Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Fatally Yours by Cabalistic Love

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: The title was inspired by this song.



There’s no mystery no more
There’s no talking to you
You had other things in store
I guess i felt i was through
T answered every question
As accurately as i could
I don’t hear from you no more
But i get the message
Crashed your car through my front door
I pulled you from the wreckage
You told me that you miss me
But you meant with the grill and hood
You’d kill me if you could
If it’s okay
I’ll just grab my shit and leave
I won’t say one word
I’ll keep my tricks up my sleeve
You flew off the handle
You opened fire on me
Put me down, put me out of misery
I’m fatally yours
You set fire to me that night
Lit and left me burning
Out of my mind, but in my sight
I saw the tables turning
I had a friend that needed me
Had a wish that won't come true
Now it's killing two
If it’s okay
I’ll just grab my shit and leave
I won’t say one word
I’ll keep my tricks up my sleeve
You flew off the handle
Opened fire on me
Put me down, put me out of misery
I’m fatally yours



Fatally Yours


As soon s they walked into the Great Hall, everything went silent. Everyone was just staring at them in disbelief. They thought that what Peeves had said was just a Halloween joke and didn’t think much of it. Until now.

“Oh Draco, they seem as if we are hallucinations or something, like we aren’t even here,” Hermione said in a hushed voice to Draco.

“Don’t worry, love. They will get used to it and even if they don’t that shouldn’t stop us,” Draco whispered into her ear.

“Oh all right, I hope they understand though,” Hermione whispered back, a worrying look upon her face.

They began to walk forward and the band started up again. Everyone still stared but they tried to make it seem as if nothing happened. They were polite, in a way, because they complimented them on putting together such a great dance and telling them how wonderful their costumes were. When the finally reached the stage, Draco pulled himself up and then reached down to grab Hermione’s arm. When she was half way up, she slipped and almost fell down, flat on her butt, but before she could, Draco said, “Don’t worry, I won’t let you fall.” And pulled her back up towards the stage.

“I knew you wouldn’t let me fall,” Hermione said looking thankful.

“You don’t even know,” Draco said, in a barely audible voice.

“What was that?” Hermione asked curiously.

“Nothing, I am going to make that announcement now, so you better listen,” he said, with a smirk forming upon his face.

“Don’t worry, I will,” she said, while pushing a piece of his hair behind his ear.

Her touch feels so good against my skin. He thought. Maybe I shouldn’t do this. No, I must, after all she is only a worthless Mudblood.

Then, after she pushed his hair behind his ear, Draco turned and took the microphone from the lead singer of the band.

“Everyone, I have and announcement to make, but I would first like to say that I hope you are enjoying this wonderful dance. I would like to thank all of the people helping out and I hope they get some time to relax and enjoy it as well. Now, I would like to say a few things to Hermione Granger here. I would like to say she looks amazing tonight even though she is a Mudblood. I would also like to say that oops, I have been leading you on. Sorry if I forgot to tell you that one, you disgust me and kissing you was like eating dirt. I could never love a person like you, you filthy Mudblood. Don’t seem so sad, you didn’t seriously think I liked you did you? Aww, you did. How cute. Anyway, now that this is over, I would like Pansy to dance with me." As Draco finished his bitter speech, he jumped off stage to find Pansy.

Hermione was left on the stage, in a state of shock. Tears began to stream down her face and her eyes, which she had charmed red, went back to their normal brown color. Her makeup began to spread down her face and she pulled her hands over her eyes. After one final look into the crowd after Draco, she ran from the stage and out of the Great Hall. Harry, Ron, and Ginny followed after her but it was no good. She would not let anyone in.

When Harry, Ron, and Ginny made their way back to the dance, solemnly, they looked onstage to see Dumbledore addressing the crowd.

“I am sorry to end this dance early, but it seems as if we have had a major problem. I will make it up to you all, as I know you have been waiting for this for a long time. Good night and make sure you get some rest,” he said, with sympathy in his voice.

As he walked away form the stage and into the large crowd of disappointed students, Harry, Ron and Ginny caught up with him.

“Dumbledore, what are we going to do about Hermione. That wanker Malfoy, completely shattered her,” Harry said his voice filled with anger and sadness.

“I’ll beat him to a bloody pulp, I will,” Ron commented, before looking up to see his headmaster a scolding look.

“There will be no need for that Mr. Weasly. Learn to control your temper. As for Hermione, it has been taken care of. This is something that needed immediate assistant so plans have already been made,” he said.

“What plans?” Ginny asked, curiously.

“Oh, I suppose I should tell you now, for you are her closest friends. The rest of the teachers and I have decided to send Hermione to another school to get over this. It will be sad to lose our best student, but she will not want to face him daily,” Dumbledore told them, sadness in his voice.

“What!? You can’t be saying that! She can’t leave! What will we do without her?” They all said in unison.

“Calm down, calm down. I am just as angry as you are, but I feel this is the best way for her to get over this. She won’t be very far away so I will allow you three to visit her. I want you all to go to sleep; you have to get up early tomorrow to say your good byes,” Dumbledore said.

“I can’t believe she is really going to go,” Harry said, trying not to believe it.

“I know, I think of her as a sister,” Ginny said, looking down at the floor.

After a few moments of sitting together in silence, they finally decided to go up to bed. Saying their good nights, they departed.

Morning did not come soon enough. When Hermione finally left, it was after tears had been shed and distraught good byes had been said. Then they faced their final years without her.



After being loveless and hating to go near anyone of the opposite sex other than Ron and Harry, Hermione finally decided to open her heart to someone new. She was very hard on love, for it had burned her once and she didn’t want it to happen again. This time she chose someone perfect for her and she ended up very happy. The same did not happen to Draco, though.

After Hermione left, Draco was just his normal self, still getting any girl he wanted, but somehow he felt like he was missing something. After he graduated from Hogwarts, the emptiness began to take over and he didn’t feel like anything but a cold empty shell. He knew what was missing, his one and only love, Hermione.

Each day he questioned why, and slapped himself until he couldn’t take it anymore. He had found out that Hermione was with someone new and he couldn’t handle it. He snapped, wondering why she could give him up easily but he could not give her up. He pondered this until one day he was found, dead and cold, laying on the floor after committing suicide by poison.

He had written a note and that note was sent to Hermione because that was to whom it was addressed to. She received it one sunny day, when she had come home from work. As soon as she opened it, she sat down, bawling. She then read the note aloud, trying to comprehend it better.

My dearest Hermione,
I am writing this to you in hopes you receive it before it is too late. I have always loved you, though I am stupid and foolish, so I shattered you. Those times we were together are the only moments of happiness I can ever remember. I know you have moved on from me, but I will never move on from you. Everything is so cold, and each day I feel as if another part of me dies. I can no long bear life, for it has come to be so terrible. I live for nothing but you and you are something I broke a long time ago. I can’t live without you anymore, so I have decided that there is no need for me to live anymore. Please be happy, for the thoughts I have of your smile, your touch and your kiss have kept me alive for so long.
Fatally yours,
Draco


After reading his sad letter, Hermione found out that he had in fact killed himself. She mourned him for days, not being able to handle the thought of his death, until one day when she wasn’t sad anymore.

She decided that he had lost her long ago and that he wasn’t something worth crying over. He had lost her, she hadn’t lost him.


A/N-Well, there you have it, the ending. I have enjoyed reading all of your reviews and I would still like to read more because they could possibly encourage me to contine writing fanfiction! I hope you all enjoyed it. Here is a big thanks to my faithful reviewrs: thestral horse, Beci, wizard girl, akasha, dracolover, lucillaq, vghpbanned, meandmysharpie, and xGemmax!