Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Battle of the Minds by harryandginnyxx

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
WARNING! HBP spoiler! V. Important information mentioned.

Harry stood in front of the spot where the remains of the last Horcrux lay.

*flashback*

He stood and stared sadly at his parents' graves, remembering. Remembering the flashes of green light and the cold cackling, and the blood-curdling screams. I miss you, he thought. I really do.

And then, as if his parents had heard him, the graves began to glow brightly, and then lay still. Harry knelt down by the graves, in between them, and looked at them carefully:

R.I.P.
LILIANA POTTER
MOTHER OF HARRY JAMES POTTER
MURDERED BY LORD VOLDEMORT

Harry's stare averted to his father's grave:

R.I.P.
JAMES POTTER
FATHER OF HARRY JAMES POTTER
MURDERED BY LORD VOLDEMORT

He knew what he had to do.

Harry apparated into Godric's Hollow. It had been rebuilt, but was deserted. He threw his invisibility cloak over himself, and carefully and quietly cast the spell to unlock doors. Then, he entered and closed the door quietly behind him.

He looked around: he didn't remember what Godric's Hollow had looked like - it had been too long ago. Upon entering, there was a corridor which led to a set of stairs. Harry climbed the stairs and stood at the top, on the landing. In front of him were three doors. Which should he choose?

He proceeded to the door on the left and opened it. It was a bathroom. Harry closed the door and proceeded to the middle door and opened it. Through this door was an upstairs living room. He still hadn't found what he was looking for. He walked over to the third door and opened it.

Inside it was a beautiful bedroom with pink walls and a King sized bed with a white duvet on it. There was a dressing table in one corner with an antique box, and a bedside table next to the bed, with a cupboard and a drawer.

Harry went over to the bedside table: it was plain and wooden, and didn't look very special. Nevertheless, he opened it, and found a purple cloth in it, and, on top of that, a diamond ring.

At first glance, it looked ordinary. But, on further investigation, Harry noticed an engraving – an eagle.

This must be Ravenclaw’s, he thought. It must be-

“A Horcrux!” he said, out loud.

And he dropped it into his pocket, and Disapparated.


***End of flashback***

So, now all the Horcruxes were gone. So now Voldemort was mortal. What next, thought Harry. He did not know. He did not have to wait to find the answer to that question.

There were suddenly pops and bangs all over the cave in which Harry now stood, as Death Eaters apparated. Harry backed away – there were too many of them!

Then, suddenly, the Death Eaters parted, and Harry was left in the centre. And then came forward the ugly, disfigured shape of Lord Voldemort.

“Harry Potter,” he said, icily. “I see you have penetrated my defences.”

“You’re right,” said Harry, defiantly. “I have.”

“You are a clever boy, Harry,” he continued. “But you will not survive the final battle. Once I have defeated you, everyone will look up to me, and shall tell the story of how I am the greatest wizard in the world.”

He slowly started to pace towards Harry, whose scar began to sear with pain.

“You’ve got no chance, boy. No chance at all. Nobody can defeat me – not even the Boy Who Lived. Imperio!”

A familiar whooshing sensation flooded through Harry’s body: he knew what was coming.

Bow to me.

No, Harry thought.

Bow to me.

Why should I? Harry thought, defiantly.

Just bow.

NO!

Just bow…

“I WON’T!” Harry yelled.

“Well, well,” said Voldemort. “I see that your Defence against the Dark Arts teacher has taught you something…which of the six was it?”

“It was your spy, actually.”

“Ah, yes,” said Voldemort. “You demonstrated this power only three years ago…do you remember?”

He did remember – he remembered every detail. The Triwizard cup, the graveyard, Priori Incantatem…

“AVADA KEDAVRA!” yelled Voldemort.

And Harry knew what to do.

“EXPELLIARMUS!”

It was as though he had gone back in time: the two spells created the same Priori Incantatem that had occurred three years ago. There was the familiar beam of bright light and the blazing white beam in the middle, that was struggling, like the middle of a tug of war, to reach the tip of one of the wands.

It was all too familiar. Harry concentrated, and the bead moved very slowly and gradually towards Voldemort’s wand. Soon it was so close that Voldemort’s face was lit up, and Harry could see each and every one of Voldemort’s disfigurations. Voldemort suddenly let out a scream – perhaps of agony – or fear – and the beam burst into colour, and Harry saw all the spirits of Voldemort’s victims – Cedric Diggory – his parents – but this time, they did not tell him to let go.

Soon, there were so many spirits that they surrounded Voldemort in a white cloud, and started revolving around him. Soon, the cloud grew into a turret, and Voldemort’s body could not be seen. The turret grew taller and thinner, and soon it was so tight that it took the shape of Voldemort’s body.

And suddenly, there was a scream, and everything vanished – the beam of light, the spirits, the cloud – and suddenly, there was a whoosh of fire, that streaked into the sky, and Harry knew that Dumbledore’s Phoenix had just come – perhaps in celebration.
And all that was left was a pile of silver dust and Voldemort’s wand.

Harry ran over and knelt down next to it. He looked at the wand, and remembered all the terrible deeds it had done. He picked it up – and a warm whoosh went through him. He knew what had happened. His fingers grazed his forehead, where had once lain his lightning shaped scar.

Please review!!! I'd be really grateful!