Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Fatally Yours by Cabalistic Love

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A Kiss Can Hold Mystery

When she finally arrived at breakfast, she was greeted with normal hellos as well as complaints about classes.

“Good Morning Hermione! Ummmm….. Do you think you could talk to Dumbledore about not allowing Snape to give us homework? It would be really great because that grease ball gave us a foot of parchment’s worth of work on some stupid potion.” Harry said, with puppy dog eyes so that she would ask.

‘Yea, fat gould de hood.” Ron said, with his mouth full as always.

“No, I won’t do that Harry as much as I hate Snape as well as potions, I can’t do that. Homework is part of the learning process. What on earth are you trying to say Ron? I know you always talk with your mouth full but this is getting a little extreme on trying to understand you.” Hermione said, matter a factly.

“He said yea that would be good.” Harry replied before Ron could swallow his food.

“Oh, well I hope you guys had a wonderful first day of school. I know that I did!” Hermione said while thinking of the kiss.

Her comment was followed by a chortles of no’s and do we ever’s. The entire Gryffindor table responded with such disgust about school that it seemed to offend them.

“Oh well.” Hermione thought, “At least they aren’t asking why my day was so good. I’m glad that I don’t have to lie to them.”

Hermione continued through breakfast while talking to Ginny about a boy who had transferred here. Throughout the entire conversation she didn’t really pay attention because she kept glancing at the Slytherin table, but every time she turned to look at him it seemed as if he was avoiding her gaze. She couldn’t understand why, seeing as she didn’t think it was wrong of her to yell at him this morning as she did. She thought that he would constantly be looking at her, after he was the one who kissed her last night. She most defiantly would not have kissed him, even if the opportunity came about. Even though of the summer he had become a handsome young man, she still did not see him as someone that she could love. Over the years since he had been such a hateful person to her, she had shut the door on him.

“Not like there was a door to begin with.” She thought darkly.

He was the one who had started all the battles. He was the one who had to impress everybody by taunting those who were different. This is why she must crush him. This is why he must be shot down, taken off his pedestal for good. He deserved it and she knew that. After being hateful to everyone that was different from him, he will pay for causing them such pain. Though she didn’t know how it would hurt him because it seemed as if he didn’t have a heart. He toyed with girl’s day in and day out, saying romantic words to them, charming them like a snake just so he can tell everyone that he could get any girl.

“But not this time. This time he will be the one tricked and I will be the one who tricks him. It will be more satisfying for me because he will know me as the one he never had. And never will have.” Hermione thought, while staring at him. At the moment she thought these evil words he looked up, as if he could read her thoughts and say the anger and pain in her eyes. He saw that something was up and that he needed to talk to her.

Later that day, after playing a bit of Quidditch with Harry, Ron, and Ginny, Hermione retreated to the library to get a head start on any homework that she thought she might be given on Monday. Not that she would actually know, but this would be could practice as it is another from of studying.

After a few boring hours in the library, Hermione decided to get some rest and to spend some time in her room thinking about the days events as well yesterdays events. She could not help but think about the kiss because it played such a great role in what was happening in her life. She had never been this hateful towards anyone, thinking the ay she did about Malfoy and it was all sparked by a kiss. Something so simple, yet it held every emotion. She turned on here charmed stereo and put in Dashboard Confessional. This is what she usually listened to when she was feeling sad or lonely and right now she was just sad. Thinking to herself about why she hated Malfoy some much and coming up with nothing except that he hated her. Then she thought about the kiss again. A kiss can hold so much or even just a little. It can hold hunger, anger or sadness. It can hold passion, lust or love. But most of all a kiss can hold mystery.

After Draco had spent the day taunting the first years with Crabbe and Goyle he decided to head up to his room to relax. All day he had been busy confusing little kids and now he just needed some peace and quiet, but as soon as he got up to his room, he noticed it wasn’t quiet. From the other side of the wall he could hear music from Hermione’s room. It was a band he could recognize but not name. He had heard it before, the lead singer droning on about love or hate or something else that Draco cared little about. Instead of quiet, he opted for music and put his own cd into his charmed stereo. It was Story of the Year. While listening to the song “Until the Day I Die” he thought about Hermione. He thought about her when the lyrics said “We’ll never fall apart, so could you tell me why this hurts so much. My hands are at your throat and I think I hate you.” He felt as if he hated her but then he thought, “Why did I kiss her?” and everything fell apart.



All night Hermione thought about the strange and powerful kiss, until she fell into a dark, dreamless sleep.

Draco thought about the kiss while listening to the stereo. He saw it from all angles and he could not understand why it held so much. This was a girl, just a simple girl, nothing he hadn’t experienced, but somehow this was different.


A/N- Please take a little time to leave a review! I really do appreaciate it!