Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Private Heaven by LaraAnn

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Alas, I own nothing, I just mush it together to fit my whim. I'll explain the songs at the end...


A/N- I wasn't sure whether I wanted to submit this one, as its a little different from what I usually write, in a way, but I was convinced into it. Hope you enjoy it!!


***

"You!" she yelled.

Harry fell back out of his chair as Ginny walked square up to him and shoved as hard as she could.

"You listen to me, Potter," she snarled. Harry had never seen her this angry. "You may not think of me as anything but your best friend's little sister, but that doesn't mean no one else does!"

Harry looked away. He knew what she was talking about. He had slugged some sixth year for talking about Ginny in a less than respectable manner. Anger bubbled inside of him again as the phrase "shag her senseless" popped back into his brain.

"Unless YOU are going to do something, stop hitting people who might actually like me!" she yelled, then turned on her heel and ran upstairs.

Ron slowly turned and looked at Harry. Ron knew what had happened; he himself was about to hit the guy but Harry beat him to it.

"You're in trouble, mate," he said slowly. "Last time I saw her this mad, Fred and George didn't walk or sit properly for a week." Ron left for bed, shaking his head at Harry's misfortune.

Harry reveled in that image for a second, then quickly made a mental note to make sure Ginny stayed at least an arm, or a wand's, distance until she cooled down. Hermione came over and sat next to him.

"I know what you did, and why you did it," she said softly. "I know how you feel, but beating up every guy with interest while not showing any yourself isn't going to win her heart."

Harry didn't answer. They didn't understand. He wanted to be with Ginny, he loved her, but he couldn't do anything that would risk hurting her. He was targetted, by Death Eaters, by Voldemort. He couldn't let her anywhere close to that target.

"Tell her, Harry," Hermione whispered. "She deserves to know."

****

A week went by. Ginny didn't so much as look at Harry, and when she had to talk to Ron or Hermione, she'd bewitch a note to them to tell them to meet her in a "Harry-Free" area.

Harry had come to a monumental decision, after much encouragement from his friends and one pointed conversation with Dumbledore.

"Love, Harry," he had said. "Love is something that protects us all. It saved you as a child, let it save you again now."

Smart man, Dumbledore, Harry thought to himself.

The only problem was, Ginny was avoiding him like the plague. She took different routes to classes as to not pass her in the halls. She sat at the other end of the table, as far away from him as she could manage without sitting with the Slytherins. No, he'd have to think of something creative to get her attention, something that she wouldn't know was from him until it was too late. He figured he had a fifty-fifty shot with that. She'd either love it and love HIM, or be MORE mad that he tricked her.

A song....that's what he needed! Girls loved those sappy love songs! But, what song would convince Ginny that she loved him. He racked his brain. He even asked Hermione for help, figuring a muggle song that she hadn't heard would surprise her more.

Finally, he came up with the perfect one. It was a muggle song, like he wanted, and even better, the band that played it was going to be in Britain on tour in two weeks. Harry made a plan.

Thanks to the his parents and, unfortunately, to Sirius, Harry had a great deal of money at his disposal, more than he could ever imagine he'd use. So, why not buy the girl of his dreams the night of her life? With Dumbledore's help, Harry arranged for himself and Ginny to be taken to a special location, where he'd hire the band to play, just for the two of them.

Meanwhile, he'd started to send Ginny love notes. Little phrases and lyrics from the band he was sure she'd love. Things like *I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you* and *I get lost in your eyes, I know everything will be alright* All the notes were sent with flowers. A simple rose, a few daisies, nothing extravegent.

He could tell that she liked them. Whenever she got one, she'd go red in the face and start whispering to Luna, wondering to themselves who it could be.

Finally, after his plan was in place, he sent the final note:

*I'm waiting for tonight, waiting for tomorrow, but I"m somewhere in between,
Come to the Entrance hall tonight at 9.
I've got nothing to lose, nothing to prove,
except my love for you.
See you at 9, my love"

At nine that night, Ginny went down to the entrance hall and saw...well, not the person she was expecting.

"Professor, what are you doing here?" she asked

"I am here to escort you," Dumbledore said, his eyes twinkling. "Your gentleman caller prefered not to show himself until he was certain you'd not be disappointed."

"If he's who I'm starting to think he is, he should know better," she said with a smile. Not many people could ask Dumbledore to escort someone to a date and get away with it.

The portkey that transported them was also a gift to Ginny. It seemed odd to her. What would she want with a guitar pick with the initials JW on it? She didn't know any JW's...

When they landed, Ginny gasped. There was a simple table, with a white linen cloth, set up in the middle of a meadow. There was a stage a few feet away, with a small drum set, two guitars and a bass. The guitar pick made a bit more sense now.

Everything around them was lit with candles, although Ginny couldn't detect a hint of anything done magically. The candles were on pedestals, not floating, and although the bushes around them sparkled, Ginny could see the wiring of the muggle Christmas lights.

Dumbledore escorted Ginny to the table. She sat, and looked up at him expectantly. She wanted to know what was going on. A noise on the stage made her turn. Four men, looking not much older than she, walked on the stage.

"Hey, how're ya doing? We're gonna play a couple of tunes for you tonight, this first one dedicated to the girl at the center, well, the only table. The guy who requested this one said that if he wrote music, he would have written this one for you." And then he started to play, a slow hypnotic guitar melody. Then, oh yes then, he began to sing...

"you found me here to speak to me
I want to hear you, I need to feel you
You are the light that's leading me
To the place where I find peace again.

You are the strength that keeps me walking
You are the hope that keeps me trusting
You are the light into my soul
You are my purpose,
You're everything.

And how can I stand here with you, and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me, how could it be any better than this?"

Ginny was hypnotized. Between the smooth quality of this man's voice, the unimaginable sound coming from the other one's guitar, or these words, these tender loving words, she was gone. The song continued

"You calm the storms and you give me rest
You hold me in your hands
You won't let me fall
You still my heart
and you take my breath away,
You take me in, take me deeper now.

And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
would you tell me how could it be any better than this?
and how can I stand here with you, and not be moved by you?
would you tell me, how could it be, any better than this?"

The song changed here. Less of the sweet tender love song, more of the burning passion, the need, the incredible love that couldn't be contained. The electric guitar kicked in, the drums picked up, and the bass started:

"You're all I want, you're all I need,
you're everything, everything
you're all I want, you're all I need,
you're everything, you're everything!

And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you
would you tell me, how could it be, any better than this?"
any better than this?"

Ginny was crying. It swelled her heart to know that someone loved her this much. Just then, someone touched her shoulder. She turned, tears in her eyes, and looked up at Harry. She didn't say anything, just held him close as the song she now loved so dearly continued with no voice behind her. The man with that voice was looking up at the stars. He knew of this love, too.

As the song slowed once more, the last line was repeated:

Would you tell me, how could it be any better than this?

The band played three other songs that night. One about seeing only each other in a crowd of people, which became the song they danced to at their wedding. Another which inspired the middle name of their first son, James Storm Potter. The last repeated the phrase "take me away." He had done that, that very night. He took her away to their own private heaven.





***
The band depicted in this story was my fave band of all time, Lifehouse. The song is called Everything, its beyond moving, and writing like this does NOT do its beauty justice, trust me. The other songs slyly mentioned are You and Me, Storm, and Take Me Away, also amazing tunes. I doubt anything in this story could ACTUALLY happen. They have been to the UK, but they aren't much for private shows, no matter the money involved. They just aren't like that. Please, PLEASE email me if you're interested in the band, I have lots to say, lol.

Also, any LHF that read this, hope I did it justice enough with my meager writing, and let's hope one JW doesn't mind me borrowing the song!!