Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Life's Changes by lilythemarauder

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: If you recognize anything, it isn't mine. I only own the plot. I don't even think I own the OCs, as most of them are based on my friends.

James groaned in frustration. Lily Evans, the girl James had fancied for 6 years and counting, had rejected him. Again.

Why didn’t she like him? James was tall, with messy black hair, and hazel eyes intensified by glasses. Girls everywhere fell for his charms. He was smart, adventurous, funny, and fun-loving, but he could be serious at times. But most of all, he really, really, really liked Lily. Heck he might even lo…No. Not going to go there. Yet. Even though all those girls had fallen for him, he had never had a girlfriend. He had waited for Lily. He was still waiting for Lily. What would he do?

Sirius. He would talk to Sirius. Sirius was the leading expert on girls at Hogwarts, largely due to his having been in a broom closet with most of them.

James ran up several flights of stairs, down several corridors, through the Gryffindor common room and up another flight of stairs to his dormitory. Sirius wasn’t in the dormitory, but Remus and Peter were.

Remus Lupin was handsome with grayish-brown hair and deep blue eyes. On the other hand, Peter Pettigrew was a small, scrawny boy with nervous, watery eyes and blond, almost colorless hair.

James, Sirius, Remus and Peter were very close friends. They called themselves the Marauders, and often referred to themselves as Prongs, Padfoot, Moony, and Wormtail, respectively. You see, Remus was a werewolf. When the other three found out, they became Animagi. James turned into a stag, Sirius turned into a dog, and Peter turned into a rat, hence their nicknames.

James didn’t even need to say anything for Remus to know what he wanted. “Padfoot is with Rebecca,” he informed him.

“Who?” James asked, confused.

“Rebecca, the flavor of the day.” Remus smiled.

“Which broom closet?” James asked, more to himself than Remus or Peter. “Wormtail,” he ordered in a professional voice, “get the chart.”

“Okay,” Peter squeaked. He walked towards Sirius’s stuff, and stopped. “Er…James?” he asked.

“Yes?” James questioned, still attempting to be business-like.

“Where is the chart?”

“It’s in his trunk,” Remus replied for him. Peter finally found the chart, and gave it to James.

“Okay,” he read. It’s May, so the third floor, and it’s Thursday, so the broom closet on the Charms corridor!” he finished triumphantly, already half-way out the door.

James opened the door to the broom closet and saw a very handsome boy with long, black hair and bright, energetic gray-blue eyes. Sirius was “enthusiastically” kissing a pretty brunette, who James assumed was Rebecca.

“Hey, Prongs,” he complained. “Can’t a guy get a little privacy?” A look of comprehension dawned on his face. “Oh, Dragongirl. Right. Sorry, babe, Marauder emergency.”

The pair walked to the Room of Requirement, which they had declared Marauder headquarters. “Okay, Prongs,” Sirius questioned, “What did you do to Dragongirl this time?” Sirius refused to call Lily anything other than Dragongirl because he insisted that she was “a little spitfire.”

“But I didn’t do anything!” James insisted. “I put my arm around her shoulder and asked her out.”

“Well, than I can’t help you because I don’t know what you did either.”

“Please, Padfoot, can’t you think of something? I’d do anything for her.”

“Well, that’s good, because I don’t think you’re going to like what I’ve come up with.” Remus was standing in the doorway.

“What? Tell me please.” James begged.

“Well,” he began. “Don’t, say, hex Severus Snape in front of her.” Seeing the look of horror on, not only James’s, but Sirius’s face, he added, “You know she hates it. Another thing you don’t want to do is to hit on her. Lily, unlike most of the girls Padfoot has dated…” Sirius looked offended. Remus ignored this and continued. “Is smart and independent enough to want to be treated like a person and not an object. In short, act more like the James you are around us, and not like the Potter you are around her.”

“That’s crazy!” Sirius yelled. “Prongs would never do that!” James didn’t respond. “Prongs? Prongs? You wouldn’t do that, right? Prongs?”

A maniacal smile appeared on James’s face. “I’ve got it!” he yelled triumphantly.

“See, Moony? He isn’t following your advice,” Sirius declared, smugly. “He came up with that all by himself.”

Halfway to the common room, James collided with someone. Hard. Books went everywhere. “I’m so sorry!” James called over his shoulder, not even bothering to see who he had knocked over. “I would help, but I’m in a rush.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lily looked up from her Charms homework and saw the last person she wanted to see. Potter. Why couldn’t leave her alone? It couldn’t have even been half an hour since he had last asked her out.

“Wow,” she mocked him. “You must really like rejection.”

“Actually, I’m looking for Prewett.” He informed her.

“Mia?” Lily asked, bewildered. “Why?”

“Because I’m madly in love with her,” James responded sarcastically.

“Well, I’m glad you’ve decided to stop chasing me and move on,” she told him, returning to her homework.

“Come on, Evans. Pleeeaaase?” he pleaded.

“I don’t want you bothering her,” Lily snapped.

“I won’t, I promise. You’ll be happier, I swear.” James promised.

“She left for the library about two minutes ago,” she sighed. “I don’t know how you missed her.”

“Oh, snap!” James muttered, realizing who he’d run into.

“Thanks, Flower.” James kissed the top of Lily’s head and ran off.

Lily was disgusted. She tapped the spot where James had kissed her and muttered, “Scourgify”
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mia Prewett was a pretty girl with tanned skin, hazel eyes, and light brown hair. Mia was short for her age, giving Sirius an excuse to tease her. She was a lot like Lily, which was not suprising, consisdering they were best friends.

“No, Potter, I will not talk to Lily for you.”

“I haven’t said anything,” James said, confused. “And that’s not what I was going to ask you, either. I need a list of things Evans doesn’t like about me.”

“Do you want the short list, or the long list?” Mia asked, rolling her eyes.

“The long list,” James declared without any hesitation.

There was a pause.

“I’ll get back to you,” Mia said, starting to walk off.

“Prewett, I’m serious.”

“I’ll get back to you,” she repeated. “I just don’t know everything on the list. It is what Lily doesn’t like about you.”

“Thank you,” James smiled.

Mia smiled too. Boy, were Lily and Mia going to have fun.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N I know these characters would probably not say "snap", but I'm trying to avoid swear words. Again, this is my first fic, so please review. If one (or more) of the characters is based on you and you haven't reviewed, fear my wrath.