Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Fatally Yours by Cabalistic Love

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Pure Passion


When her cd had finally ended and she had finished all of her homework, even though she felt as if her heart had been shattered, Hermione wearily rose from her desk and made her way out of her room and down the stairs so that she was in their common room. The sight of the brilliant greens and silvers made her gag and shed just one more silent tear. Why was she such an emotional train wreck, after all it was only Malfoy and for the past six years she had managed to keep him from getting under her skin?

“But a lot has happened in those six years. I think that my skin must be wearing thin.” She thought, unhappy about her weakened outer shell. “I can’t let him get to me. He is nothing but a selfish worm that deserves nothing more that the dirt of some hideous part of the earth. I don’t care anymore and as soon as I see him again I will be as hateful as he as always been to me!” she thought, furious at herself and at him for making her this way.

As soon as the last thoughts passed through her head he walked down the stairs. Though, this time, when he walked down the stairs he did not seem to have such and air about him. He seemed weakened, just like Hermione, though she had never seen him this way before so instead of looking sad and weary, she looked shocked or as if she had seen a ghost.

“What in bloody hell are you staring at, Granger?” Draco questioned, his voice quivering slightly as if he had been crying.

“Nothing, nothing at all. I was just making my way back upstairs and I was frightened by the noise you made.” Hermione said quickly, trying to cover up the fact that she was shocked at his appearance.

“What noise? I didn’t make a bloody noise. You must be going nuts. Oh, wait, I’m sorry you already were nuts!” Draco said, with tears welling up in his eyes.

“You are a miserable human being you know that?” Hermione stated her eyes welling up as well, then turned on her heels and ran up the stairs to her room. “Moonlight” she uttered, tears streaming down her face.

As soon as she collapsed onto her bed she burst into tears, sobbing like a little child.

“How can I let him do this to me? I must find a way to stop it or I am going to have to do something about him being near me at all!” she mumbled, through sobs.

Hearing the sobbing coming from Hermione’s room, Draco thought as if he had accomplished something, he had made the filthy mudblood cry. Then it hit him. He didn’t want to make her cry. He felt a pure passion surge through his heart and it was like something he had never felt before. It was painful and full of pleasure at the same time. It had begun to unfreeze his ice cold heart and he did not know why. Did he actually feel sorry for her, or was there something more? Did he actually feel bad for what he had done?
“It couldn’t be.” He thought. “I have hated mudbloods all my life and that includes her. I have been brought up this way. The Malfoy way and I shall not a let a stupid girl destroy that!”

When this last thought popped into his mind he decided that he needed to talk to her. One way or another he would find a way to get into her room and talk to her about what had happened between that morning. It was something that he knew she felt, because he had felt it too. They shared something that they had never shared with anyone else and he knew this as well. He remembered that she had said that she had been thinking about it all day and if she had felt that connection before then this would not be true. But when she had said this to him he had looked into her eyes and he felt something. He felt their souls connect in a way that he never known and he wished for it to happen again.

“I must find a way to talk to her. First I will try to be courteous and knock but if she does not answer I will have top find another way!” Draco thought to himself, feeling the passion that burned inside.

Inside her room, Hermione had kept sobbing but her tears had slowed down and she grew quieter. She slowly turned around on her bed so that she was facing the ceiling and just let the tears flow.

“I need to talk to him about this because I know he felt something and he knows that I felt something this morning. I saw his eyes when I said I had felt something and there was something different about his eyes. They were no longer a steely blue, but a warmer blue, a kinder blue. This was something that I know has never happened before. But there is no way to talk to him like an adult because whenever I do try to talk to him he is always childish and calls me names. But these are not child’s names he calls me things that hurt on the inside and make my heart freeze up as soon as I hear them. I must talk to him though. Maybe I will put a silencing charm on him…..” she thought, before she was interrupted by a harsh knock at the door.

“Listen Hermione, we need to talk. I don’t care if you don’t let me in. I will find a way in.” Draco said, his body pressed against the door.

“Is that so? Well I’m not going to let you in now. I will let you find your own way in.” Hermione said, her voice icy and cold, forgetting about the link between their rooms through the bathroom.

“Of course I will find a way in and I will talk to you. See you in a little while Hermione.” Draco said, his voice weakened by the icy tone of her voice.

Time seemed to go by so slowly as she waited for him to find a way into her room. She kept sitting up and looking for him, waiting for him to suddenly appear out of nowhere.

“I wonder what’s keeping him?’ she thought curiously.

When it felt as hours have gone by he finally walked through the doors in the bathroom.

“What took you so long?” Hermione asked her voice still icy.

“I stopped in the kitchen for a fire whisky to get calm my nerves. You’re a very aggravating person you know?” Draco said, not wanting to admit the truth. Truthfully he had been waiting in his room trying to calm himself down so that he would not seem so weakened in front of her.

“Well don’t waste all your lovely compliments on me.” Hermione stated, her icy voice becoming even more hate filled.

“Look, I came here to talk about this morning. I want to know how you felt.” Draco said, some of the pain form inside leaking out making his voice shaky.

“Oh, that. I felt nothing. Absolutely nothing. I’m sorry if you felt something more, because I most certainly did not.” Her voice filled with anger, yet softened by sadness.

“You can’t say you felt nothing because I know you felt something. I felt it too.” Draco said his voice sad.

“I already told you. I felt nothing and I still don’t feel anything. Now leave, you came here to talk to me and now we have talked. Goodbye Malfoy.” Hermione said, trying to keep her voice from quivering.

With her last comment he took her face with his hands and kissed her passionately, but tenderly. Then, after a few moment had passed, he moved his face away from hers, looked into her eyes and left. She sat there dazed for a moment, and then was suddenly brought back to reality. Malfoy had just kissed her and now there was no denying the feeling she had felt. This was real and they had both felt it. But what about the hatred he had so carelessly tossed at her over the past six years. This wasn’t something she could ignore. She told herself what she will do. She will get him to love her with such a passion that if she did not love him back, he would be crushed. She will get him to love her in such a way that if she ever left him there would be nothing left of him but a cold empty shell. But how would she do this without feeling the passion herself?

A/N- Please take a little time to leave me a review! I really do appreaciate it!