Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Fatally Yours by Cabalistic Love

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Fiery Emotions


Upon reaching the castle, both Draco and Hermione tried to separate, but to no avail. As soon as they tried to different carriages to take them to the castle they were informed that the Head Boy and Girl had to arrive in the same carriage as a symbol of friendship. Then, as if things didn’t seem as if they could get worse, during the feast and the sorting not only were they not allowed to eat at their house tables, they had to eat at the head table with all of the professors, sitting right next to each other.

“Malfoy, scoot over! You have left me barely enough room to set my plate of the damn table!” Hermione growled, suddenly feeling angry.

“Well, that’s because it’s all the room you deserve, you stupid Mudblood.” Draco drawled slowly.

“That’s enough! I can’t take anymore of your crap! As soon as the feast is over I am going to complain to the Headmaster. There is no way you are going to be Head Boy if you are going to constantly degrade me!” Hermione shouted eyes ablaze with fiery emotions.

“Is that so, Granger? You think that if you go whine to your little headmaster that things will get all better? If this is how you feel then you are quite mistaken, my dear, because if you do I will make your life a living hell all year. By the end you will be wrapped around my little finger, and I will make you quiver with fear.” Draco snarled, leaning his face closer to hers.

“Just try it you stuck up son of a bitch!” Hermione said, mocking his voice in such a way that it seemed as if she really was inviting him to try.

“We’ll settle this later, Mudblood.” Draco said quickly, noticing that they were about to be presented.

When the feasting was over and everyone was leaving the great hall, Draco and Hermione were called to stay behind to learn about their duties as well as be told where their dormitories were located.

“As Head Boy and Girl, you shall be in charge of directing the prefects as well as tending to the balls and dances, any parties that occur and the safety of the students. Not only this but it is your duty to set an example for the rest of the students that a Gryffindor and Slytherin can be friends. Now, if you will please follow me, I will show you where you will be residing the rest of the year.” Dumbledore told them.

After continuing up a few sets of stairs and walking down a few hallways, they finally reached the destination they had hoped to arrive at. The painting guarding their dormitories and common room was none other than a painting of Dumbledore himself.

“I always did like this painting of me,” Dumbledore said, while winking at the painting. “The password for this opening will be Phoenix, and no, it cannot be changed. I will just show you into the common room and then I will be on my way. There is always much to do on the first day of school.

“This is your common room, decorated in the colors of both of your houses. It is done in a most tasteful way if I do say so myself. Hermione your room is on the left and Draco yours is on the right. Both have passwords, which you can set in the morning. If you have any questions at all, don’t hesitate to ask.” Dumbledore told them, and with his final words he left.

The common room was truly magnificent. With drapes of a shimmering gold and a sofa and chairs of silver, it looked very elegant yet something about it was very relaxed. The walls were a lovely red and the trim was all green. There was cozy little kitchen far off to the left and a large fireplace with a wooden desk with a few chairs around it across from it. The lighting in the room was not just a few candles or lamps it was an enchanted ceiling, just like the great hall, but different. There was something about it that was just purely magical. It was very romantic, though neither Draco nor Hermione made any mention of that.

“It’s so beautiful,” Hermione said softly, still in awe.

“I have seen much better,” replied Draco, ever the arrogant jerk.

“I don’t care what you think, since anything I like you immediately hate,” Hermione said snapping at him. “I’m tired and I don’t fell like arguing right now so I am going up to my room.”

“What the hell makes you think I care, Granger?” Draco said.


“Nothing in just felt like saying it. I will, unfortunately, see you in the morning, Malfoy,” Hermione said, in a tone of voice so bitter that it would make flowers shrivel and die. After saying this she quickly turned and briskly walked up the stairs to her room. Upon entering she felt much more relaxed.

This room was quite lovely as well, she thought to herself. I really like how the walls are a nice periwinkle instead of red or gold for a change. Not that I don’t like red or gold, but I guess they get kind of boring after a while.

Looking around her room she found out that she had a brilliant white dresser and desks set, as well as a nice white canopy bed. There were hardwood floors, but in the center there was a plush sage green rug.

“I could really get used to this.” Hermione thought, before heading off into the bathroom to get changed.

Stupid mudblood, she must spend so much time around Potty and Weasel that even the most simple thing rooms such as this are beautiful. I sort of pity her. Wait, never mind, I don’t pity her at all. She isn’t worth my time, Draco thought.


A few moments later, after taking everything in, he left to go to his room. His room was exactly like Hermione’s but instead of periwinkle and white his color combination was dark blue and black. After deciding he didn’t care about anything, he quickly changed and went to sleep.


A/N- Please take a little time to leave me a review! I really do appreaciate it!