Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Fatally Yours by Cabalistic Love

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Waiting For The Moment To Strike

As Hermione and Draco began their walk towards the Great Hall, where the dance was going to be located, they were stopped by Peeves.

“Awww, looky ‘ere what a cute couple. Never expected this. Hmmm….. I wonder if the rest of the school knows. I shall tell them even if they know already. Ta ta love birds…” he shouted, like he always does, before turning around quickly and heading in the opposite direction.

“No, Peeves, stop! You can’t tell them!!” Hermione shouted at the top of her lungs, nearly knocking herself over in her high heels.

“It’s all right Hermione.” Draco said in calm, soothing voice. “I was going to make an announcement about it at the dance anyway.”

“What? And you didn’t tell me? Look, Draco, if there is going to be something between us, you better tell me things. Otherwise I won’t trust.” Hermione said with a warning tone in her voice.

“Don’t worry sweetheart, its ok. I took care of everything. I only wanted to surprise you. Even though I was going to announce us, there was something much more important that I wanted you to hear. I still want you to hear it, so I am still going to make an announcement.” He said, his eyes glimmering at the thought of his own secret plans.

“Oh, all right then. I hope you won’t embarrass me.” She said, making her voice sound like she was joking.

“I wonder what he is going to say to me.” Hermione thought. “It’s a bit to fast to be love isn’t it? I mean my feelings for him are surprisingly strong, but I don’t know. All of this happened so quickly.” Her thoughts made her frown a bit causing Draco to ask her what was wrong.

“Oh nothing, just wondering what your surprise for me is.” Hermione said, smiling.

“Oh, wouldn’t you like to know.” He said as a devilish grin appeared on his face.

“Of course I want to know! I’m only human. Oh my god, we better get going to the dance! We are Head Boy and Girl and we are late!” Hermione said quickly as she hurried towards the Great Hall, pulling Draco along behind her.

“Hermione, stop there is something I want to tell you, before we get to the dance.” Draco said, pulling her back, closer to him.

“Well, hurry up we really need to get going!” Hermione said, obviously flustered.

“Come here, I’m going to whisper it in your ear.” He said, pulling her right up next to him.

When his face was only inches away from hers, she turned her head so he could whisper in her ear. Though almost immediately after she turned her head, he grabbed her head and puller her lips up to hers. He pulled her into a passionate kiss that seemed to last forever. To both of them, the world just twirled around them, just like in the movies. He released her from the kiss and she still had her eyes shut.

Then, after she opened her eyes, she gazed into his eyes and thought “Maybe love does happen quickly, maybe there is such thing as soul mates. Who knows, but all I can think about right know is how much I just want hi to hold me in his arms.” Then she slowly looked away for a moment.

“She has no idea what’s in store for her when I announce us at the dance. I am going to blow her away. Smash her to pieces that can never be put back together. That kiss was just the poison laced cherry at the top of my evil sundae.” He thought as a malicious grin worked its way on to his face.

“I wonder what he is thinking about right now.” She thought as soon as she turned her gaze back onto him. “He looks like he got away with murder or something….”

Her thoughts were violently interrupted as he puller her away towards the dance and said, “Hermione, we’d better get going!”

“Oh my goodness, we’d better.” She nearly shouted as she walked a bit faster. “Everyone must be waiting for us. I hope everything was set up properly. Oh, I wonder if they made the house elves do everything, the poor creatures, mistreated all of the time. I must speak with them after the dance…..” Hermione rambled on as they made their way closer and closer to the Great Hall.

“You’re right; everyone must be waiting for us…..” Draco said, though it seemed like he was very distant.

When the finally reached the Great Hall, They took each other’s hand and looked at each other again. Draco was the first to break the silence.

“Well, here we are. Are you ready?” Draco asked.

“Of course I am, why wouldn’t I be?” Hermione answered.

“I don’t know, I just thought it was a good thing to say at the time. Anyways, I just want you to remember that I have a special surprise for you, right at the closing speech. Remember to be close to the stage.” Draco said, his steely gray eyes peering into her chocolate brown ones.

“I wouldn’t miss it for the world.” She said, a smile slowly bringing itself upon her face.
With those final words, they stepped into the Great Hall.

A/N- Please take a little time to review my story! I really do appreciate it and i always respond to my reviews!