Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A Poisonous Romance by Samantha Baracudan

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
"Hey, Draco, what's wrong? You seem kind of preoccupied," Brianna said as they took their seats in the back of the History of Magic classroom.

Draco shrugged. "Nothing." His two friends looked at each other, smiling.

"Whatever you say, Draco... but you know we don't believe you, right?" Samantha asked, still grinning. Draco smirked and nodded. It wasn't exactly easy for Draco to successfully cover up what he was really feeling.

Samantha leaned back in her chair. "Hey, isn't this, like, the most boring class... ever?" Draco nodded while the two girls groaned.

"Great... but hey, at least it gives you a chance to daydream about Hermione!" Brianna said with a mischievous grin on her face. Draco rolled his eyes at her, even though she was right about it.

As Professor Binns, the History of Magic professor and the only ghost professor in the school, floated up to the front of the classroom, every single person in the class leaned back in their chairs, prepared for the most boring class ever. But, after seven years, you would kind of get into the routine of doing just that in Binns's class.

"Today we will be discussing the history of other wizarding schools. This may sound boring to you, but it is a very exciting topic," Binns said in a bored tone, though he probably thought it sounded excited and lively.

As he dragged on, Draco found himself nearly falling asleep in his chair. Thinking about Hermione, of course. Why had he, that one night in the Head Boy and Girl common room, told Hermione he only liked her as a friend? That was far from the truth. And, Hermione had believed him, which was actually a good thing, though Draco was sure she wouldn't have believed him. Then, to Draco's happiness, Dumbledore had made him become Hermione's boyfriend. Quite a turn in events, but Draco couldn't be any happier. Even though Hermione only saw him as a friend while he saw her as something more...

Well, it could be worse. They could still be enemies.

* * *

Soon the day was over, and Draco was actually looking forward to spending some time with Hermione in their common room. Even though he knew nothing would really happen, it would be nice to spend some time with his "girlfriend".

He said the password and walked into the common room. Hermione wasn't there yet, so he decided to wait for her. As Draco sat down on the sofa, he noticed a little blue book sitting on the table. Wondering what it was, he picked it up and began to read the first page.

It was a diary. Hermione's diary, to be exact. And when Draco saw his name on the very first page, he became rather curious.

Dear Diary,

I can't believe my luck! Dumbledore called Draco and me into his office today, and he said we had to become a couple! I'm so happy, after all, I have had a crush on him since I first saw him in our very first year at Hogwarts... but how am I supposed to tell him that? He only sees me as a friend. At least, I think he does...


Draco smiled as he finished reading the entry. So, he really had nothing to be worried about after all. This had to be the absolute best day in his life. How could he had known Hermione Granger had a crush on him in their first year? He hadn't even begun to like her then. But now that he knew, he was extremely happy. But, he did have to keep it a secret. If Hermione found out he'd read her diary... well, let's just say she probably wouldn't take it too well.

The door opened, and in walked Hermione. She didn't look very happy. Her so-called friend Ron had probably said something completely nasty to her.

"What's wrong with you?" Draco asked as she took a seat next to him and rested her head on his shoulder, sighing.

"Oh, it's Ron... he doesn't approve of this at all. But then again, Ron's never approved of what I do. Same with Ginny," Hermione replied with another sigh.

Draco put his arm around her. "He'll have to get over it..." Hermione smiled.

"Yeah, and especially with Ginny... she's getting really frustrated with him, and, quite frankly, so am I," she said. Draco chuckled.

They sat in silence for a few minutes, just sitting on the couch, all cuddled up. It was a very sweet moment, really, but if Ron or Pansy had been there, they would have completely lost it, and, attacked Draco and Hermione.

"Hey, Draco?" Hermione said suddenly, looking at the table where her diary was. Draco gulped. He realized it wasn't exactly where it had been before...

"Yeah..." Draco replied reluctantly. Hermione sat up and grabbed her diary.

She flipped through the pages. She then looked at him. "Have you been reading my diary?" Draco could feel his face turning red as he nodded. Hermione's eyes widened.

She stood up, and, to Draco's surprise, slapped him right across his face. "How dare you? Don't you know that diaries are supposed to be private? You should've never looked at it!" she shouted, her face a bright shade of red.

Draco rubbed the new red mark on his face. "Sorry... but..." Hermione lowered her hand, which had still been raised in the air, probably preparing to slap him again.

She sat down next to him. "What?" she asked. Draco sighed and looked at her.

"I kind of... well, read the first page. And I found out you... have had a crush on me since our first year. Is it really true?" Draco asked. Hermione's face turned an even deeper shade of red as she looked down at the ground.

"Yeah... yeah, I did... and I still do," she said quietly, a smile on her face.

Draco smiled. He put his hands under chin and lifted her face so she was looking directly in his eyes.

"To be honest with you, I didn't have a crush on you in our first year... but during our second year... I did. And, I still do," he said with a smile. Hermione's smile widened as she put her hands on top of Draco's.

They both leaned in, slowly, as they stared into each other's eyes. They could almost hear their hearts beating as their lips drew closer and closer together.

Finally, their lips met, and the spark they felt between them was enough for them to close their eyes and deepen the kiss. Neither of them had ever felt happier in their lives. At long last, after six years of hating each other, they were sharing their very first kiss, a very passionate one at that, and they didn't have a care in the world.

They pulled apart, smiling as they continued to stare into each other's eyes. "Draco... I love you." Hermione said. He gently stroked her cheek.

"I love you, too," he said. After sitting on the ground for awhile, they realized where they were.

They stood up, brushing any dirt off of their robes. "Wow, look at the time! I didn't even realize how late it was," Hermione said suddenly, looking at the clock in the center of the room. Well, when you're kissing the boy of your dreams, you really don't care what time it is, you know.

"I guess we should be getting to bed, huh?" Draco said. Hermione nodded, still smiling.

He walked over to her and kissed her on the forehead. "Goodnight then. See you tomorrow."

"Goodnight. I can hardly wait until tomorrow..." Hermione replied with a devilish grin as she walked over to her room.