Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A Poisonous Romance by Samantha Baracudan

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
"So, what do we have next?" Brianna asked as she, Samantha, and Draco walked out of the door. Hermione was close behind them, although she was talking with Harry, Ron, Sapphire, Chairee, and Rachel. Draco could almost feel Ron's glaring eyes on his back.

"Arithmancy. And Hermione's in that class too..." Draco said, lowering his voice so Ron wouldn't hear him.

"Is that class easy? 'Cause Defense Against the Dark Arts is really easy to me," Samantha said.

Brianna rolled her eyes. "No kidding, genius! You sounded like you read the whole book before class in there." Samantha blushed.

"What's wrong with reading books before class?" Hermione said from behind them. Ron glared as the three Slytherins turned around to face her. He wasn't for this whole "inter-House unity" thing that he was probably convinced was going on.

"Nothing. Samantha here just never reads, so it was kind of surprising. Come to think of it, Samantha never studies either..." Brianna said. Draco sniggered while Samantha crossed her arms across her chest.

She began walking faster. "I am not stupid, if that's what you're suggesting..."

"You say that now..." Chairee piped up from next to Ron, who was still glaring at Draco. He really had to get over this.

"Blah, blah, blah..." Samantha said, putting her fingers in her ears.

"Alright, well, see you guys later... we gotta get to Divination. Come on Chairee. Oh yeah, and Harry and Sapphire," Ron said through gritted teeth as the four began walking off in the opposite direction.

Draco sighed. "You really have to talk to him, you know." Everyone else nodded.

"I know, I know. But it's hard to talk to him, since he's been angry with me a lot lately. Though I can't seem to figure out why," Hermione replied, looking thoughtful for a moment.

"Hey, maybe he's just going through, um, well, you know!" Rachel said, giggling.

"Oh my God, that would be funny! You should so ask him about it. I'd love to hear what he says," Samantha replied, grinning.

"You know, I'd rather not... let's just go to Arithmancy. And by the way, could someone please tell everyone to stop staring at us? It's really bugging me," Hermione said. It was then that Draco noticed that everyone passing by noticed them walking together.

"HEY EVERYONE! STOP STARING AT US! SO DRACO MALFOY AND HERMIONE GRANGER ARE DATING, BIG DEAL! DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO STARE AT US!" Samantha and Brianna yelled at the exact same time. Hermione and Draco's faces both turned scarlet as literally everyone in the halls stopped to stare and point at them.

"Are they for real?"

"A Gryffindor and a Slytherin? Give me a break!"

"They are so full of it..."

"No way in hell would that ever happen!"

The students in the Hall all began talking at once, occasionally looking up at Draco and Hermione. He sure had made some big-mouthed new friends, and now the whole school would know by the end of the day because of them. Wonderful.

"Gee, now we have Miss Big-Mouth and Miss Even-More-Big-Mouth to thank for this..." Draco mumbled, his face still red. Hermione nodded in agreement.

"Oh, come on, it can't be that bad!" Rachel argued.

Draco looked up at her. "But, you don't quite understand... Gryffindors and Slytherins are sworn enemies. And everyone knows that!"

Rachel sighed. "Yeah, I'm aware of that. But, don't you think we need some good old house unity right about now? I mean, you never know what could happen..." Draco considered this for a moment. Maybe she was right...

"Uh... how about we just get to Arithmancy before we're late?" Draco said quickly, changing the subject.

Rachel rolled her eyes at him. "Whatever you say... you just wanna get away from all the people staring and pointing at you and Hermione." Draco smirked and nodded.

"So do I, for that matter..." Hermione mumbled as they turned the corner of the corridor the Arithmancy classroom was in. As they walked into the Arithmancy classroom, several of the students already in their seats started pointing at Draco and Hermione, whispering to each other. Had word really spread that fast?

They took their seats, Hermione and Draco next to each other, which didn't exactly help matters all that much. "Wow, you guys are going to be talked about for, like, a month..." Brianna said from behind Draco. The other four nodded in agreement.

"Hey, look on the bright side... at least you're not outcasts!" Samantha said, grinning. Draco and Hermione rolled their eyes. At least someone could look at this in a humorous way.

Just then, the Arithmancy professor, Professor Vector, walked in the classroom and set some books down on her desk, smiling at the class. She seemed to be in good spirits.

"Welcome to Arithmancy! And for those of you new to this class, trust me, you'll love it. Everyone else does, don't you everyone else?" Vector said. The class mumbled and nodded in agreement.

"I like this professor..." Draco heard Rachel whispering to Samantha and Brianna.

Draco drifted off into sleep, although he didn't know why, for he usually loved sitting in Arithmancy, which was his favorite class. Perhaps he had fallen asleep thinking about the many possible reasons Dumbledore had made he and Hermione date publicly. Blame it all on Dumbledore.

"Aww, is Draco tired? It's so much fun watching you sleep," Brianna said teasingly as they walked to History of Magic, which the Slytherins had with the Ravenclaws. Most boring class in the world, by the way.

"Oh, shut up..." Draco said, shoving his hands into his pockets as he watched Hermione talk with Ginny and Whitney, whom she'd run into in the corridors as she walked to Charms. I wish I could just be with her all the time... Draco thought. He really hadn't realized what he'd been thinking until he took a seat in the History of Magic. But then, he realized he was yet another pathetic boy who was head-over-heels in love with the supposed girl of his dreams.