Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Avenged Sevenfold by SecretKeeper

Printer
Summary: Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


UPDATE: Guys, I'm back!

The innocence I’ve lost
The blood it's cost
Leaves unhealed scars within.
But I will not abate,
I will employ the hate
That has been planted deep inside.
I will not falter
Valor will not tire,
And I will survive
This trial by fire.


Many things are different now. Potions class is the least of the trio's worries. Battling dragons would be a welcome alternative to what it is they're attempting to battle now. The Order of the Phoenix is hallow without its leading member. And when someone close to Harry is stolen, Dumbledore's rhetoric of love, hope, and faith is challenged. Harry's strength and resolve are pushed to their limits. Loyalties are tested and new leaders emerge while Harry and Hermione struggle to balance new emotions and uncharted territory. Yet while this time after sixth year proves to be drastically unlike anything Harry's ever experienced, some truths remain, and some affections stand solid.

A novel-type story that explores the engimas of Snape, Horcruxes, war, and above all, the puzzle of love. HBP compliant. HHr.
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Harry/Hermione
Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 15 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 63389 Viewcount: 59637
Published on: 11/29/05 Updated On: 04/16/07





1. Trial by Fire by SecretKeeper [ - ] (4012 words)

2. Desecrate Through Reverence by SecretKeeper [ - ] (4846 words)

3. Avenged Sevenfold by SecretKeeper [ - ] (4071 words)

4. Waking the Fallen by SecretKeeper [ - ] (4668 words)

5. The Suffering by SecretKeeper [ - ] (2246 words)

6. Unholy Confessions by SecretKeeper [ - ] (4211 words)

7. Radiant Eclipse by SecretKeeper [ - ] (3753 words)

8. Fall From Grace by SecretKeeper [ - ] (4822 words)
Wow! You guys left me the most heart-warming reviews for Radiant Eclipse! Thank you all so, soooo much! I was blushing for days on end, and it really inspired me to continue with the story. This particular chapter is dedicated to ILuvDanRad4Ever and Silver Apocalypse. Special thanks to you two for your incredible support. :) I hope everyone likes this update— the lyrics here belong to the song that sparked it all, for these words are the ones that embedded the original plot in my head, those many, many days ago…
9. End of an Era by SecretKeeper [ - ] (3143 words)
An important update for an important reviewer… one of the best I’ve ever had, actually: LivingBreathingDream. Again. Because she deserves it. [Told you you’d get another chapter!] :) Enjoy, my faithful readers. *hugs*
10. Tragedy and Travesty by SecretKeeper [ - ] (3733 words)
I won’t make any excuses for why this update took so long. I’ll only say that I [temporarily] lost my muse, and found it extremely difficult to write this chapter. It would have been hard even with my muse, honestly. Anyway, do enjoy it, and rest peacefully with the knowledge that chapter eleven is already underway. *hugs faithful reviewers*
11. Debacle and Disclosure by SecretKeeper [ - ] (4857 words)
This chapter really marks the beginning of the second half of the story, though I’d probably say we’re over half-way through at this point. As such, there will start to be several allusions to events and discussions that took place in the earlier chapters. If you haven’t done so, you might want to skim over the first part of the story and re-familiarize yourself. Otherwise, I fear you might not recognize all of the references.

As always, an extra special thanks to all my reviewers. You truly did help me find my muse. *hugs*

12. Inhale by SecretKeeper [ - ] (4295 words)
*Hides from flying fruit* I'm sorry this was so long in coming, guys. I wrote the chapter, was in the process of submitting it, when I realized-- I'd forgotten a crucial scene! *gasp* So I had to go back, write another few pages, and bump the ending of this chapter to the beginning of chapter 13. *sigh* But on the plus side, that means half of chapter 13 is finished! Yay!

I also want to add that... I write this story specifically for my MNFF readers. You guys really are the absolute best. I can't thank you enough. Without your reviews, I would've dropped this by now.

And this chapter Inhale is dedicated to my good friend Paul, for being wonderful support and for allowing me to be a little... dependent.

13. And Embers Rise by SecretKeeper [ - ] (4887 words)
This chapter is dedicated to the lovely blackhairedweasley. Thank you, dear, for your kind support.

There will be extensive author's notes at the end of this chapter. Don't worry, nothing's the matter. I merely needed to address a couple issues. I must also admit that I'm rather proud with how quickly I updated this time. ;) *hugs reviewers*

14. Loopholes by SecretKeeper [ - ] (4708 words)
This chapter is dedicated to those who nominated Avenged Sevenfold in MNFF’s Quicksilver Quill Awards. I cannot possibly describe how touched I was to have been listed among so many terrific writers. As such, it was doubly astounding and moving to have won. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. You guys made this author deliriously happy. I hope you enjoy this chapter… and God, I hope I did Snape justice. *Crosses fingers*

Here’s to answered questions, plot twists, and one step closer to romance. *Raises glass*

15. Knocks on Doors by SecretKeeper [ - ] (5137 words)
I think this chapter needs no introduction. The agonizingly long wait was, to be frank, due to very personal reasons. I can only beg, for the next thousand years, for your forgiveness. It will never be that long again. Now, on with the story!