Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Listen To Your Heart by wrtter0flife037

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
(Disclaimer: I don’t any of the characters or this song. The song belongs to D.H.T and the characters were created from the brilliant mind of J.K. Rowling.)


I know there’s something in the wake of your smile
I get the notion from the look in your eyes.


Ginny Weasley sat outside under a tree, not being able to be in the house. The wedding plans for Hermione Granger and Harry Potter were in full swing. Everyone had thought that she had gotten over Harry but little did they know that she was in love with Harry. It broke her heart so much when she heard the word wedding.

(Flashback)

“Hey everyone, we have a surprise for you!” Hermione exclaimed coming into the house with Harry right by her side.

Ginny watched with envy as Hermione grabbed Harry’s hand. It should be her by his side, not Hermione. Everyone knew that Harry and Hermione were destined to be together, but that didn’t stop Ginny from trying to get Harry.

“What is it Hermione?” Mrs. Weasley asked stepping out from the kitchen.

“Well… Harry, why don’t you tell them,” Hermione said with an extra twinkle in her eye.

Harry smiled brightly and wrapped an arm around Hermione’s waist. “We’re getting married,” he said as he smiled wider.

Ginny’s heart stopped. Had she heard correctly? No it can’t be!

“Oh that’s wonderful!” Mrs. Weasley exclaimed rushing over and giving both of them a huge hug.

“It’s about time mate,” Ron said chuckling, walking over and giving Harry a handshake.

Ginny felt tears creep into her eyes. This just can’t be happening! If they only knew than none of them would be saying it’s wonderful.

Harry looked over at Ginny and gave her a confused look, as if asking what was wrong. Ginny faked a smile but she knew that Harry could see right through it. Harry had gotten to know her better than anyone she ever knew.

Ginny got a hold of herself and walked over to the happy couple. “Congratulations. I’m so happy for the both of you,” she said giving them both a hug with a fake heartbreaking smile.

Harry gave Ginny a look that said he knew she wasn’t okay.

“I’m fine,” she whispered to him and that seemed to satisfy him for now.

But Harry didn’t know one important thing and now it was too late.

(End Flashback)

You’ve built a love but that love falls apart
Your little piece of heaven turns too dark



Silent tears ran down Ginny’s cheek. Harry was the one person that truly knew her and didn’t over look her. But he just thought of her as a younger sister that he needed to protect. She knew that she never had a chance with Harry. But the first time she saw him, she fell instantly in love. And her world shattered when she found out that Hermione and Harry got together. Her best friend took away the one she loved. Ginny hated Hermione from that moment on. Every time she saw them holding hands, cuddled up next to each other; she just wanted to rip Hermione apart. Hermione always went on and on about Harry and never cared that her ‘best friend’ was in deep pain. And now it was too late. Harry was gone and there was nothing Ginny could do to get him back.

Listen to your heart
When he’s calling for you
Listen to your heart
There’s nothing else you can do



“Ginny?” someone called out to her, breaking her from her thoughts.

Turning, she saw the one person that she loved and hated coming her way. She sighed not wanting to be with him. She use to love these moments when it was just him and her because she thought that maybe they would mean something. But now, it only reminded her of her heartbreaking pain; like rubbing salt in an open wound.

“Why are you out here all alone?” Harry asked sitting down beside her.

“It was just getting crowded in there,” she said lying through her teeth.

“You have been awfully quiet recently. Anything on your mind?” He asked gently.

‘It’s you!’ she wanted to scream but she painfully kept it down. Harry was so smart yet so dumb. She had dropped so many hints and still he seemed blind to the fact that she was in love with him.

“I’m fine Harry, just wanted to get out here to think,” she said keeping her gaze forward, not wanting to look into his beautiful green eyes.

“Gin, I know something is wrong. You’re like a little sister to me and I have been able to tell when anything is wrong. Now what is it?” he asked sternly.

You’re like a little sister to me. There that phrase was once again and that’s all it would ever be. She sighed. If he knew her so well, why didn’t he know that she was in love with him?

“I was just thinking how everything was going to be different now,” she said hoping that he would believe her.

“Nothing is going to change Gin. I’ll always be here for you whenever you need me,” Harry said giving her a hug.

Ginny hugged him back deeply, taking in his scent. I’ll always be here for you whenever you need me. She needed him now more than he could ever know. But he was destined to be with someone else and she was destined to be the one who watched silently on the sidelines, wishing it was him and her.


I don’t know where you’re going
And I don’t know why
But listen to your heart
Before you tell him good bye



“Hermione wanted me to ask you if you would be her Maid of Honor,” Harry asked after breaking the hug, “And I would love it if you said yes.”

“I’d be honored,” she said giving a fake sappy smile. Little did he know that she was only saying yes for him. She couldn’t stand seeing his happiness dying just because he was killing her inside.

“Thanks Gin, you don’t know how much that means to the both of us,” he replied smiling.

She gave a smile back. She knew how much it meant, but he was clueless to how much pain she was in.

Harry got up and started heading back into the house but he turned and looked at her once again, “You coming?”

“I’ll be there in a few minutes,” she said hoping he would take it.

Ginny watched as he walked further and further away. She should tell him before he got too far away. “Harry!” she yelled than clamped her mouth shut. What was she doing? He was taken!

He turned back and looked at her.

Now what was she going to say? She couldn’t destroy his happiness. That would just kill her even more. “I’m…I’m really happy for you,” she said trying to be happy and hoping he wouldn’t see her tears.

He smiled a bright wide smile, “Thanks Gin.”

She watched as he walked away and into the house. The tears came out harder than ever. Her world was officially gone.


Sometimes you wonder if this life is worthwhile
The precious moments are all lost in the tide, yeah




“Oh Hermione, that dress is gorgeous on you!” Mrs. Weasley exclaimed as Hermione stepped out of her dressing room trying on a wedding dress.

Hermione did look beautiful, like a princess from a fairy tale, but Ginny should be the one wearing that dress. She should be the one that made Harry’s heart do a flip-flop every time he saw her. She should be the one that thought he was gorgeous.

“What do you think Gin?” Hermione asked breaking her from her thoughts.

Ginny shook her head trying to clear her thoughts. “I think it’s perfect. That is the one you should buy,” she said trying to be cheerful.

Hermione took in what Ginny said than nodded, smiling, “I think I will. Now what about your dress Gin?” she asked stepping back into the changing room.

In Ginny’s mind she wanted to wear a simple black dress. It felt more like a funeral than a celebration. She took her dress and headed into the changing room beside Hermione’s. Her heart was breaking with each passing day was the wedding drew closer. She was trying her hardest to keep it all together but there was only so much she could do.


They’re swept away and nothing is what it seems
The feeling of belonging to your dreams



Ginny’s ears perked up when she heard Harry’s voice fill the store. But it was washed away the insist she heard Hermione’s sappy voice fill in beside his. She quickly kept down any tears that tried to creep out. Now was not the time to break down. She looked in the mirror seeing her reflection. The dress fit her perfectly, taking shape to every one of her curves. The dress was a halter-top red dress that flowed well at the end. She sighed and looked at her reflection closer. She looked abnormally pale, and had bags under her eyes. It was from spending late nights up crying and praying.

She stepped out of the changing room and every one turned and looked at her.

“Oh Gin, that’s so beautiful on you,” Hermione squealed stepping up beside Ginny, checking it out.

But Ginny paid no attention to Hermione. She was too busy watching Harry’s expression. It looked like he just finally saw Ginny with new eyes. She held her breath, wishing more than anything that Harry would run up, wrap his arms around her and confess how much of a fool he was and confess his undying love for her.

But that dream was shattered when Harry shook his head and walked back over to Ron.

Ginny looked down, trying her best to keep it together. She had to realize that Harry and she would never be.


Listen to your heart
When he’s calling for you
Listen to your heart
There’s nothing else you can do



“A toast to the best couple and soon to be husband and wife; Harry and Hermione,” Ron said at the Rehearsal Dinner.

Everyone cheered and clapped while Ginny sat in the dark corner alone. The best couple was her and Harry, but only in her dreams. She watched as Harry whispered something in Hermione’s ear that made her break out in laughter. Her blood boiled as she watched those two together. Her eyes no longer filled with tears but anger and hatred towards the two of them. She downed another glass of wine. She was emptying her pain into liqueur.

“Hey Gin, what are you doing over here all alone?” someone asked breaking her gaze from Harry and Hermione.

She looked over and saw Luna Lovegood coming her way. She and Luna use to be good friends but than she started dating Ron and they haven’t really talked since.

Just like everyone else, Luna had no idea what type of pain she was going through with Harry and Hermione being together.

"Not really in the partying mood,” she said trying to paste a smile on her face.

“Ginny, what’s going on with you? We all noticed how different you seem at the start of getting ready for the wedding,” Luna asked concerned sitting beside Ginny.

“I’m fine Luna really, just worn out from all this wedding talk. It makes me not want to get married,” she said sounding like she was kidding but when in reality, she was serious. Ginny had always pictured herself with Harry, but now there was nothing left for her.

Luna laughed thinking Ginny was kidding. “I know what you mean,” she said smiling.

Ginny weakly smiled, taking another gulp of wine.

The music changed to a slow song and all the couples stepped onto the floor. Harry stood up and held his hand out to Hermione. Hermione blushed but took it as Harry lead her out onto the dance floor. Ginny watched as they slowly danced. Hermione laid her head on Harry’s shoulder and they continued to dance.

“Excuse me Gin, but I’m going to go steal your brother for a dance,” Luna said smiling walking off to find Ron.

Ginny nodded and turned her attention back to Harry and Hermione. She sighed and stood up grabbing her things. She couldn’t take it anymore. She left the place as fast as she could


I don’t know where you’re going
And I don’t know why
But listen to your heart
Before you tell him good bye



The tears mixed with the rain as Ginny walked back to her apartment. The last part of her heart had been broken, she just couldn’t live anymore. The rain saturated her, making her clothes cling to her body. Her makeup was officially gone and her hair was nothing but a rat’s nest now.

She slammed the door to her apartment shut, sliding down against it. The tears stung her eyes, breaking everything she knew. She looked up and saw pictures around her apartment. She walked over and just stared blindly at them. Some were of her, Harry, Hermione and Ron; some were of her and Hermione but one was of her and Harry. She grabbed the picture and ran her hand over the picture remembering the day. She screamed in pain and, in anger and fury, threw the picture to the floor. The glass shattered everywhere but she didn’t care. She grabbed all of the other pictures and did the same. The tears that streamed down were of anger and a broken heart.

Ginny threw the last picture down and fell into the mess, sobbing.


And there are voices
That want to be heard
So much to mention
But you can’t find the words
The scent of magic
The beauty that’s been
When love was wilder than the wind


Ginny watched from the shadows pulling her hood farther over her head. She watched as they all ran around looking for her. She was suppose to be the Maid of Honor but she had other plans.

Her mom and Hermione looked extremely worried while the others tried to calm them down. She sighed and tied the strings of her hood, keeping her cloak close around her. She knew they would go looking at her apartment and see the mess and the letter that was in the middle but they would be too late by than.

She took one last look at her love, taking in every feature of his so she could play it back in the next life.

She quickly stepped back into the shadows leaving them far behind. Opening the back door, Ginny walked out into the streets, keeping her head down.


Listen to your heart
Mm mmm
I don’t where you’re going
And I don’t know why
But listen to your heart
Before you tell him good bye



The waves lapped against the cliff. Ginny knew by now, everyone had found the note and knew where she was. She had to do this soon and now.

She just couldn’t go on with her life knowing that one she loved was with someone else. She didn’t want to move on and she didn’t want to find someone else. Harry was the only one meant for her. And she couldn’t have him, she wouldn’t live at all.

Ginny heard faint voices behind her and she knew it was everyone coming to stop her. But they were too late. They couldn’t stop her heart from breaking and they couldn’t stop her. She closed her eyes and stepped over the cliff. The last voice she heard was Harry’s screaming for her to stop before her body hit the rocks below.


(Epilogue)


“Ginny, stop!” Harry screamed to her but he was too late. He watched as Ginny stepped off the cliff and onto the rocks below. He felt his heart suddenly beat to a stop.

She was gone. She had really killed herself. This was suppose to be the happiest day of this life and somehow it turned to the saddest.

He walked over and looked down to see Ginny’s disfigured body. He looked closer and thought he saw some breathing. He didn’t know if it was his imagine or not but he had to see. He crawled down the side, getting his tux extremely dirty but he didn’t care.

Harry reached Ginny and gently picked her limp body up in his arms. The tears slowly rolled out of his eyes. She was really gone. He held her close, sobbing in her body. When he looked over he saw she was holding something in her hand. He pulled the paper out and read four simple words.

Harry, I love you

Everything started to fall into place. She died because he confessed his love to another. This was his fault. “Oh Ginny, I’m so sorry,” he whispered out. The tears stung his eyes as he carried Ginny’s body back up to everyone else waiting.

When he got up, he handed Ginny over to her parents. Mrs. Weasley looked at Ginny in disbelief and sobbed onto Mr. Weasley’s shoulder. Everyone was crying.

Harry walked over to Hermione and showed her the note. She slapped a hand over her mouth and cried into his chest. Harry held her running his fingers through her hair. The day was no longer happy. It was the worst day of his life.


The End