just her outfit. Her eyes were charmed to be a glowing red, though normally this would be scary looking, but she made it seem enchanting. Her eye make up was a smokey eye and her lips were a cherry red. She had charmed her hair to go straight up and look like fire, though it was not harmful to touch. She last thing he noticed about her was that she wore a single earring made up of a single dangling ruby and that she had a small clutch purse that looked like it was made up entirely of rubies. It glittered just like her eyes and was gorgeous, though it was not nearly as beautiful as Hermione herself.

“Well, pick up your jaw and don’t look at me as if you never knew I was a woman. Honestly, you men are so strange. Anyway, sorry it took so long. It was hard to charm my hair this way. The first time I got it to look like fire, it felt like fire as well so I had to try again. You look amazing, by the way.” She said, while stumbling down the stairs slowly, not being used to the heels.

“I….uhh…you look….uhhh….pretty….Hermione….” Draco said flabbergasted. “Damn, she cleans up well!” he thought to himself as he slapped himself for not saying anything better than, “You look pretty”.

“Ummm, sorry Hermione, its just I have never seen anything so beautiful before and you just took my speaking abilities away. Actually, you took my brain away because I can’t seem to function properly at the moment.” He said while trying to walk towards her, though he kept fumbling with his own feet.

“That’s all right. I was thinking to myself that you look very good yourself.” Hermione said while secretly thinking he looked better than good.

Draco had dusted his skin with a light blue color, to make it seem as it he was frozen and he made his hair crystallize. He was wearing a tuxedo, but it was made of a pale blue silk and it looked like ice. It didn’t look cheesy, like something from a prom reject pile, but it looked genuinely like ice. He wore normal dress shoes, though those too were made of a light blue color. The only thing on him that didn’t look like ice was brilliant red rose that Hermione had pinned to his jacket. She had given him a red rose as a touch of fire and he had given her a rose made out of ice to give her ice. Together they looked amazing, like a portrayal of fire and ice in a human form.

When they both finally regained control of themselves and they began to move again, they both tried to talk at once, but ended up laughing together instead. When they calmed themselves down for the second time they decided to get to the Ball. After all they had set it all up and they didn’t want to miss it. Hermione made it to the portrait hole first but before she could step out, Draco grabbed her arm and pulled her up to him.

“I thought I could cool you off a bit, you know, just so you don’t set anything on fire.” He said, looking into her eyes.

Just as he said those last words, he puller her up even closer to himself and kissed her. It was soft and strong at the same time and both of them seemed to savor every moment of it. This kiss was just what they needed to turn friendship into romance and it woke them both up.

When they finally released each other, they again looked into each others eyes and walked out the portrait hole together, holding each others hand.